Thai-English actress 'Anna Reese' kills cop in car crash

webfact

Looks like she has now made it to the police station.

pic from Sanook.com

People who are drunk don't usually have such good posture. People can be inattentive for reasons other than intoxication. She looks distraught, not drunk. She was steady on her feet in the video, also. This is a tragedy for all concerned.

Steady on her feet? Watch the part where she starts yelling at the cop before leaving the scene. She almost falls over.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/835944-thai-english-actress-anna-reese-kills-cop-in-car-crash/page-2# thanks to PP99

I have a few reservations with your post. If you open the link and see the police car in situ, it is quite obviously not on a motorway. It seems quite a few people think it is a quiet place to park.

Then you assume the motorcyclist is weaving in traffic, because that's what they do. But the evidence is that there were only 2 moving vehicles anywhere around, and they were both moving at quite high speed. I have speculated on that, but what is undeniable is that the speed of the Benz is what caused the death of the policeman, and no possible actions of the motorcyclist caused the car to travel at that speed.

Whether you think it is the right thing to do or not, I am pointing at this woman and saying your speeding caused a death. Take responsibility for it.

Thanks for the comment. I take on board what you say, if the accident happened at the location posted above that does not look like a motorway.

Just out of interest do you know what the posted speed limit is for that road? If it is a rural road with a 90kmh speed limit then her 100kmh was only slightly over.

If it had been a motorway she technically would have been under the speed limit of 120kmh.

Ok if it's a town road then she was obviously speeding. But you still don't get my point.

I don't make any claims that there was a rider swerving in and out. I am a biker, I have a lot of Thai friends who are Bikers, note I say Bikers as apposed to motorcyclists. I have ridden with them in large groups. They are not so different to the bikers I ride with in the UK. I filter through traffic and ride my bike fast. I cringe at the way many of my friends ride both in England and Thailand. So potentially a rider might have been involved. However I totally agree with you that there is only circumstantial evidence of a motorcycle being involved. But I stated that in the post.

Could the Police officer have parked in a better place? Well thats down to due process to decide. Or would be if that was conducted correctly - tit.

My opinion is 'No' if you only want to blame her for excessive speed. 'Yes' if you want to avoid a similar accident happening again.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/835944-thai-english-actress-anna-reese-kills-cop-in-car-crash/page-2# thanks to PP99

I have a few reservations with your post. If you open the link and see the police car in situ, it is quite obviously not on a motorway. It seems quite a few people think it is a quiet place to park.

Then you assume the motorcyclist is weaving in traffic, because that's what they do. But the evidence is that there were only 2 moving vehicles anywhere around, and they were both moving at quite high speed. I have speculated on that, but what is undeniable is that the speed of the Benz is what caused the death of the policeman, and no possible actions of the motorcyclist caused the car to travel at that speed.

Whether you think it is the right thing to do or not, I am pointing at this woman and saying your speeding caused a death. Take responsibility for it.

Thanks for the comment. I take on board what you say, if the accident happened at the location posted above that does not look like a motorway.

Just out of interest do you know what the posted speed limit is for that road? If it is a rural road with a 90kmh speed limit then her 100kmh was only slightly over.

If it had been a motorway she technically would have been under the speed limit of 120kmh.

Ok if it's a town road then she was obviously speeding. But you still don't get my point.

I don't make any claims that there was a rider swerving in and out. I am a biker, I have a lot of Thai friends who are Bikers, note I say Bikers as apposed to motorcyclists. I have ridden with them in large groups. They are not so different to the bikers I ride with in the UK. I filter through traffic and ride my bike fast. I cringe at the way many of my friends ride both in England and Thailand. So potentially a rider might have been involved. However I totally agree with you that there is only circumstantial evidence of a motorcycle being involved. But I stated that in the post.

Could the Police officer have parked in a better place? Well thats down to due process to decide. Or would be if that was conducted correctly - tit.

My opinion is 'No' if you only want to blame her for excessive speed. 'Yes' if you want to avoid a similar accident happening again.

Not familiar with the area, but by the look of the parked cars, it is the one-way service road alongside the motorway. Speed limit 55?

Sad state of affairs ......without a doubt.

May the officer rest in peace while Anna Reese will have to live with remorse for the rest of her life....unfortunately.

Maybe this tragedy will make all the more people drive safer and more consciously.

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

Not familiar with the area, but by the look of the parked cars, it is the one-way service road alongside the motorway. Speed limit 55?

