Shave pubic hair to prevent jock itch?

nemrut

Has anyone tried this and found it beneficial?

Finding the hot/humid weather causing increased perspiration and jock itch. Maybe trimming/shaving pubic hair will improve circulation or just cause temporary relief?

well shaving or cutting all hairs on the body short is helpful in the heat against sweating and smelling in my opinion.

Also I love these Muslim/Myanmar Sarong like thing men wear. Nice air circulation......I really understand why Scottish men, and some Monks like to wear Skirts.....

Unfortunately my wife doesn't let me leave the house with it.

Shaving/trimming will definitely help reduce sweating, decrease fungal infections (such as jock itch) and enhance comfort.

Recommend for both sexes in this climate.

Tip: Use a pair of nail scissors first to trim length (otherwise it is hard to shave). Then lather up, and run a razor over the area. It will not remove all hair if done just once or twice, but rather will thin things out. Depending on how much hair, maybe more than 2 times -- just until you have gotten things to the level that is comfortable for you.

If you already have actual jock itch, which is a form of ringworm, you'll need to treat it with an antifungal cream. This too is easier and more effective to do once the hair is shaven.

I think a normal, not too big scissors will be good to cut it short. And be extreme carefully when shaving....easily you can get some acne like infections, or hair that grows into the wrong direction.

(Speaking as male, Sheryl: I think it is much more difficult for males due to the external design of things, with hairs growing just everywhere......pretty risky to cut into the skin somewhere.....)

I think a normal, not too big scissors will be good to cut it short. And be extreme carefully when shaving....easily you can get some acne like infections, or hair that grows into the wrong direction.

(Speaking as male, Sheryl: I think it is much more difficult for males due to the external design of things, with hairs growing just everywhere......pretty risky to cut into the skin somewhere.....)

try to avoid the use of

4580-dovo-rasiermesser-veilchenholz.jpg

Ahh...the Jock Itch. crying.gif

Many years ago I had this...& it drove me crackers. Went to see the GP who prescribed me some Daktarin - an antifungal.

It also had a Steroid Cream in it, & to a certain extent it cleared up the itch. I took alot of care making sure I was dry 'down there'. This went on for over a year.

Eventually, I used some Fucidin Cream, which is an antibiotic. The itching went in a few days.

well shaving or cutting all hairs on the body short is helpful in the heat against sweating and smelling in my opinion.

Also I love these Muslim/Myanmar Sarong like thing men wear. Nice air circulation......I really understand why Scottish men, and some Monks like to wear Skirts.....

I have been wearing one for several years...inside the house, and in the yard. Even with neighbors coming over.

As a warning, it does drop, occasionally (and unexpectedly).

As for shaving pubes....nope. That makes me itch..then I get the rash from itching. Better to soak a cotton ball in alcohol, and scrub the "no man's land". I let the wife do that for me....as I spread eagle in front of a fan. Never had a problem, since I have been doing that.

Shaving/trimming will definitely help reduce sweating, decrease fungal infections (such as jock itch) and enhance comfort.

Recommend for both sexes in this climate.

Tip: Use a pair of nail scissors first to trim length (otherwise it is hard to shave). Then lather up, and run a razor over the area. It will not remove all hair if done just once or twice, but rather will thin things out. Depending on how much hair, maybe more than 2 times -- just until you have gotten things to the level that is comfortable for you.

If you already have actual jock itch, which is a form of ringworm, you'll need to treat it with an antifungal cream. This too is easier and more effective to do once the hair is shaven.

Sound advice and only concern is hair grows back coarser/thicker(like facial) and becomes uncomfortable. Depending on how fast it grows back before becoming scratchy, dont really want to get in the habit of shaving my crotch every few days.

I have been wearing one for several years...inside the house, and in the yard. Even with neighbors coming over.

As a warning, it does drop, occasionally (and unexpectedly).

As for shaving pubes....nope. That makes me itch..then I get the rash from itching. Better to soak a cotton ball in alcohol, and scrub the "no man's land". I let the wife do that for me....as I spread eagle in front of a fan. Never had a problem, since I have been doing that.

trimming it to 1 cm is a good compromise......

Many years ago I had this...& it drove me crackers. Went to see the GP who prescribed me some Daktarin - an antifungal.

It also had a Steroid Cream in it, & to a certain extent it cleared up the itch. I took alot of care making sure I was dry 'down there'. This went on for over a year.

Eventually, I used some Fucidin Cream, which is an antibiotic. The itching went in a few days.

That is a valid information....please Sheryl add to it:

I had a "fungal" infection and it didn't want to went away with the fungal cream....I gave that pesty mushroom a hard time, tried to keep the area sour with some cleaning fluid for women and with twice a day strong UV light. at some time it did went away.

