Changes, Changes, Help Me...!?!?!

sorry first post! Posted this on a thread but think maybe better to start one seperate...any help is appreciated!

All this 'new' stuff is confusing but can someone offer me a suggestion:

I need to get an entry visa for my girlfriend to enter Thailand, first/second week of Thailand. I am looking for a VISA for as long as she can stay.

FACTS:

-I am USA citizen, have job in Bangkok, work permit, expat contract, company pays my Thai taxes, single contract.

-Girlfriend just become USA citizen, will be joining me in Bangkok in about 2/3 weeks. Will be going to Thai consulate in USA (Chicago) to obtain VISA. She has not been to Thailand before.

What VISA should she apply for, and how long can she stay. Would it help if my employer signs a letter that I will be supporting her, and I take full financial (etc.) responsibility for her?

Any help would be appreciated, as with all these new laws/rules, I would like to get the right one where she could permanent with me. Please note that I do not want to get married and if I would, my company would cover the visa. I work for a very well known (respected) company in Bangkok, and she currently works for a very well known Asian company in USA but would not work unless she finds a job (ie gets work permit) in Thailand. I have a good job and make enough money that supporting her would not be a problem.

Please help with suggestions, as I really just get more and more confused with all the discussions and changes. I just don't want her to get stuck and have to leave the country on short notice because we didn't know about something. For me it is easy, I just give my passport to govt relations office every 90 days and it is taken care of.

thank you in advance for your recomendations.

-Girlfriend just become USA citizen, will be joining me in Bangkok in about 2/3 weeks.
What nationality did she have previously?

---------------

Maestro

Japan.... still has it but has been informed by USA that it is the responsibility of the Japanese to take it/invalidate it. My understanding is that Japan only allows one passport so she will use the new one...

Visa changes make no difference for you.

Where your problem lies is that you are not related legally or otherwise to your girlfriend so as far as immigration rules you are two independent cases.

If her work operates in Thailand maybe they can get her papers as yours did for you. Or if she is not working then back to back tourist visas or as many do a multi entry non Imm B :o

Otherwise you are having a long distance relationship in which as her work permits she comes to visit you in Bangkok and so forth.

Not easy.......best of luck to you.

When or if you get married a different story I guess.....this would be the same if you went to Japan for her work. .

can you clarify what a two entry visa is? Is that a VISA where she would be able to enter for three months and then leave and re-enter for another three months?

Also, what are the chances of getting a non immigrant 'B'? Would it help if my place of work would prepare a letter taking responsibility for her? Any other help would be appreciated.

Me also it does not matter, as I can get a job in any country. My field allows me to go almost anywhere and I am in somewhat high demand (Chef).

thanks