Enquiry into police who handles actress Anna Reese' fatal police car smash

webfact

'The city police were determined to clarify: why the woman wasn't apprehended after the crash; why she didn't undergo an alcohol test after the crash; and why police reportedly let her go home afterwards, he said.' Er, really? Seriously? Then go and grab the collar of the little Red Bull turd.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should have been held by the police until they did a BAT. Now she can say she wasn't drunk.

If she wasn't drunk she has no mitigating circumstances whatsoever - lock her up! No excuses, no "sideways" movements. Regardless of her intoxication or lack of it she was driving without due care and attention, killed someone, deserves prison at the very least. No more mai pen rai.

Pol Sub-Lieutenant Napadol Wongbunndit and his family deserve proper justice. Glad the Police are investigating their own to find out why she was treated so at the time of the accident. Something smells fishy so far. whistling.gif

I feel for the officer and his family but it does emphasize the public's opinion of policemen when they are found sleeping on the job. How do they know that he was sleeping?Was he parked up with his lights on I wonder? No excuse for the crash, but as usual, many questions remain unanswered. RIP

Point taken but it's been reported earlier that he was driving back upcountry (home) after attending a meeting in Bkk.

If he was concerned about falling asleep at the wheel (and he did mention this in a phone call to his wife) then surely pulling over and taking a nap was the right thing to do. He should of course make sure he's off the road shoulder.

not completely off topic arrived in Thailand just 3 months previous and had just bought a new car ,out driving one day and I wanted to do a right turn down a one way street checked my mirrors and saw a motor cycle coming down my right side so stopped and waited until he passed ,instead he decided to do some major rework on the side of the car .Police came, insurance came, outcome of all this. down at the station it cost me money to finish the problem.

PS

they the ( police ) indicated in no uncertain way give the money or go to court.No witnesses but was clearly obvious how the bike struck the car whose fault it was. bah.gif

30 days ....! How long can it possibly take to ask and get the answer to one pertinent question ???

Exactly,they managed to solve the whole human trafficing issue in 30 days so this should take no more than 30 minutes.

not completely off topic arrived in Thailand just 3 months previous and had just bought a new car ,out driving one day and I wanted to do a right turn down a one way street checked my mirrors and saw a motor cycle coming down my right side so stopped and waited until he passed ,instead he decided to do some major rework on the side of the car .Police came, insurance came, outcome of all this. down at the station it cost me money to finish the problem.

PS

they the ( police ) indicated in no uncertain way give the money or go to court.No witnesses but was clearly obvious how the bike struck the car whose fault it was. bah.gif

Moral of the story....buy a dashcam.

Russia has similar problems with blame so everyone has a dashcam.

Thats why you see all the scary accident compilations on you tube.

30 days to complete the report??.....

I would have thought it fairly simple...

1. Why did you let her go after the fatal accident?

She's an actress....and rich.

2. Why are you an idiot?

I'm a Thai cop.

Case closed.....idiot get's transfered.

Its not really 30 days to complete the report, it's 30 days for everyone to forget that this happened and for the small amount of followup news to dissipate.

3 days I could understand. 30 days is just a joke. Actually it took 3 days to decide to make a report in 30 days. It is a joke really. Should have been finished by now.

What you mean they are going to hold an enquiry just like they did with the grandson of the REDBULL heir who killed that cop, and what happened there , NOTHING, that's the trouble with the police no BALLS, when you are a somebody you have that walk free card, and there are many cards around for many kinds of people. and this will take 30 days, it has been 2 years since that other idiot dragged a cop under his posh car and still not even been charged, so the police do not protect their own, they protect the people who are the more important, and that have the most money,

Lots of questions here. She hit the police car at 3.00am ...suggesting driving home after a late night out.

But why was an on duty policeman asleep in his car?

The police found him dead or dying but did not arrest or check her breath?

And then with a fatality on their hands they let her go home unchallenged?

Did any one consider that the police officer could have been drunk too, and that's why he was fast asleep in his car, just a thought, and she has no excuse what so ever, from what I have read.

