Thai-English actress 'Anna Reese' kills cop in car crash

webfact

Ah need some rain boots to wade through the ignorance in this thread.

The comparisons with the Vorayuth Yoovidhya case, aside from a dead police officer, are totally baseless way off the mark of the reality of this situation. Vorayuth Yoovidhya is part of one of the richest and some may say powerful families in Thailand. This is a non-entity actress who has been in some b-films and cheap TV dramas. Owning or driving a Mercedes is hardly a marker up the often wrongly and illogically applied hi-so title. Considering she is half Thai, one may consider the fact that her family probably does have some money and may be middle or upper class. Since we don't really know her whole background its probably better to not just regurgitate tired stereotypes, and old and boring labels.

If she WAS high and or drunk then she should face the consequences, although considering the whole scene being filmed and (disgustingly..) shared and watched online kinda leads me to believe the last thing that was happening at the scene of this accident was a corrupt fast one being pulled by an evil, rich, powerful socialite. Just a out of sorts 28 year old who is obviously in shock.

I grew up and studied with lots of girls who were like this - by no means rich, but probably upper middle class, who probably don't face the hardships of TV members favorite poor-ignorant-farmer demo-graph may face, but by no realistic reasoning can be consider elite, hi-so, or even rich for that matter. It is pathetic that the amount of people on this forum that are jaded and misled stemming from their own laughable experiences (unexperiences? (sic) ) in this country.

A very tragic situation.

You want to explain why she wasn't alcohol tested at the scene or immediately after? I don't know how they are going to charge her with being drunk (if she was) if she wasn't tested until 48 hours later.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speed kills. And she must have been motoring. Hope they spend that poor copper's life for something.

Speed doesn't kill , lack of attention signals and awareness kills.

Speed KILLS, lack of attention and awareness helps speed.

If she was 'so shocked she could not give testimony at that time', who called her relatives to the scene?

You can see them on the video pulling her away.

She was under shock - or a good actress acting. But when in shock people do inadvertent things - like tell the truth.

Better to take her away and prepare the story and get things lined up. Now, drink driving is likely gone, if she had been drinking. And things are already being positioned - compensation for the family, no doubt the nice policeman who let her go off would expect a "thank you", off to a temple - some nice PR shots, grateful monks. Then the court can say she was really sorry, showed a lot of remorse, paid good compensation, etc etc etc. Small fine, slap on the wrist and off she goes, all forgotten.

Every time a hiso, elite, connected, actor/actress, or similar is involved it follows the same general pattern. Public contrition, behind the scenes cash negotiations - job done.

The fact that she soiled herself and remains at the site, weeping and cradling the dead body of the police guy leads me to feel she is genuinely upset and traumatised by this incident.

Don't know her from Adam, but its obviously a tremendously sad incident.

Some of the TV posters might like show a bit more self respect and stop sniggering.

Of course if S

HE had shown more respect for the law and driven properly then the accident may not even have happened.

Of course if Y

OU used the word accident, you acknowledge it's unplanned right?

Edited by Manbing

If she was 'so shocked she could not give testimony at that time', who called her relatives to the scene?

You can see them on the video pulling her away.

She was under shock - or a good actress acting. But when in shock people do inadvertent things - like tell the truth.

Better to take her away and prepare the story and get things lined up. Now, drink driving is likely gone, if she had been drinking. And things are already being positioned - compensation for the family, no doubt the nice policeman who let her go off would expect a "thank you", off to a temple - some nice PR shots, grateful monks. Then the court can say she was really sorry, showed a lot of remorse, paid good compensation, etc etc etc. Small fine, slap on the wrist and off she goes, all forgotten.

Every time a hiso, elite, connected, actor/actress, or similar is involved it follows the same general pattern. Public contrition, behind the scenes cash negotiations - job done.

Unfortunately, that's the exact format one can expect in Thailand, it's almost scripted.

The comparisons with the Vorayuth Yoovidhya case, aside from a dead police officer, are totally baseless way off the mark of the reality of this situation. Vorayuth Yoovidhya is part of one of the richest and some may say powerful families in Thailand. This is a non-entity actress who has been in some b-films and cheap TV dramas. Owning or driving a Mercedes is hardly a marker up the often wrongly and illogically applied hi-so title. Considering she is half Thai, one may consider the fact that her family probably does have some money and may be middle or upper class. Since we don't really know her whole background its probably better to not just regurgitate tired stereotypes, and old and boring labels.