Got it a second time and used some Thai antifungal cream which also had additional antibiotics for bacteria. It went away fast.

With your posting I wonder now if some of the "fungal" infections aren't fungal but instead bacteria? Wrong diagnosis?

try to avoid the use of

And don't let the wife do it with this as well.....later she can claim it was just an accident facepalm.gif

I was told by an Aussie friend who's a nurse and been to Thailand and India several times, to keep a supply of Snake Brand Prickly Heat powder...the original, not the scented one that stings something wicked. It was sound advice...got heat rash a few times, and three to four days, applyng 3x/day, has always done the trick. Available just about everwhere in Thailand.

I use the same electric clippers on my head and crotch. Go buy the best pair of electric clippers you can find. I spent 2000 baht on an American brand. Get the adjustable head kind, a little lever on the side of the blade.

Use the longest setting, pull the skin tight and carefully mow away. Be careful, a little skin fold can cause a bleeder.

Top, back and front every ten days.

Johnson's Baby Powder, crotch and armpits after every shower, followed by a spray deodorant spritz. No issues.

I use my beard trimmer - like Pinot (above). It works perfectly. But if you're too lazy, or suffer from the DTs, there is a place on Khao Talo that will shave the pubes for you.

Ewww

You don't want to use a razor because then it itches after a few days

Bloody uncomfortable as it grows back.

For the truly dedicated, there is also waxing. When the hair grows back after waxing, it grows back as new growth. When you shave, you cut off coarse hair that pushes back up through the pores with blunt edges (from cutting with the razor) at that thickness. That can cause itching. New growth hair starts out thin with tapered ends. No itching. Or, so I've been told.

However, the [1] application of hot wax on some of the delicate areas and [2] the brute force ripping out the coarse hair by the roots may make post-shaving itching the lesser of two evils.

I've never waxed my pubes, but have waxed my underarms for a similar reason. I used to have persistent skin rash under my arms and had to apply creams/ointments. That was made easier by shaving, but the shaving also irritated the sores from the rash. One time when the rash was finally cleared up, I decided to have my pits waxed. Easier to apply not only ointments/creams, but also deodorant. Not a single recurrence of the rash since I've had the smooth pits. Seems like it might work similarly for the OP and jock itch. Warning, though: The first time, when the hair is the thickest and densest, waxing hurts like a youknowwhat. Subsequent waxing sessions are less painful as the growth is less dense and finer (if you don't wait too long between sessions.)

I certainly would not shave as its murder when the hair starts growing back and is very uncomfortable for quite a few days-week, also chance of infection when shaving, best to use anti fungal cream such as Canesten. This will clear it up quickly.

I had a "fungal" infection and it didn't want to went away with the fungal cream....I gave that pesty mushroom a hard time, tried to keep the area sour with some cleaning fluid for women and with twice a day strong UV light. at some time it did went away.

Got it a second time and used some Thai antifungal cream which also had additional antibiotics for bacteria. It went away fast.

With your posting I wonder now if some of the "fungal" infections aren't fungal but instead bacteria? Wrong diagnosis?

Itchy rashes in the crotch area can be either bacterial or fungal. True "jock itch" is tinea (ringworm), a fungus, but some people use the term to mean any itchy rash in which case could be of either fungal or bacterial origin.

Ok then, I'll tell you a true story about my 'Jock Itch'.

One hot summer in Blighty, the itching was way out of control & I was working in central london at a large teaching hospital.

Just before getting there I called into a Pharmacy & got some spray for the 'two veg' area. The pharmacist assured me the spray was ok to use on intimate places.

Went into work, headed for the nearest toilet & sprayed round the tackle. It was then I found out that, no the spray can't be used on intimate places.crying.gif

It felt like my balls were being dipped in boiling water. w00t.gif ( a service which I usually pay for) gigglem.gif

I came flying out of the cubicle, trousers round my ankles & started washing the pain away.

In the mirror above the basin, I then noticed my Consultant. Standing there looking at me, as if I was a nutter.

Nearly died of embarrasment.sick.gif

there shaving, this is already a solution, but shaving a erruption pimples or redness, this is not simple, then an antipruritic and antiallergic. And talc 100% effective, gender protex.

To avoid further itching after each shower, talcum powder all parts where there may be a culture broth.

Do all year when you live a hot and humid country.thumbsup.gif

Do you know the name of the combined antifungal and antibacterial cream.

Do you know the name of the combined antifungal and antibacterial cream.

Yes/No I think I know it and have it here. I'll try to located it for you and post the name.

Only problem (beside finding it) is I am not sure if it is really the same cream I used....I think but it might be a misleading information

try to avoid the use of

And don't let the wife do it with this as well.....later she can claim it was just an accident facepalm.gif

Your odds are better if there are no ducks in the area.

Archived