Yingluck becomes richer in latest wealth update by NACC

webfact

It is pathetic when the poor do not understand how wealth is amassed. Given enough assets wealth increases. She has assets and naturally they appreciate in value. It does not have to be underhanded for this to be accomplished. Seems so sad when the poor criticize the wealthy for amassing more wealth. They just don't understand how to do it and it is all sour grapes.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a country with the rule of law one doesn't have to explain anything. The prosecutor has to make charges with great granularity and specificity. "This happened on that date, right here and I'm here to prove it."

I haven't seen where she's been charged with anything with specificity, not even as charged with negligence. When, where and what date?

This would either get laughed out of a first world court, or the prosecutor would get busy with detailed and specific charges. This process is a travesty, even if a proper process would find her guilty of some crime.

You haven't seen because you refuse to look. As PM she put forward a policy "to raise the incomes of the poorest farmers" which it was claimed would be cost free at worst, or profitable. After 12 months it had incurred huge losses and was not achieving its goal. Not only did she do nothing, she lied about it. After 2 years, the losses were not only continuing, they were snowballing due to the storage costs of the huge volume of rice that couldn't be sold. Not only did she do nothing, she lied about it. At 33 months when she resigned, it was obvious that not only was the policy costing even more, it was completely unsustainable, and debts to farmers were not being paid. The provisional answer was to incur a huge debt.

You want a date? Ask Yingluk on which days here rice policy was reviewed for cost and effectiveness.

They claimed it was going to be cost free? or profitable? really?

I bet many Governments around the world could do popular policies which either lost a little or made money.

It would be interesting to see her real net asset value including cash salted away offshore and through nominees. It must have swelled with her share of the fake rice export deals and other scams during her watch.

It would be interesting to see you arrested for slander & defamation as you have no proof of your accusations. I wonder if lese majeste includes past leaders or just present...

It would be interesting to see her real net asset value including cash salted away offshore and through nominees. It must have swelled with her share of the fake rice export deals and other scams during her watch.

"fake rice export deals and other scams during her watch (Yingluck).."

Really?......Submit it to the electorate and see how much substance it has.

This sort of stuff certainly pleases the anti-democrats. They are not about to try and convince the electorate of their fabricated innuendo's.

But many believe everything they say as being factual......... In mature Democracies, that doesn't happen so much, except for when the Parliamentary Opposition is preaching to the choir. Usually Opposition stuff is judged by its' source.....For some reason, that does not seem to be the case for many in Thailand. Whatever the Opposition says about those they cannot defeat in an Election, is gospel truth for them....Why Farangs are particularly susceptible to this, I can only speculate about.

Even the Rice subsidy program...There has never been an independent analysis and audit, but self-serving Opposition tirades and their self-serving specious investigations are accepted as the truth....Self-serving being the operative word here. Yingluck's explanations and defense of this program before Parliament was never given the light of day in the media.

I enjoy watching them shudder in their boots at the very thought of facing Yingluck in an election....The electorate does not robottically following their every mantra....They are not so easily swayed as others.....So they have/are using their NACC brethren to prevent them ever having to face her in an election and their Election Commission brethren to cancel elections. Yingluck would destroy them electorally, and they know it.

nice rant brains but i do believe she,s banned for 5 years ..hahahahahahahaha

"..... i do believe she,s banned for 5 years."

Not yet, but she will be.

This is absolutely necessary for the self-serving Anti-democrats.

The fact we can say that "she will be", is it is common knowledge that regardless how they diddle/reform (same thing) the electoral system to favor their minority, Yingluck would remain an electoral threat to them. So she needs to go.

They are using various judicial entities as cover, as per usual.

Nothing new with respect to their MO.......If anything, they are predictable.

Edited by Bannum opinions

They claimed it was going to be cost free? or profitable? really?

I bet many Governments around the world could do popular policies which either lost a little or made money.

Your memory losses are becoming so recurrent as to cause concern. Have you sought medical help?

What many governments can do, or even wish they could do, bears little resemblance to the incompetence and idiocy of the Yingluk/Thaksin government.

Did you ever think what the ex-prime ministers and ex-presidents of your home countries are worth--Yingluck's reported net worth is less than $20M--mere chump change in terms of world leaders.

But then again, she isn't/never-was a world leader, at least not yet.

She's done quite well for a mushroom-farmer.

Not even worth commenting on the council only wants her cash... There worse than she is. Her brother is a arch cockroach.

Police get promotions based on the willingness to pay LOL... Now theres your answer to all the problems.

I have never seen a country where police run there own program. There all corrupt and it is right across the compete playing board. Just look at some of the faces on these people. She comes from wealth so what business did she have as a politician NONE. She was not interested in helping the people same as the current command post. Its all about control here..

There will never be any free speech or public standers for office. Anyone that attempts will be told to cease fire

nice rant brains but i do believe she,s banned for 5 years ..hahahahahahahaha

"..... i do believe she,s banned for 5 years."

Not yet, but she will be.

This is absolutely necessary for the self-serving Anti-democrats.

The fact we can say that "she will be", is it is common knowledge that regardless how they diddle/reform (same thing) the electoral system to favor their minority, Yingluck would remain an electoral threat to them. So she needs to go.