If she WAS high and or drunk then she should face the consequences, although considering the whole scene being filmed and (disgustingly..) shared and watched online kinda leads me to believe the last thing that was happening at the scene of this accident was a corrupt fast one being pulled by an evil, rich, powerful socialite. Just a out of sorts 28 year old who is obviously in shock.

I grew up and studied with lots of girls who were like this - by no means rich, but probably upper middle class, who probably don't face the hardships of TV members favorite poor-ignorant-farmer demo-graph may face, but by no realistic reasoning can be consider elite, hi-so, or even rich for that matter. It is pathetic that the amount of people on this forum that are jaded and misled stemming from their own laughable experiences (unexperiences? (sic) ) in this country.

A very tragic situation.

You want to explain why she wasn't alcohol tested at the scene or immediately after? I don't know how they are going to charge her with being drunk (if she was) if she wasn't tested until 48 hours later.

I can't explain and have no idea. Kinda doubt that she waved her ELITIST MONEY WAND and got out of it though. Easy to make the assumptions - but maybe its better to be opened minded.

I will take a wild guess that the untrained first responders and police on the scene don't know how to deal with a raving, woman who was obviously quite traumatized to the point of even soiling her self. Don't get me wrong I am not saying this woman was in the right or wasn't coked out of her mind after smoking ice and drinking all night at an orgy - my point is that it is unfathomable to compare some 2-bit actress with the tragic and grossly corrupt Vorayuth Yoovidhya case. That case rivals infamous other cases like the that of Sherry-Ann Duncan and that bitch Suvibul Patpongpanit or even Duangchalerm Yubamrung executing that police officer in a night club. etc etc.

A very tragic situation.

I'll take a guess she has sufficient funds and a patron with the right connections that can take care of small problems like causing death due to dangerous driving, driving whilst intoxicated, etc.

"Actresses" in Thailand are highly sought as trophy girlfriends, and if sufficiently riap roy, wives. I am very confident Anna has some heavy hitters to call up in her black book when a pobpem crops up.

Take a gander at the 2010 Leo calendar in which she posed. Just getting that job would have involved some "lobbying".

The great news is that when a cash settlement is likely, the BIB will negotiate it for you and only charge 10% commission. Time payment plans are also available, payments to be made at nominated station on 1st day of the month, injured party collects on the 2nd. No payment and BIB will debt collect with threat of laying charges, and this service is available at no extra cost.

A very tragic situation.

I can't explain and have no idea. Kinda doubt that she waved her ELITIST MONEY WAND and got out of it though. Easy to make the assumptions - but maybe its better to be opened minded.

I will take a wild guess that the untrained first responders and police on the scene don't know how to deal with a raving, woman who was obviously quite traumatized to the point of even soiling her self. Don't get me wrong I am not saying this woman was in the right or wasn't coked out of her mind after smoking ice and drinking all night at an orgy - my point is that it is unfathomable to compare some 2-bit actress with the tragic and grossly corrupt Vorayuth Yoovidhya case. That case rivals infamous other cases like the that of Sherry-Ann Duncan and that bitch Suvibul Patpongpanit or even Duangchalerm Yubamrung executing that police officer in a night club. etc etc.

It can be compared inasmuch it appears that she has and is being given favourable treatment. Do you honestly imagine for one second if it was a falang behind the wheel of that Mercedes he/she would have been allowed to go home and show up at the police station at their convenience?

When the arguments fail turn to insults..........if it helps you.

you trip over on the floor and bang your head at a slow speed and it can still kill you, ask the Germans why they aren't all dying in droves on their autobahns (unrestricted) its because they pay attention to their surroundings

On roads built for 200+kph traffic, organised lanes for those 'aware' kinds of speed and drivers in machines capable of executing controlled speed

Yet what moron would try that here.

A fool, (and there are plenty of those here), her and you seemingly.

Great analogy

Mai kow jai..

Cogency is what arguments are about. I have not insulted you but have asked how slowing vehicular speed down is not part of the equation.

As of yet the only thing you have contributed to this sorry Thai equation are German autobahns.

as is comprehension, you called me a fool.