So if its the slip to the motorway where does the motorway limit end? Had she just left the motorway? Where did her lose of control start? How fast was she actually going (Rather than claimed)? Is it a safe place to park on the access road to a motorway? Too many variables here to make an informed statement of fact. That's the problem with trying to find blame.

In the UK they would have a go. The road would have been closed, scene of crime team having full control. She would of course have been breathalysed and from measurements taken at the scene and the amount of damage to the vehicles and skidding an independent assessment would have been formed to provide insight into the accident. It is in fact the results of the massive amount of data collected through these assessments that we base our ideas for improving road safety.

But of course TiT.

However if you instead say that this is normal behaviour for the roads of Thailand and look towards ways that the same thing will not happen to you, then at least you are on the way to not having 16 pages of TV mulling over your actions.

Im sorry I read your post three times trying to understand what you are saying, and I still dont.

But after 19 pages of comments Im easily confused

Yes, I know what you mean.

Simply put.

The two or three people who contributed to the accident that lead to the death of one of them were just normal people doing what normal people do on a daily basis.

Rather than trying to find an individual person to blame for the accident. Accept that it was a mixture of common mistakes we all make that lead to an unfortunate chain of events.

IF he had parked round the corner. If she had been driving at a speed that she could stop in the distance she could see to be clear or maybe just a little slower. If the claimed rider had not been swerving in and out of traffic, then this accident would not have happened.

But it did happen, how can we try to avoid it happening again?

And if she was drunk or drugged out, still only a common mistake is it? Sorry, but you are just too touchy feely for your own good. Like, why can't we all just get along? You sound like you just stepped off a hippie commune.

Im sorry I read your post three times trying to understand what you are saying, and I still dont.

But after 19 pages of comments Im easily confused

Yes, I know what you mean.

Simply put.

The two or three people who contributed to the accident that lead to the death of one of them were just normal people doing what normal people do on a daily basis.

Rather than trying to find an individual person to blame for the accident. Accept that it was a mixture of common mistakes we all make that lead to an unfortunate chain of events.

IF he had parked round the corner. If she had been driving at a speed that she could stop in the distance she could see to be clear or maybe just a little slower. If the claimed rider had not been swerving in and out of traffic, then this accident would not have happened.

But it did happen, how can we try to avoid it happening again?

And if she was drunk or drugged out, still only a common mistake is it? Sorry, but you are just too touchy feely for your own good. Like, why can't we all just get along? You sound like you just stepped off a hippie commune.

I think her point was that you can point the finger and blame others all you want, but if you don't look at your own contribution to your own safety, you'll be dead no matter who is to blame. If you allow for all the pissed-up idiots and self-important buffoons on the road, then you have more chance of getting value from your pension contributions.

SC

It has been reported that alcohol is a contributory factor in over 80% of Thai road fatalities.

http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news-archive/picking-up-the-pieces-an-interview-with-the-chiang-mai-rescue-team/

I think that makes it fairly common?

It has been reported that alcohol is a contributory factor in over 80% of Thai road fatalities.

http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news-archive/picking-up-the-pieces-an-interview-with-the-chiang-mai-rescue-team/

I was responding to the post that said it was nobody's fault, basically just an act of god.

I was responding to the post that said it was nobody's fault, basically just an act of god.

I thought the post said that rather than trying to apportion blame we should think how to avoid being involved in such accidents - not only avoiding being the "guilty party" but also avoid being the "innocent victim"

So if its the slip to the motorway where does the motorway limit end? Had she just left the motorway? Where did her lose of control start? How fast was she actually going (Rather than claimed)? Is it a safe place to park on the access road to a motorway? Too many variables here to make an informed statement of fact. That's the problem with trying to find blame.

In the UK they would have a go. The road would have been closed, scene of crime team having full control. She would of course have been breathalysed and from measurements taken at the scene and the amount of damage to the vehicles and skidding an independent assessment would have been formed to provide insight into the accident. It is in fact the results of the massive amount of data collected through these assessments that we base our ideas for improving road safety.

But of course TiT.

However if you instead say that this is normal behaviour for the roads of Thailand and look towards ways that the same thing will not happen to you, then at least you are on the way to not having 16 pages of TV mulling over your actions.

You seem unfamiliar with the Thai road system. Motorways in town often have parallel service roads either side, usually one way but sometimes 2, for access to local businesses, side streets, parking, etc. The service roads are suburban streets, but often run for long distances. They are not a slip road, or access way, and there are multiple access and egress points to/from the motorway.

