UK Annual Tax Summary.

I've just returned from the UK and, when I was over there, I had an Annual Tax Summary which HMRC said was being sent out for the first time this year.

This lists my 'modest' private pensions and state pension and gives a total for how much and the amount of tax that has been deducted. It's quite useful as I have small pensions from 5 different companies, plus the state one.

I know this question of 'proof of income' has been debated on here before and, in the past, I've supplied the 5 separate bits of evidence, when I've used that route for my extension of visa.

Anyway, does anyone know if this HMRC single piece of paper is now sufficient for the British Embassy?.

Thanks very much. thumbsup.gif

The short answer is YES* but can you be a little more specific, as it sounds like a normal P 60 to me.

(*listing on a single bank statement works).

No, it's not a P60 that's for sure. The whole point was that I was copying 5 separate P60's in the past.

The first paragraph gives the clue....

"Dear Mr ....

For the first time we are sending you an Annual Tax Summary. This is to show how your Income Tax and national Insurance contributions are calculated and how your money is spent by government"

It then goes on to list Taxable Income, Tax Free amount, Income tax paid and income after tax.

It looks to me that for once, the HMRC have done something really useful and I assume this "Annual Tax Summary" is sent to everyone now.

I would add that the Pensions people know I live in Thailand and it is frozen. However, for Income tax I retain my daughters UK address for letters etc.

Thanks for you comment.