If speed kills why aren't we all dead? we are all travelling at many thousands of miles per hour, your comment "speed kills" is "general" speed does not in itself kill, lack of awareness does, you stated SPEED KILLS as the be all and end all in YOUR FIRST comment, this was then altered to "lack of awareness +100kph" so you shifted the goal posts

Kannot get enough kannots on Thai visa. Almost as though the site breeds them.

"A fool" ,here, is part of a tripartite expression and was not directed at anyone. Indeed the article 'a' should make that comprehensibly obvious, ....... For most unless you cccannnot!

Speedingwas the point i initially made, and i take it we have all at some point have sped. That does not equate your "why aren't we all dead/" as you now wish to discuss theoretical astro-physics. The irony about that and forums is that i can discus that stuff in detail!! And without SHOUTING.

But it seems silly and we have gone beyond Anna's egregious error.

Go faster kannnnnooootttt

Wow, am I sick of people who say 'Speed Kills' - usually as a justification for putting another speed trap on a road where they are likely to raise more funds.

Speed does NOT kill. Dangerous driving kills. Going too fast for the specific situation would constitute dangerous driving, but there are many other things which are dangerous. The biggest would be people not paying attention.

There should be no such offence as speeding : it should be dangerous driving. But that becomes subjective and gives a possibility for a defence which would cost money - and the government wants to get money, not lose it.

Speed kills. And she must have been motoring. Hope they spend that poor copper's life for something.

It does. "Lack of attention signals and awareness" without 100+kph and he lives.

You are using the same excuse as the Thais do. Just that awareness cannot be measured. Its just stupid.

Speed does not kill fact! It is collisions that cause death and injury. As there was apparently a big bike involved then this sounds like a tragic accident caused by a 3rd party.

Briggsy : yes true - lots of guess work - all i am saying.. don't think she was calling the heavy hitters in at that point in time.

Being a Leo girl isn't a big accomplishment; magic lobbying or not.

giddyup: I doubt a foreigner would get out of a situation like that, especially if causing death.

Time will see what happens - I think a few people may be overestimating her clout.

Speed does kill. Driving slower gives one time to adjust to changing circumstances i.e. the motorbike speeding. She admits to 100 kph maybe more when you look at the condition of her car. When giving merit she should do a side bar thanking the fact that she is still alive. I still find it a bit odd that the cop was pulled over and sleeping in his car.

Briggsy : yes true - lots of guess work - all i am saying.. don't think she was calling the heavy hitters in at that point in time.

Being a Leo girl isn't a big accomplishment; magic lobbying or not.

giddyup: I doubt a foreigner would get out of a situation like that, especially if causing death.

Time will see what happens - I think a few people may be overestimating her clout.

What's the worst that can happen to her now? I would say drink driving would be off the table if they didn't test her until 48 hours later. So it's probably going to be some kind of driving without due care, perhaps dangerous driving, nothing that I can imagine her going to jail for.

Two people made mistakes (possibly three including the motorcyclist), like we all do. Just one of those people is now dead.

We are discussing it here because the other one of those people was a celebrity.

If that is not the case why are the other sixteen or so deaths that happen every day on Thai roads not being talked about with so much interest?

(Edit: Of course there will be peaks and troughs as there are huge peaks around Songkran for instance, but that's the average)

You think I exaggerate?

"A study this year (2014) showed that Thailand ranked number two of road fatalities in the world, with 44 road deaths per 100,000 people. Fatalities from road accidents made up 5.1 percent of Thailand’s overall deaths. According to the Royal Thai Police, there were 6,185 deaths as a result of road traffic incidents between October 2013 and September 2014 (4,610 males and 1,575 females). In comparing statistics it should be noted that there is a difference in the method of calculating statistics for road deaths in Thailand (at the scene of the accident) and the WHO (within 30 days of the accident)."

https://www.gov.uk/government/world-location-news/2014-world-day-of-remembrance-for-road-traffic-victims

You can download the full report as well if you wanted to read more : http://www.who.int/violence_injury_prevention/road_safety_status/2013/en/

6185 / 365 = 16.94 lets say that's sixteen a day.

But you know this already, you deal with it every day.

Every Thai friend I have spoken to has seen someone die on the roads. Some many more than once.

Yes I have limited experience of Thailand, I am a English Motorcycle Instructor, what do I know about Thailand?

In fact I have openly asked for people to comment on my riding in Thailand -

I ride as best I can to our Police Roadcraft Standards and have spent many years learning defensive riding techniques.

