1 wounded in shooting at San Francisco gay pride event

Lite Beer

This really seems like strictly local news. Just another shooting. Not terrorism. Not a hate crime. As in San Francisco news and that's it.

The SF Pride week events in general are bigger news because they coincidentally happen right after the momentous supreme court decision dramatically advancing gay American civil rights.

Each year there is both a political and a party aspect to those events depending on what's happening in the world.

The timing of the announcement is certainly no coincidence. As momentous a moment in gay rights as it is, it is most certainly an exercise in sleight of hand.

Somebody was shot and wounded with a gun in US! I am shocked and speechless (nearly) how something like this could possibly happen.

These ignorant anti-gun morons only ever come out of the woodwork when someone gets shot in America.

30 people gunned down on a beach in Tunisia - not one peep out of the anti-gun fascists about Tunisia's gun laws. Certainly, lots of "Let's not get carried away with Islamaphobia" is mentioned. But no one even realized a single person lawfully carrying a gun on the beach at that time could have stopped this shooter early and saved dozens of lives.

The fact is, the anti-gun nutters are clearly racist.

Only when the shooter is white do we hear this guns are evil propoganda BS.

Muslim shooter, silence

Black shooter, silence.

Shooting occuring outside of the US, silence.

The only people opposed to Americans lawfully owning guns, are anti-American racists.

ARE YOU FOR REAL??? I CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT YOU JUST WROTE.

You must be what they call a "REDNECK".

I suspect you've been brainswashed by CNN and US media.

Where were you when 12 French people were shot dead by Muslim gunmen, was anyone calling for stricter French Guns laws then?

Have we heard anyone asking for Tunisia to ban guns? What about Syrian gun laws? Or Mexican gun laws? Gun crimes in those countries are ok, right? But lets punish those law abiding citizens that own guns in America instead.

The only time racist fascists like you ever talk about guns are evil, so let's ban them, is when it happens in America. And even then, if it's black killing blacks you close your eyes or blame it on whites for turning blacks into criminals.

I stand by what I said. One person on that beach in Tunisia with a gun could have saved dozens of lives. The fact that one person was shot in SF, does not mean lawful owners should not have the right to defend their lives.

Call me a redneck if you want, but I ain't no hypocrite.

And youp persist!!!

You have a future in comedy my friend, don't give up!!

Video here. Draw your own conclusion. It was another vibrant day in San Fran, apparently. Wonder what will happen when one of the jihadis gets it into their head to protest a gay pride event and does it in his distinctly idiosyncratic way. http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2015/06/27/caught-on-video-verbal-altercation-ends-shooting-at-un-plaza-1-hurt/#comments

Guess you don't read so well. Had nothing to do with gay pride parade.

Who has the comprehension issue here?

Somebody was shot and wounded with a gun in US! I am shocked and speechless (nearly) how something like this could possibly happen.

Turning into a one world Pattaya I tell ya.......

Whoa. Do you realize that you have just made a fool of yourself? Tunisia allows fire arm ownership. The big difference is that many people do not own guns, because until recently shooting people was not part of the culture. it still isn't, but ISIS is changing that. The other big difference is that one needs a license to possess a firearm. "an applicant for a firearm licence in Tunisia must pass a background check which considers criminal and mental records". This means that unlike the USA where criminals and psychos can go to the nearest gun show or gun collector and purchase anything they want, it's just harder to obtain a gun license in Tunisia. In Tunisia a person can own a long-arm, a revolver or an automatic weapon.

Are you aware that the resorts in Tunisia do have guards? Until yesterday's attack, there had never been an attack like it on a Tunisian resort. There were armed Tunisian police close by. It is why the killings were stopped quickly. You intimate that had Tunisians been armed, this event would never have occurred. Let me remind you, that the 9-11 attackers easily passed through airport security concealing their weapons. When a terrorist wants to kill, the terrorist will kill. Israel is armed to the teeth and yet terrorists were able to kill at will. The attacks only stopped once Israel built its separation barrier which kept killers out.

How would having everyone armed at the San Francisco event have helped? People would have been shot in the crossfire. Most US gun owners have no firearm skills. They do not practice, nor do they maintain their weapons. And yet you think that giving these yahoos weapons will help.

We don't allow people to drive motor vehicles until they can pass a test. These people are obliged to be recertified after a number of infractions or once they reach a certain age. This approach doesn't apply to firearms in the USA. I find it incredible that a convicted felon, or the mentally ill can easily purchase a firearm in the USA and that there are minimal requirements in respect to showing that one knows how to handle a firearm.

If you consider that anti American so be it. I call it responsible gun ownership.

What part of "lawful ownership" do you not understand? I never said guns should be available to convicts or the mentally impaired. I simply stated I'm opposed to people who want to stop law abiding citizens from owning firearms for protection......and only a fool would beleive doing so would prevent those who want to kill from getting their hands on such weapons. The reason I mentioned Tunisia is simply because a single non fatal shooting in SF attracts the anti gun (anti american?) lobbyists, but a mass shooting in Tunisia doesn't.........Seems like a pretty straightforward shot at the hypocrisacy of such people......But that's ok, you can continue think I'm a fool and go to your Hilary Clinton fundraisers.

Edited by Time Traveller

Time Traveller. Are you suggesting that if everyone at this gay event were carring guns this would never have happened? Are you suggesting that if the congregation in the church, where those people were slaughtered, were carrying guns it would not have happened? (You mate Jeb Bush seems to think so) Are you suggesting that if the children at Sandy Nook (?) were carring guns they would not be dead?

Drunk cars do not kill people. Spoons do not make people fat. People with guns shoot people. People without guns do not shoot people. I really believe that.

This should be compulsory viewing to ALL people - anti or pro gun - and with a sense of humour (with a 'U'. I write in English.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl--YVnni0I

No, of course not.

Many childrens lives would have been saved if teachers or school officials were armed.

Jeb Bush is not my mate....I'm libertarian, not a republican.

And in the video I think the audience is laughing more at his accent, than anything he's got to say about guns. But it is a popular method by the Leftists who are unable to counterarguments logically to ridcule those with opposing views.

Edited by Time Traveller

These ignorant anti-gun morons only ever come out of the woodwork when someone gets shot in America.

30 people gunned down on a beach in Tunisia - not one peep out of the anti-gun fascists about Tunisia's gun laws. Certainly, lots of "Let's not get carried away with Islamaphobia" is mentioned. But no one even realized a single person lawfully carrying a gun on the beach at that time could have stopped this shooter early and saved dozens of lives.

The fact is, the anti-gun nutters are clearly racist.

Only when the shooter is white do we hear this guns are evil propoganda BS.

Muslim shooter, silence

Black shooter, silence.

Shooting occuring outside of the US, silence.

The only people opposed to Americans lawfully owning guns, are anti-American racists.

You're a racist for leaving out Asians on your list tongue.png

Edited by copa8