Shave pubic hair to prevent jock itch?

nemrut

Not sure of the name...think it was Quadriderm, that sounds about right.

Go & talk with the Pharmacist, tell him/her what you need.

Thanks for that. Just had this recently and used a combination of steroid cream and Canesten for a couple of weeks. After not using it for a week I'm suddenly itching again.

I can see the beginnings of a jock itch club here. We could have lunches together and Friday night discos. No maybe not.

Thanks for that. Just had this recently and used a combination of steroid cream and Canesten for a couple of weeks. After not using it for a week I'm suddenly itching again.

I can see the beginnings of a jock itch club here. We could have lunches together and Friday night discos. No maybe not.

You need to treat your gf/wife too, else you will keep getting it back.

(I'd avoid the steroid cream)

I, as a female, use hair removal cream.

I have used it for about twenty years, and now, I am practically bald down there. I just need a wee trim.

Try it, but read the instructions carefully!!! Dont leave on for more that eight minutes, and when they say eight - they mean eight!! I used an egg timer.

I highly recommend it. I do it primarily for the women, because I expect no less from them. But yeah, it does help one stay cool and hygienic overall. Don't shave with a razor, though! Order a good electric trimmer intended for the areas below the neck. There are plenty with dual voltage on Amazon...get one next time you're back in your country.

I highly recommend it. I do it primarily for the women, because I expect no less from them. But yeah, it does help one stay cool and hygienic overall. Don't shave with a razor, though! Order a good electric trimmer intended for the areas below the neck. There are plenty with dual voltage on Amazon...get one next time you're back in your country.

Which electric trimmer do you use?

I had the same problem for years - if serious it can treated with canestan/antifungal cream to get it under control. The best remedy is prevention and I found that washing thoroughly, without harsh soaps, and dusting the sack region liberally with snake brand original powder EVERY morning works. This approach is 100% effective for me and has been for >13 years. Personally, shaving didn't offer any benefit....none that I'd share with you guys anyway.

A work colleague of mine recently asked me "what Thais' do to cure it" and I recommended it to him. Next day he walked into work and tore into me. He said it must contain chilli powder and his eggs were poached......but it did work!

Snake powder and 100% tea tree oil will control many skin irritations and are always in my kit.

Quadriderm is excellent... I use it on under arm heat rash. It is anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal...

• 3 weeks later...

First you obtain a popular brand blue double blade shaving razor (never tried the triple blades) and take to the shower with you. Get all wet and use a bar of soap to lather down the area. Use the shaving razor to remove hair. You maybe have to use the faucet to force water onto the shaving device to remove hair stuck between the blades. Put a foot onto the toilet to allow access to all areas to be removed of hair. This entire job can take up to 5-6 minutes as you use your hand to feel the area to verify the desired level of cleanliness has been obtained. If a male, this works well on the shaft and there is little fear of damaging the sack.

Benefits: Men often say a woman with shaved area is a signal to a man that she knows men don't like hair in their mouths. Therefore she is often rewarded for having shaved.

For Jock Itch be sure to determine if Athletes Feet is the cause, and liberally use the lotions between toes as well as on the jock areas.

Enjoy!

Which electric trimmer do you use?

I was using Phillips Bodygroom but recently switched to "Mangroomer"...the latter has a dual voltage charger so you can use it in Thailand.

Archived