They are using various judicial entities as cover, as per usual.

Nothing new with respect to their MO.......If anything, they are predictable.

"Not yet"

Odd then that a news-organisation of the calibre of Reuters should have got it wrong when they said "Thai authorities dealt a double blow to ousted Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and her powerful family on Friday, banning her from politics for five years" ? whistling.gif

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/01/23/us-thailand-politics-idUSKBN0KW01S20150123

Parked off shore and the baht has gotten weaker so of course her wealth has increased. You don't really think she keeps the majority of in Thailand do you?

I just read that the glorious leader opened a BVI company for a land deal, have you had your whinge about that yet? Or do you aim your venom in just one direction?

What venom? Just a simple thought but unlike you I don't rag on everyone else's opinion. Take a chill pill and don't worry so much about every little comment. But then again with over 3K + comments I guess it is what you do. Have a lovely day, I know I will as I don't let other people's opinions comments or thoughts get my shorts in a wad.

People always cry when the rich get richer....if it were you would you want to get poorer? That's the whole point of a business person.

So how much is the fuhrer general worth? Care to be transparent about that??? Didn't think so

Yawn...

Parked off shore and the baht has gotten weaker so of course her wealth has increased. You don't really think she keeps the majority of in Thailand do you?

I just read that the glorious leader opened a BVI company for a land deal, have you had your whinge about that yet? Or do you aim your venom in just one direction?

What venom? Just a simple thought but unlike you I don't rag on everyone else's opinion. Take a chill pill and don't worry so much about every little comment. But then again with over 3K + comments I guess it is what you do. Have a lovely day, I know I will as I don't let other people's opinions comments or thoughts get my shorts in a wad.

says the person getting his shorts in a wad

Chalerm did well for a former policeman.

If you have children in Thailand advise them to get a career in the Thai police.

I can't remember what rank he retired at but it was not really high. Perhaps like Insp. Clouseau's wife in the Pink Panther, he was very frugal with the housekeeping. More than a fur coat or two though, methinks.

Wonder how much Prayuth's stash has gone up after his shady sale of 600 million THB worth of land to a company set up 5 days earlier in the British Virgin Isles?

regardless of the questionable nature of the sale, that land had "been in his family"... fact, it belonged to his dad...

How dear old Dad got his hands on 600 million in land is anyone's guess... till you learn that he was also in the military... laugh.png

This sort of stuff certainly pleases the anti-democrats. They are not about to try and convince the electorate of their fabricated innuendo's.

But many believe everything they say as being factual......... In mature Democracies, that doesn't happen so much, except for when the Parliamentary Opposition is preaching to the choir. Usually Opposition stuff is judged by its' source.....For some reason, that does not seem to be the case for many in Thailand. Whatever the Opposition says about those they cannot defeat in an Election, is gospel truth for them....Why Farangs are particularly susceptible to this, I can only speculate about.

Even the Rice subsidy program...There has never been an independent analysis and audit, but self-serving Opposition tirades and their self-serving specious investigations are accepted as the truth....Self-serving being the operative word here. Yingluck's explanations and defense of this program before Parliament was never given the light of day in the media.

I enjoy watching them shudder in their boots at the very thought of facing Yingluck in an election....The electorate does not robottically following their every mantra....They are not so easily swayed as others.....So they have/are using their NACC brethren to prevent them ever having to face her in an election and their Election Commission brethren to cancel elections. Yingluck would destroy them electorally, and they know it.

I find it amusing how some red-shirts really believe they are the ones who are the most intelligent and then write claptrap like this.

Does it not occur to you at all that YOU might be the one who has got it wrong ?.

There is a reason that the posters on here who write something intelligent are generally anti-Pheu Thai / Thaksin and the ones who write childlike simplistic nonsense are generally pro-Pheu-Thai. An intelligent person would think about that.

In respect to your comment,

There is a reason that the posters on here who write something intelligent are generally anti-Pheu Thai / Thaksin and the ones who write childlike simplistic nonsense are generally pro-Pheu-Thai. An intelligent person would think about that.

I direct your attention to the core group of Yingluck/Thai bashers, or as they are termed, "frothers". They consistently post misogynistic infantile nonsense about the former PM Yingluck, usually relying upon factually incorrect claims and childish hyperbole. When caught, they never retract their false allegations, nor admit to the error. They just change to another thread, posting more nonsense.

Frothers almost always include a reference to Thaksin. If there is a flood, it's Thaksin's fault. If a general is accused of trafficking its Thaksin's fault. If there is out of control corruption and land theft in Phuket, it is Thaksin's fault, despite the fact that Phuket has always been a stronghold of anti TRT/PTP sentiment, because the TRT and PTP were bad for their business. The fact that many of the people now being implicated in local corruption were appointees of the first military administration, or the Abhisit administration is lost on the frothers. Unlike the frothers, I recognize that it is difficult to get rid of civil servants including the police as they are protected under an arcane collection of laws. These same rigid laws govern who becomes a tenured official. Governments change but the rotten core of civil servants remains. The constant bashers of the former government refuse to recognize that characteristic of Thailand.

