Texting student falls onto BTS Skytrain tracks

webfact

It amazes me that so many Thai women walk down the BTS steps in their high heel shoes, texting or playing with their smart phones at the same time.

It seems such a no-brainer to me!

That's because they think that they can multi-task.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps this will prompt BTS to re-think their decision not to install Platform Screen Doors at all stations.

BTS have not made a decision not to install platform doors at all stations. The doors are provided by VGI Media which is a subsidiary company. So far B700Million has been spent installing the doors. It depends therefore on sponsorship through advertising income

Secondly we do not have screen doors on most platforms in the UK on the mass transit systems. These idiots are at fault for walking around not looking where they are going playing games and texting on their smart phones. I am regularly run into by smart phone users not looking where they are going. Motto should be don't drive (or walk) and text at the same time.

You overlook the suicide factor. I was severly inconvenienced because a very selfish person did themselves in on the Heathrow line, disrupting the travel of thousands of commuters. How long before they start offing themselves on the BTS?

Smartphone addiction is a real problem and getting worse.

Seen a Thai guy riding a motor bike holding his phone in one hand while reading something on it. He had a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. But even worse there was two more guy sitting behind him and all had no helmets. I kid you not but true.... They were going the wrong way down Sukhumvit .... Just Crazy !!!

I hope Thais read this on the news about this girl and take notice. She is lucky to be alive and not missing any limbs.

Perhaps this will prompt BTS to re-think their decision not to install Platform Screen Doors at all stations.

well for I don't know how long? 100 years (London subway) it worked without Screen Doors and now since we have smart phones and GPS we are more stupid than sheeps?

On that rate evolution needs another 1.000.000 years to sort out that problem.

It's a shame the London Underground have never installed platform doors, like on the central BTS stations. Many lives could have been saved. Only last week a mother and her 16 year old daughter went under a train at Ealing Broadway and were both killed.

Very common and stupid but it's a mental disease affecting millions and costing business a fortune during the hours when these people are supposed to be working. They cannot even cross the road or pay the bill in shops without talking or texting.

And I still see people texting in a moving Car

They just don't get it It can kill you

Authorities should charge this girl for stupidity. I don't have an ounce of sorry for this girl.

zero possibility that she was toppled due to an overcrowded platform during peak time then huh?

At peak times the BTS is absolutely chocka and standing in the front of the line I often find myself bracing my legs as the thought runs through that it'd be easy to accidently be pushed.

Not saying this happened but it'd need to be explored before you send a girl to court (jail?) for falling off a ledge.

Jailing for stupidity would put an end to thaivisa forums though...

Photo of Krung Thon Buri Station at exactly 8:30 AM.

My wife sent me this this morning complaining how there were "too many people"

Could it be that girl was accidentally pushed off the edge and the phone portion is meaningless?

Probably after the girl fell on the tracks they stopped the trains for a while and services were disrupted so passengers backed up.

Crossy

think you misunderstand the problem. Irrelevant WHAT the BTS do, <deleted> with heads in phones will not see them anyway!!!

It's you that doesn't understand, regardless of whether those using their phones see the barriers or not, those barriers will prevent them from falling on to the track

will give them a nice well deserved headache though

ll she needed was the " dont get run over by a train as your'e obsessed with your phone" app and all would have been ok.

Probably worldwide but I get sick of folks everywhere heads buried in phones and its 99% drivel ost of the time, out at a restaurant "head in phone" whole families, not a word spoken between them

I don't know your age, but I think we are to old for this world now.

Throwing accusations of "idiot", "stupid" and such is all very well, but brief observation of Joe and Jane Public at large at any time confirms that absolutely EVERYBODY leaves their brain at home sometimes, at least for some substantial part of the day.

There are no exceptions, we are all guilty of doing so to some extent.

Not me.

I believe you mean, "Not I"

Now put down that damn phone! LOL

Really? What happened to personal responsibility? coffee1.gif

As another poster mentioned - the phone was smarter than her! Fortunately she survived.

"Hey! Get off my lawn!"

Expressed in solidarity with all the posters on this thread who have nothing better to do than post about what a terrible trend this is.

And your solution is??

Mine is simple - use technology, don't be used by it. Technology is an adjunct to my life, it is NOT my life coffee1.gif

Edited by lvr181

"Hey! Get off my lawn!"

Expressed in solidarity with all the posters on this thread who have nothing better to do than post about what a terrible trend this is.

And your solution is??

Mine is simple - use technology, don't be used by it. Technology is an adjunct to my life, it is NOT my life coffee1.gif

Try telling that to the younger generation. It's a losing battle...

Crossy

think you misunderstand the problem. Irrelevant WHAT the BTS do, <deleted> with heads in phones will not see them anyway!!!

It's you that doesn't understand, regardless of whether those using their phones see the barriers or not, those barriers will prevent them from falling on to the track

They deserve their faith, freaking idiots.

Its getting so bad I've taken to walking down the street with my arm extended like a football running back giving the stiff arm.

These young automatons are braindead zombies. No sympathy for any of 'em. Really rude behavior.