If he was on duty he should not be asleep.

No defence for her hitting him at that time of the morning.

As I have already suggested most people ending and evening out with an early hours drive have usually had a good night out.

Sadly blinkered by alcohol etc they choose to drive instead of getting a taxi.

In Britain it is not permitted to park even on a hard shoulder beside a road , unless your car has broken down ; then you are advised to leave the car and stand/sit well clear of it .

It is possible that the police car was parked on the road with no sidelights . It is possible too that the girl had been drinking alcohol or perhaps fell asleep at the wheel .

On page 2 of the original thread, PP99 posted a picture of the police car at the accident site. It is a suburban street (service rd) and I can make out 10 other vehicles parked there in a mix of parallel and angle parking. If she had slammed into any one of those, we most likely would have heard little of it. But she picked the wrong car, even though it was a marked police car, which happened to have someone in it. http://static.thaivisa.com/forum/uploads/monthly_06_2015/post-37-0-51420800-1435305521.png

There has been no suggestion that his parking was illegal or even inadvisable, except on TVF.

BTW I can't think of any actions of a person in a parked car (sleeping, drinking, choking his chicken or playing the ukelele naked) which would make him in any way culpable for his own death when a speeding vehicle slams into him.

Are you sure that wasn't just where they towed the car to after the crash? Certainly can't see any tire skid marks there etc

Thai channel 3 news showed the road where the accident took place. It looks like a 3 lane motorway with a hard shoulder.

When I took the Thai driving test, I am pretty sure the Highway Code, advised pulling OFF the road to get some rest. Not pulling up on the side of the road.

That said, it does not negate from the fact that this is tragic for both parties and probably could have been completley avoidable.

How does anybody know he was asleep?

I was wondering about that as well.

The news video of the moments after the crash with Anna Reese crying etc did show the police officer lying down across both passenger seats which may have led people to that conclusion.

On page 2 of the original thread, PP99 posted a picture of the police car at the accident site. It is a suburban street (service rd) and I can make out 10 other vehicles parked there in a mix of parallel and angle parking. If she had slammed into any one of those, we most likely would have heard little of it. But she picked the wrong car, even though it was a marked police car, which happened to have someone in it. http://static.thaivisa.com/forum/uploads/monthly_06_2015/post-37-0-51420800-1435305521.png

There has been no suggestion that his parking was illegal or even inadvisable, except on TVF.

BTW I can't think of any actions of a person in a parked car (sleeping, drinking, choking his chicken or playing the ukelele naked) which would make him in any way culpable for his own death when a speeding vehicle slams into him.

Are you sure that wasn't just where they towed the car to after the crash? Certainly can't see any tire skid marks there etc

Thai channel 3 news showed the road where the accident took place. It looks like a 3 lane motorway with a hard shoulder.

When I took the Thai driving test, I am pretty sure the Highway Code, advised pulling OFF the road to get some rest. Not pulling up on the side of the road.

That said, it does not negate from the fact that this is tragic for both parties and probably could have been completley avoidable.

How does anybody know he was asleep?

I was wondering about that as well.

The news video of the moments after the crash with Anna Reese crying etc did show the police officer lying down across both passenger seats which may have led people to that conclusion.

By the look of that wreck, it would have to be winched onto the back of a truck. Can't see any reason to unload it there.

If there were skid marks, they would be well before the point where his car came to rest, assuming she applied the brakes. I wouldn't expect any from the police car. There is another picture of the Benz in the original thread in the same street (apparently).

Tragedy all round..she might have been over the limit and he might have been parked up asleep on the road, while he was supposed to be working. What a cluster F.

How many times do we get people on here who skip through the info in a original post and then add inane comments in their posts.The policeman was NOT ON DUTY. He was on his way home and felt sleepy and made the good decision to not drive. Then fate dealt him that terrible blow.R.I.Pcoffee1.gif

Why is it that we Aussies have such a tendency to open our mouth or put thoughts down on print without due diligence?

