Had to pay to shop in Frienship

Oink

Went to Friendship in South Pattaya to do shopping today. Got in but had to wait 5 minutes to park as busy. Did my shopping, came to 280 Baht. Got the ticket stamped. Could not get out of parking spot for ten minutes as the traffic wardens in the car park had put a pickup behind me.

Got to the gate. Wants 20 Baht as I have stamp for only 30 minutes and you have been here 35 minutes. Point to the sign that says you get one hour free with stamped ticket. Go back in the shop to complain as I thought the security guy was trying to rip me off. Told me you only get 30 minutes if you spend less than 300 Baht.

So be warned, if you spend less than 300 Baht and cannot get in and out within 30 minutes they charge you for the privilege of shopping there.

Edited by Oink

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You went back and complained over a 20B charge? your kidding me right? about $AU0.65, $US0.50 am i getting this right?

Words fail me......

It is not the value. I just don't like getting ripped off.

If you are happy about people getting one over on you. Then up to you!

I believe the T&C are also on the back of the ticket.(spend over B300 and 1 hour free or somesuch)

Can you imagine the value of that parking lot?

Without some sort of charge you'd never be able to park

Maybe the fees and T&C should be much more but also clearly displayed

But then customers wouldn't read them either and still complain

TIT.

TIT TVcheesy.gif You don't actually believe the guy went back for 20 baht in a crowded parking lot, parked, got out of his car and walked in all for 20 baht?

You would not happen to be the same lostoday who was complaining on this forum about double pricing for foreigners and baht bus fares would you?

gigglem.gif

You went back and complained over a 20B charge? your kidding me right? about $AU0.65, $US0.50 am i getting this right?

Words fail me......

If only. You had plenty or words here mate.smile.png

I believe the OP was spending Thai money. 20B gets you a loaf of bread here.

Edited by tropo

Simple shop somewhere else if you are not happy.

Wouldn't spending another 20 baht have done the trick? The real annoyance here was that they held him up for 10 minutes by parking a pickup behind him, which put him over his time limit as he couldn't get out. There's more at play here than 20 THB, but the "if you don't like it then f**** crowd always like to contribute to these threads.

Edited by tropo

Should have gone by baht bus!

sorry.gif

Nice one. Don't be sorry clap2.gif

I would if I could but I can't. They don't run from the darkside!

Edited by Oink

Tuesday and Friday are market days across the street. Its a different dynamic those days and much more crowded.

Friendship is your friend (mostly). Decent Thai avocados 100thb. Yes, I know...

What is that new shop next door?

Tuesday and Friday are market days across the street. Its a different dynamic those days and much more crowded.

Friendship is your friend (mostly). Decent Thai avocados 100thb. Yes, I know...

What is that new shop next door?

That new shop is also a Friendship, I think it will be open 24 hour, and they are continuously working on stocking the shelves for the past 4 weeks now.

CP builds a 7/11 from scratch in less time.

Edited by Anthony5

Point is if it says an hour free parking on the back of the ticket for 300 baht spent them thats what you should get or they should amend the tickets and signage to reflect the change in charges.

I got charged the extra 20 baht last week after staying there about 40mins...........cant grumble as its cheap parking.

I might be mildly irritated by the gestapo tactics of getting parked in over 20baht but really I think you have been in Thailand too long or you have nothing much going on in your life if you bother making a fuss over 20baht.

Better to save your outrage for more important things imho.

Simple shop somewhere else if you are not happy.

Wouldn't spending another 20 baht have done the trick? .....

Exactly!

Thanks! I really enjoyed the video. Thais have a great sense of humour.... and she was pleasant to watch too.biggrin.png

They have free parking in Royal Garden Mall for 2 hours if you spend a certain amount. They used to accept a stamped receipt from a shop, but they changed it so you had to go to the far end of the mall and get it stamped at the information booth, so it was so much trouble you wouldn't bother and just pay.

Edited by tropo

Words fail me......

If only. You had plenty or words here mate.smile.png

I believe the OP was spending Thai money. 20B gets you a loaf of bread here.

Please please tell me where you can buy a loaf of bread in Pattaya for 20b ,what a bargain there will be lots of customers at that shop ,is the bread fresh?tongue.png

I think that most of you have missed the point entirely with the reason for the parking charges in the first place

The car park there without this charging system would be continuously full of cars whose owners would be anywhere other than the store itself.

Especially on market days!

Ther system seems to me to be a very sensible one and extremely fair

I applaud the OP for having some principle but maybe the communication between himself and the man who charged him his "overstay" was at fault

The OP made a perfectly reasonable point. The personal attacks do not reflect on him but on those creatures. I am sure reasonable readers will profit from his info and I hope he will continue to make valuable contributions here. Too bad that too often mentally challenged individuals use such good contributions to show off their lacking qualities.

Should have gone by baht bus!

Nice one. Don't be sorry

I would if I could but I can't. They don't run from the darkside!

You come all the way from the dark side by car

to buy not even 300 baht of goods in Friendship ??