Obviously, there are legitimate criticisms of the former government and there are many who make valid factual points. One can easily discern who those people are. They are normal well adjusted folks who obviously have some real world experience and are not carrying a grudge against the world because they marryied a bar girl from Pattaya and then losing their meager savings.

BTW, do you know where I obtained the term "frother"? It is the name some of the foreign affairs analysts have given them. As one chap put it, the frothers are not much of a physical threat as many are believed to be barely ambulatory and suffering from chronic illnesses caused by lifestyle. My running joke is that some have tricked out walkers like a chariot from a Ben Hur movie, ready to slice and dice at Tesco.

Wonder how much Prayuth's stash has gone up after his shady sale of 600 million THB worth of land to a company set up 5 days earlier in the British Virgin Isles?

regardless of the questionable nature of the sale, that land had "been in his family"... fact, it belonged to his dad...

How dear old Dad got his hands on 600 million in land is anyone's guess... till you learn that he was also in the military... laugh.png

Wonder how much this has to do with Ms. Yingluck.

Oh by the way, land along BTS/MRT link in progress here in Bangkok have increased in value tremendously since someone owned a piece of farmland 'outside Bangkok'. Nothing to do with the military although one may still wonder about Ms. Yingluck's meeting with property developers in the Four Seasons. Now surely that an on-topic item of interest?

30 million is about 10 million dollars, the figure rumored amount given to her by Hilary Clinton and then the aerosol spraying began right after that.

interesting.

38 million Baht would be about US$ 1.25 million.

30 million is about 10 million dollars, the figure rumored amount given to her by Hilary Clinton and then the aerosol spraying began right after that.

interesting.

38 million Baht would be about US$ 1.25 million.

and your point?

8 million baht may seem right for a big company executive to make in a year, but the extra 30 million baht is what I was referring to.

You're so quick with your response to prove what? Whatever it was I don't think it worked. bah.gif

I find it amusing how some red-shirts really believe they are the ones who are the most intelligent and then write claptrap like this.

Does it not occur to you at all that YOU might be the one who has got it wrong ?.

In respect to your comment,

I direct your attention to the core group of Yingluck/Thai bashers, or as they are termed, "frothers". They consistently post misogynistic infantile nonsense about the former PM Yingluck, usually relying upon factually incorrect claims and childish hyperbole. When caught, they never retract their false allegations, nor admit to the error. They just change to another thread, posting more nonsense.

Frothers almost always include a reference to Thaksin. If there is a flood, it's Thaksin's fault. If a general is accused of trafficking its Thaksin's fault. If there is out of control corruption and land theft in Phuket, it is Thaksin's fault, despite the fact that Phuket has always been a stronghold of anti TRT/PTP sentiment, because the TRT and PTP were bad for their business. The fact that many of the people now being implicated in local corruption were appointees of the first military administration, or the Abhisit administration is lost on the frothers. Unlike the frothers, I recognize that it is difficult to get rid of civil servants including the police as they are protected under an arcane collection of laws. These same rigid laws govern who becomes a tenured official. Governments change but the rotten core of civil servants remains. The constant bashers of the former government refuse to recognize that characteristic of Thailand.

Obviously, there are legitimate criticisms of the former government and there are many who make valid factual points. One can easily discern who those people are. They are normal well adjusted folks who obviously have some real world experience and are not carrying a grudge against the world because they marryied a bar girl from Pattaya and then losing their meager savings.

BTW, do you know where I obtained the term "frother"? It is the name some of the foreign affairs analysts have given them. As one chap put it, the frothers are not much of a physical threat as many are believed to be barely ambulatory and suffering from chronic illnesses caused by lifestyle. My running joke is that some have tricked out walkers like a chariot from a Ben Hur movie, ready to slice and dice at Tesco.

Gkid,

You commented:

"I direct your attention to the core group of Yingluck/Thai bashers, or as they are termed, "frothers". They consistently post misogynistic infantile nonsense about the former PM Yingluck, usually relying upon factually incorrect claims..."

But you don't say anything about the thousands of times the red leaders / udd and pt folks have made untruthful, over the top and twisted statements about Abhsisit.

And you don't mention that on the red stages and in the red 'democracy schools' hate messages about abhisit are the main rhetoric.

Quite some double standards on your part.

OK...so she has more money than she had a while ago.

She has and or did have many vested interests before she became Prime Minister....and this was known and understood while her political influence and political position made her all the more money.....as it usually does for the whole lot of Thai politicians.

But when you think about it she did not make as much money as she could have made if her only self serving agenda was to rob and or manipulate the government coffers...which she did...to an extent..... but not nearly as much as some politicians and former prime ministers have in the past and still do at present while forever sustaining their exalted powerful and influential positions amongst the Thai hierarchy.

Yingluck does not and will not ever have that kind of power and or influence and the ability to make the sums of money her opposition is used to making while they feel completely entitled to do so.

So...the question is: Who exactly is performing the scrutiny and who will scrutinize them????

Cheers

interesting.

If it is USD B30 million is approx. US$1million. Not a significant amount of money.

I'll give you 500 reasons how they are swayed.