However I am always looking for new ideas, new ways to keep us motorcyclists alive on the roads.

The latest ideas in the UK are to avoid such accidents in the first place. We all have the skills and abilities to do so.

I know some here will attack me with the usual TiT argument, Most people who have passed their driving test think they are a good driver (It's always someone else who needs training or is a bad driver).

I don't claim I can wave a magic want and make Thailand safe. But it can be done.

I hope at least a few of you will take the time to have a look at this.

http://nosurprise.org.uk/

It is not about pointing fingers and blaming anyone. Just avoiding the event happening in the first place. Taking responsibility for our own actions. I include myself in this, we are all still learning.

A little bit of refreshing humbleness a rare thing on TV. Seems like some good advice here number one being taking responsibility for your own actions and in conjunction with that the written and unwritten rule of the road is you must have control of your vehicle at ALL times. I drove from age 15 (drove for a year with a car but without a license) to 70 with only a couple minor accidents and I also drove 15 of those years on the job summer fall winter and spring. I have never lost any points from my drivers license. I made it a point to drive according to road conditions and was always left in the lurch by others speeding sliding driving way beyond road conditions. The only difference now is there are many more drivers on the road.

The most amazing thing or aspect in this thread are people vindicating, venting their own personal views or habits vicariously through this incident.

It is classic TV and amazing.

Also a terrible reflection of hypocrisy of falangs in Thailand.

Edited by optad

Justice will not be served, like other accidents that have happened before and will happen in the future here in Thailand it is all about reaching a conclusion that everyone will be happy with, money will change hands and life will go on.

The fact that she soiled herself and remains at the site, weeping and cradling the dead body of the police guy leads me to feel she is genuinely upset and traumatised by this incident.

Some of the TV posters might like show a bit more self respect and stop sniggering.

I don't think she soiled herself. We could see her sitting on the side of the road. I think this the reason why her pants are dirty

I don't think she soiled herself. We could see her sitting on the side of the road. I think this the reason why her pants are dirty

A valuable contribution to this debate.

She looks like an emotional and drunk lady imo. Certainly does not look like she just nipped out for food the way she is dressed.

She even seems pretty petulant at some point.

Doubt she would sleep much after that, but still managed to not turn up at the police station until 1.30pm the next day.

Looks like she has now made it to the police station.

pic from Sanook.com

People who are drunk don't usually have such good posture. People can be inattentive for reasons other than intoxication. She looks distraught, not drunk. She was steady on her feet in the video, also. This is a tragedy for all concerned.

Hard to tell on the video but she looks drunk to me. steady on her feet? A tragedy Yes. Also is she English or Thai or both?

Speed does not kill fact! It is collisions that cause death and injury. As there was apparently a big bike involved then this sounds like a tragic accident caused by a 3rd party.

Oh right, bike involved must be his fault. Just how did a motorcyclist cause the car he was overtaking to reach the speed needed to cause such damage? Should we charge with Outrageous Temerity (Thai - mai mi kreng jai) for overtaking an upper class vehicle?

She looks like an emotional and drunk lady imo. Certainly does not look like she just nipped out for food the way she is dressed.

She even seems pretty petulant at some point.

Doubt she would sleep much after that, but still managed to not turn up at the police station until 1.30pm the next day.

She should have been arrested and a blood alcohol/drug test been taken and analyzed before letting her take of. Of drugged or intoxicated she should be in jail until a court hearing.

I have a theory that the bike was attempting to overtake and that she accelerated to quite a high speed to prevent this. Then as the bike completed the overtake, she was either unable to handle the speed attained or too busy spitting her dummy because some "cheap" bike had overtaken her Benz.

Having done a lot of riding here, the theory is based on far too many past experiences.

Yep; just another unfounded theory and about as accurate as most of the others.

I have a theory that the bike was attempting to overtake and that she accelerated to quite a high speed to prevent this. Then as the bike completed the overtake, she was either unable to handle the speed attained or too busy spitting her dummy because some "cheap" bike had overtaken her Benz.

Having done a lot of riding here, the theory is based on far too many past experiences.

Yep; just another unfounded theory and about as accurate as most of the others.

If you understand scientific method, a theory is valid until evidence disproves it, which then leads to postulation of a better theory. Your post would be more informative if it contained such evidence, rather than an unsupported opinion.