Songs of War

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The former BBC theme tune "Lillibullero". Old tune with Scots origins, the most popular lyrics date from the

Williamite Wars of 1689-91 which arose from the Glorious Revolution.

Great tune and very rousing.

edit below

Edited by lostoday

A great song that stirs up a lot of mixed emotions for those who lived through those times. Bobby Sands, the dirty protest- were they murderers or political prisoners? And he stood for Parliament, and won as a prisoner on H block.

There are not many countries where you can stand for election as a prisoner.

I'm English and we have to admit we behaved abominably to the Irish for hundreds of years, especially during the time of the Great Famine.

Ireland's such a beautiful country, war is over.

A great song that stirs up a lot of mixed emotions for those who lived through those times. Bobby Sands, the dirty protest- were they murderers or political prisoners? And he stood for Parliament, and won as a prisoner on H block.

I'm English and we have to admit we behaved abominably to the Irish for hundreds of years, especially during the time of the Great Famine.

Great band, especially David Crosby, what beautiful harmonies.

Great band, especially David Crosby, what beautiful harmonies.

Great post bannork, and everything you have said is so true.

AYJAYDEE. I think it's a great song. We performed it on British television.

it's the most simplistic, childish, smarmy, puerile POS ever recorded! lol. it was always a close cal whether we would laugh or puke evrytime it came on!

AYJAYDEE. I think it's a great song. We performed it on British television.

it's the most simplistic, childish, smarmy, puerile POS ever recorded! lol. it was always a close cal whether we would laugh or puke evrytime it came on!

You obviously haven't listened to Elton John or Michael Jackson.

that song had nothing to do with the war. it concerned police vs kids on sunset strip

hmm, it was an anti-war song in my neck of the woods back in the 60's when I was a kid, but whatever...