Anyhow, contrary to any report in progress, the RTP will be doing their due diligence ensuring they and the victims family are remunerated well in my opinion.

Thainess at its best.

Edited by Blackfox

Please investigate ....Ask why she wasn't detained

At the accident site, why BAT wasn't ordered within

An hour. Any additional $ deposited into their bank

Accounts that day?

It's Thai Baht possibly withdrawn and given to the RTP but that will be held safely within the headsman safe and distributed accordingly. I doubt it's going into anyone's bank account any time soon. Edited by Blackfox

Tragedy all round..she might have been over the limit and he might have been parked up asleep on the road, while he was supposed to be working. What a cluster F.

There is no evidence to suggest she was drunk,only TVF members repeating it ad nauseam.The deceased on the other hand had just phoned his wife to say he was lost and tired and was going to take a nap.He was running errands.It's not her fault the police never did their job.

I feel for the officer and his family but it does emphasize the public's opinion of policemen when they are found sleeping on the job. How do they know that he was sleeping?Was he parked up with his lights on I wonder? No excuse for the crash, but as usual, many questions remain unanswered. RIP

Bugger me,how about reading a bit before you put finger to keyboard,he was not on the job.Thais understand that sleeping is the number one hobby so being asleep would be normal for them,especially at 3am.

In Britain it is not permitted to park even on a hard shoulder beside a road , unless your car has broken down ; then you are advised to leave the car and stand/sit well clear of it .

It is possible that the police car was parked on the road with no sidelights . It is possible too that the girl had been drinking alcohol or perhaps fell asleep at the wheel .

Ah facts,boring but true,can't beat em.This does not sit well with many TVF members who will continue to slander and besmirch both people in this tragedy.

Should have been held by the police until they did a BAT. Now she can say she wasn't drunk.

If she wasn't drunk she has no mitigating circumstances whatsoever - lock her up! No excuses, no "sideways" movements. Regardless of her intoxication or lack of it she was driving without due care and attention, killed someone, deserves prison at the very least. No more mai pen rai.

Pol Sub-Lieutenant Napadol Wongbunndit and his family deserve proper justice. Glad the Police are investigating their own to find out why she was treated so at the time of the accident. Something smells fishy so far. whistling.gif

If you actually had some knowledge of the subject you are writing about you would know that she swerved to avoid hitting a motorbike,confirmed by a security guard witness.

How many times do we get people on here who skip through the info in a original post and then add inane comments in their posts.The policeman was NOT ON DUTY. He was on his way home and felt sleepy and made the good decision to not drive. Then fate dealt him that terrible blow.R.I.Pcoffee1.gif

Why is it that we Aussies have such a tendency to open our mouth or put thoughts down on print without due diligence?

Anyhow, contrary to any report in progress, the RTP will be doing their due diligence ensuring they and the victims family are remunerated well in my opinion.

Thainess at its best.

Why is it that you generalize about Ozzies.I certainly may have a big mouth but i do my due dilligence and sometimes go back to the original story to make sure i have my facts right.Reading comprehension is sadly lacking on this forum.

I haven't read it anywhere but watching the video uploaded at the scene of the accident it seems to me that Miss Reese may have soiled herself.

I assume that was her need to go home.

Not sure why a "probe" should take 30 days to complete??

Surely a quick question put to the "crash scene officers" should come back with an immediate answer!!

As for her being "traumatised" at the time she should have been removed immediately from the accident scene and taken to a hospital for a check-up, then given a breath or blood test then given sedation before being allowed home or taken to a police station for arrest (depending on the outcome of the test) !!!

Not her dictate to officers what she wanted to do !!!!

The officers at the scene were obviously not trained in how to deal with emergency situations & how to deal with accidents victims !!

Also disturbing was that as the poor officer was obviously deceased then it became a crime scene, why was she and others allowed to walk around the car & enter the car...

This is true....for nearly all cases......the Thai police do it any which way it suits them at the time and then do what ever they please further down the line and more or less Zig Zag all over the place

Expecting them to be professional and or thorough is not part of their operating agenda anyhow, as seen in their dismal performance all too often.

