Car Repair recs?

topt

Tried a search but could not find anything. Can anybody give a recommendation for some bodywork repairs for a Swift. Insurance job and will probably need a complete new rear panel under the tailgate but concerned there may be other bits need fixing. Anywhere Pattaya/Jomtien.

Thanks.

If an insurance company is paying then they may want to choose the repair shop. Have you asked them?

If you have paid for the extra cover you can insist that a proper dealer does the repair.

Thanks KK I am aware of that.

Do you have any recommendations or know of any to avoid?

Sorry, I always use the main dealer. Even then there is one that I wont use out of only two here, but that's more because I dont like them rather than any suspicion that they would not do the job as well as the other one.

At the time my broker definitely said to me that if I didnt take the extra dealer-repair cover then the company would decide where all repairs would be done and I would have no say in it, which seems fair enough as long as it's pointed out in advance. Maybe it was just a pitch to up-sell the cover, or maybe your company is different. I only paid about 10-15% more on the premium for the dealer-repair cover so it didn't seem to be a saving worth worrying about.