I have been fined on a big bike for using the motorway rather than the service road, though it may have been a BS excuse for extortion.

I have at no point suggested that nobody was at fault.

That's the problem, you are looking to blame someone.

Nobody knows the facts about what happened except possibly for the driver and the motorcyclist or the witness.

If there was a motorcyclist will they step up and say what happened?

Is the witness reliable?

If you want to stick with those questions then nothing will change. You are more than certain to never find out what truly happened.

If instead you ask "how could events like this be avoided by our own actions" then maybe things will start to change.

You seem unfamiliar with the Thai road system. Motorways in town often have parallel service roads either side, usually one way but sometimes 2, for access to local businesses, side streets, parking, etc. The service roads are suburban streets, but often run for long distances. They are not a slip road, or access way, and there are multiple access and egress points to/from the motorway.

I have been fined on a big bike for using the motorway rather than the service road, though it may have been a BS excuse for extortion.

Sorry to hear about your fine. Unfortunately the motorway rules seem to be a knee jerk reaction to the raising motorcycle death rate. Expect more of the same before things improve.

Forcing big bikes to use the motorcycle lanes around Phuket is about the worst case of knee jerk stupid road safety planning I have ever seen.

I am familiar withThai urban motorways. Read my reply. Where did she loose control? Not where did she hit the car. I thought the statement made was that she swerved to miss a vehicle on the motorway. If the police officer was asleep in a safe place then that was just a unfortunate circumstance. But we do not have the full information do we? If that is the case how prevalent is the number of police officers having to sleep in vehicles? If this is an isolated occurrence then it was very unfortunate. But if there are thousands of police officers sleeping in cars then the chances are it will happen again.

There are different speed limits for Motorways and rural roads. If we believe the stated speed of 100kmh she would have been under the speed 120 limit for the motorway.

But a loss of control could easily have caused her to swerve towards the service road.

Back to my point that if I was looking to pull up and have a kip I would not choose somewhere next to a motorway. Even if just to avoid being disturbed by the amount of traffic noise in the morning. But with the prevalence of access on and off and the lack of safety barriers between the highways would you consider it to be a safe place to have a kip?

Again it's not about blame, it's about learning lessons so the same thing will not happen again.

Well no - TiT. Less of the same thing happening again.

If you're driving in a straight line and are forced to swerve to avoid some moron who gets in your way then it's not reckless to do so.

The charge should be speeding and she should pay a small fine.

They should really be looking for the motorcycle driver who caused this accident by forcing someone else to alter their course, he appears to have been the reckless one.

When I was learning to drive I was taught that any action I take on the road should not cause anyone else on the road to take any kind of action / evasive reaction in response to what I'm doing. If it does then I'm doing it wrong.

If you're driving in a straight line and are forced to swerve to avoid some moron who gets in your way then it's not reckless to do so.

They should really be looking for the motorcycle driver who caused this accident by forcing someone else to alter their course, he appears to have been the reckless one.

When I was learning to drive I was taught that any action I take on the road should not cause anyone else on the road to take any kind of action / evasive reaction in response to what I'm doing. If it does then I'm doing it wrong.

I reckon driving into a stationary vehicle at speed is pretty culpable under any circumstances. If she couldn't safely avoid the motorcycle she shouldn't have done so. He'd have got out of her way, or learnt his lesson.

SC

I reckon driving into a stationary vehicle at speed is pretty culpable under any circumstances. If she couldn't safely avoid the motorcycle she shouldn't have done so. He'd have got out of her way, or learnt his lesson.

SC

Sorry but are you actually suggesting that given the choice you would swerve into a motorcyclist rather than a parked car that at 3am you could normally assume would be empty?

That's potentially murder.

SC

Sorry but are you actually suggesting that given the choice you would swerve into a motorcyclist rather than a parked car that at 3am you could normally assume would be empty?

I'm saying I would slam on my brakes and watch where I was going.

If the motorcyclist and the accused were going at about the same speed (as alleged in the claims that they might have been racing) then slowing down a little would have been sufficient.

In the past I have nearly caused an accident by swerving without checking if it was safe to do so, and I hope I have learnt my lesson.

SC

But of course TiT.

Question actually is, possibly was the car parked legally? Possibly he had no right to voluntarily be stationary there at all.