*** Possibly the police officer in Charge asked her for a small part in her next movie....lol ...if he let her go home first and clean herself up and get some rest and then get back to this annoying accident affair thing.........tomorrow.

Cheers

Just TOO many people here making comments without reading the OP.

Read the OP and you will know:

whether the cop was on duty or not.

Why the cop was in a marked police vehicle

why the cop was stopped and parked on the side of the road

why they believe that the cop was asleep...........

Before putting your fingers to the keyboard ........................try ACTUALLY reading the Original Posts.......................or please simply dont post anything.

Yeeeeesssss.....but in the original post it is not clear at all as to where exactly and how exactly the police car with the police officer inside was parked.

There is no accurate description or photos or a map provided to show and or explain where exactly the police car was parked before the collision occurred....rather just a vague description saying the car was parked on the side of the road in a general area that Anna Reese was passing through ...while some readers are familiar with that area and the lay of the land.

Correct me if I am wrong but it was certainly not a detailed explanation so it leaves the readers somewhat confused as to how she could plow into the back of a parked car....and a police car at that ...with a sleeping police officer in side to add to the mystery.

It should be apparent that the police officer was not parked out of harms way or certainly not far enough out of harms way as Anna Reese collided into his car while apparently swerving to avoid colliding with a motorcycle that was supposedly speeding past her and cutting in front of her ...or forcing her to make a fast maneuver ( so she says ) while that part of the event is also not clear even though a nearby security guard claims he heard the motorcycle in question speeding up to and past the scene of the accident just before the collision.

But the original post did not say specifically that the security guard witnessed the whole event, in open and plain view, during the second by second sequence unfolding in front of his eyes.

Possibly he did and if that is so then he can bear witness and completely exonerate Anna Reese from any wrong doing.

In other words...... state for the record that he witnessed the whole event developing and evolving several seconds before and leading up to the accident and state for the record that he witnessed Anna Reese being forced to swerve to avoid colliding with the speeding motor cycle so in effect was forced to swerve towards the parked police car and she had no room or no choice or no alternative to maneuver otherwise and therefore collided into the back of the parked police car. ...accidentally.

So how far and how hard did she have to swerve to avoid colliding with the Phantom motor bike ?????.......such that she PLOWED into the rear end of a parked police car .......while she did not plow into any other cars or other nearby cars that where also supposedly???? parked in the immediate vicinity of the police car that she did plow into from behind.

Of all the cars that she could have plowed into...while supposedly swerving to avoid the motorcycle...... it happened to be a parked police car with a resting / sleeping police officer inside the police car.....and very unfortunate for both parties.

Let us assume she did nothing wrong that she should or could be held accountable for.

If that is the case then the questions have to be asked concerning the police officer and his choice of where he parked exactly to have his rest and snooze, as it seems the location he choose was not a safe place while his choice, in effect, put himself in harms way.....you could argue....and.... was the place that he did park deemed as an illegal place to park????... or ......well recognized as a hazardous place to park under any circumstances.

Hopefully we will learn the answers to the mystery...if we continue to follow the story...that is, if the story does not quickly fade away...as they usually do.

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

If you actually had some knowledge of the subject you are writing about you would know that she swerved to avoid hitting a motorbike,confirmed by a security guard witness.

Well, no. The witness confirmed that there were 2 vehicles both moving at high speed, and that the bike moved in front of the car. which fits with my theory that the bike was attempting to overtake and the car accelerated to prevent this. But whatever the bike rider did, there is no way that he forced the car to reach the speed at which she hit the parked car. And she did hit it at quite a high speed as proven by the damage.

Simple physics will show that if a bike cuts in front of a car at a higher speed than the car, there will be no collision if the driver does nothing.

Edited by halloween

Years ago in the UK I was hit by a car whilst on my motorbike. Had to be carted off to hospital in an ambulance.

One of the policemen who attended the scene followed the ambulance to hospital and did a breath test for alcohol after about an hour when it was obvious my injuries weren't as serious as first thought.

No reason at all that similar didn't happen in this case.

Yes, there is a good reason, there is law and order on the UK. Not sure what you would call it here, but it is not exactly law and order.

Now, what I am about to say has been taken from various media reports. Anna alleged to police that she swerved to miss a motorcycle that cut across her path. The security guard alleges he saw the Mercedes and a big bike, and that they appeared to be racing. Who is telling the truth?

If these reports are correct and if one looks at the situation with an open mind, then asks two questions, they might come up with the right answer. Does the witness have anything to gain by providing false evidence against Ms Reese? What does Ms Reese have to gain by providing police with her version? Answer these, without bias, and tell us what conclusion you came to.

Edited by Si Thea01

I just wonder how many of you posters thought to read the original thread before posting some on the inane offerings that are now listed here. On that original thread there are 20 pages listing 483 responses at this time. more will come, no doubt. Now not being there, I am only relying on media reports as to what was allegedly said and described by the driver, witness and police, as having occurred.

Media reports indicated that the police officer had travelled to BKK on official business, became lost on the way home, rang his wife and told her he would rest before setting off again. This evidence was allegedly provided by the wife. So many snide remarks and accusations against someone who is unable to defend themselves. Hope those who did feel really proud of themselves.

Next Ms Reece admits to travelling at 100 kph when allegedly, as a result of a motorcyclist crossing her path, she loses controls and crashes into the police car, killing the occupant. Whether he is asleep or not is irrelevant, he was an innocent party. If these were her words, then she has herself admitted that she was not driving with all due care and that her actions gave rise to the crash.

Sufficient evidence to warrant police taking her into custody and conveying her to a hospital for drug and alcohol tests. For whatever reason, and I see many on here that can be taken with a grain of salt, this did not occur. Police subsequently interview a witness (security guard) who tells them that when he saw the Mercedes and big bike, they appeared to be racing. Mystery cyclist, not located (yet and unlikely to be) so it's her word against his. Witness, nothing to gain by falsifying statement, driver, maybe hoping to alleviate the situation by creating her scenario. Only she and the witness know the truth.

According to Ms Reese, that after the crash, she telephoned relatives, not police or emergency services, and after the relatives attend, she is taken from the scene to obtain treatment for an arm injury. No compassion shown by leaving the scene and shows a course of action that she is prepared to undertake. She subsequently returns and then shock, horror, suddenly becomes so traumatised that she will not be interviewed by police and even tells them she will not assist at that time, nor go to the police station with them. And despite what had occurred she was permitted to run around the scene, crying and screaming like a banshee, then allowed to go home.

What the police allowed borders on the criminal (perverting the course of justice) and yes they should be investigated and if anything untoward is found, they should be sacked and charged, criminally.. How were they to know she was not under the influence of drugs or alcohol at that time, they don't, but allowed tests to be taken the next day. No drugs but a seven day wait to determine the presence of alcohol, if any. 30 days for a report, what a loud of rubbish, if they cannot undertake any inquiry with a week, then they should all give the bloody game away.

Ms Reece has subsequently been charged with "Reckless Driving Causing Death" and "Leaving An Accident Scene." This of course has to be proven in the Courts and neither I or anyone else on here can convict her or even state that she is guilty of anything. However, a couple of things are certain, she has herself readily admitted, although not in as many words, that she did not take due care whilst driving a motor vehicle and the onus is on her to drive in a manner that does not place others at risk. Losing control is no excuse in the eyes of the law, unless there are major mitigating circumstances, such as medical conditions or substantial corroborating evidence of others being responsible, of which there appears to be none.

Through her actions she has caused the death of a person, failed to contact police or emergency services but instead telephoned relatives and left the scene when they arrived. In no way does this show that she was traumatised at this time, as she had the sound mind to use her telephone to ring others and then leave in their company Hardly the actions of someone who cared and clearly shows the course of action she is prepared to take for her consideration and no one else's. No, and I do not know the facts, only what has been reported, the same as everyone else, but even if they are half true it shows people what a real work of art she is.