Anything and everything can happen on a Thai road, so parking in a really unexpected and ultimately fatal isn't beyond anything.

SC

Not if he's got no legal reason be stationary where he was. The claim is he was taking a nap. Looks like a slip road to the motorway.

If he wasn't broken down, and even then should probably have had hazard lights in, he possibly had no business parking there.

We're still obliged to avoid driving into the stupid, elderly, infirm and children, as well as expert road-users, wherever we find them. There is no excuse for ploughing into the back of someone ever, anywhere. Replace any object you hit with an imaginary child.

Personally, the thing that distresses me in this case is the complete contempt for the police shown by all sides. I'd have expected the police, following the death of one of their own, to have taken particular concern to ensure that the full force of the law was brought to bear in a most merciless fashion, possibly even going beyond the call of duty and strict legal due process.

SC

SC

I'm saying I would slam on my brakes and watch where I was going.

If the motorcyclist and the accused were going at about the same speed (as alleged in the claims that they might have been racing) then slowing down a little would have been sufficient.

In the past I have nearly caused an accident by swerving without checking if it was safe to do so, and I hope I have learnt my lesson.

SC

Slam on your brakes? Just the sort of reaction that would cause a loss of control.

If your claim is correct I would hope you were not racing a motorcycle in the first place and therefore you would have avoided the accident totally?

The British Motorcycle test was amended a couple of years ago to include a hazard avoidance swerve. Sometimes swerving is the best option to avoid an accident rather than slamming on the brakes that can cause the vehicle to loose traction. The best advice is to be aware of what is going on around you at any one time so you can take the evasive action required for the circumstances. Not that I would be racing but if I was driving and had the choice of Rider or assumed empty parked car I know which choice I would make. However it is far from that simple.

How long was it between the swerve and hitting the parked car? What speed was she actually doing? Why would a motorcycle cut her up on a probably fairly empty motorway at 3am?

It's very easy to get lost in the blame game and not learn anything.

But of course TiT.

Almost everywhere the service roads have the same name, Frontage Road.

Pol Sub Lieutenant Napadol Wongbunndit, 44, died while asleep inside his police car parked on a Bangkok road.

The accident occurred at about 3am on the inbound motorway in Bangkok's Prawet district...

Normal road or motorway? Does it really matter?

If it was a normal road, was the car legally parked? If there were no street lamps, were any lights on the car switched on?

If it was a motorway, it was probably illegal to park there. Street lamps? Car lights on?

I guarantee she was texting...

Whilst drunk?? thats terrible, probably illegible.......sorry but its in as much bad taste as "how things are here" anyway

You two are making it up as you go along,fairy tales.You have been sucked in by TVF's usual form of giving half a story,definetly anti Thai and all you spinners come in like the tide.After all Thai bashers have vented,TVF will leak a bit more of the story,contradicting the first story and TB will have egg on their faces as usual,but no apologies.This is how TVF make money and when they have posters like you two and many others they will profit.You are being used in the bigger game of profit,me too if it comes to that,but somebody must contradict your rubbish.

An Oscar performance by the lady if I’m not wrong. To do damage to a parked car like that she was flying. In another newspaper it states a witness said there was a big motor bike there at the same time and he believed they were racing and that the bike slowed down. Big car, big ego, and the belief that because they appear on TV they are untouchable. Just hope the bang her up as they would do anybody not in the limelight. Feel sorry for the cop’s family.!!!!!

The only time police get any sympathy is when theyare killed.Thai's react very dramically to death and not everybody can live up to your idea of emotions.

Sorry but I have no sympathy for the police in Thailand, nor the one in Japan now, nor the Thai legal/justice system, pay the family and go home.

So the poor bloke was sleeping,did no harm to you and now he's dead.Your not sorry at all,but your right,you have no sympathy because you have no empathy or compassion.Must be sad being you.

Really tragic news for the policeman, one thing in Thailand I will say is that 99% of taxis don't have seat belts and it's almost frowned upon when a passenger in another car. The huge death toll during songkran would probably be halved if there were stronger laws in the use of seat belts. All taxis tuck them under the back seats for fear of ruining there cheap vinyl car seats. It's absolutely ridiculous. People dying because not wearing seat belts. Rip.

Those things with 3 wheels are called tuk tuks not taxis,when you have been here a bit longer you will know the difference.So one minute they have no seat belts,the next,they are tucked under the back seat.As i always ride shotgun and belt up,i can't say i notice.