Prostitution: Thailand's worst kept secret

webfact

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure those who partake will do so despite what anyone says on this forum no fear of that. If consenting adults receive benefit of the trade-off it's not my place to judge so I have no objection. However I will object to those who participate in underage sex or turn a blind eye to using girls who are coerced or trafficked into the industry because they think they have the right to take what's on offer since they hold the advantage in their wallets and their brains are in their dicks. Sorry but I will never shut up about that, and I don't see it as a whinge.

Edited by Linzz

Sure those who partake will do so despite what anyone says on this forum no fear of that. If consenting adults receive benefit of the trade-off it's not my place to judge so I have no objection. However I will object to those who participate in underage sex or turn a blind eye to using girls who are coerced or trafficked into the industry because they think they have the right to take what's on offer since they hold the advantage in their wallets and their brains are in their dicks. Sorry but I will never shut up about that, and I don't see it as a whinge.

You need to define an age for 'underage sex' else some of us get confused.

There is no confusion. For the purposes of prostitution "underage" is under 18.

The lawyer suggests it may be otherwise:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/789532-legal-age-of-consent/#entry8901353

...of course...always some explanation...someone else's fault.....

Yep, my wife is adamant that Farang cause prostitution in her country - the old "if they didn't come to my country it wouldn't happen" line.

Trying to convince her otherwise is like speaking to a brick wall. And pointing out that it doesn't happen in Malaysia can be life threatening. tongue.png

It doesn't happen in Malaysia?

Hilarious.

Of course it does. But prostitution on Malaysia compared to prostitution in Thailand is like comparing my local over 35s football team with Real Madrid - totally different league.

But you knew that.

...of course...always some explanation...someone else's fault.....

Yep, my wife is adamant that Farang cause prostitution in her country - the old "if they didn't come to my country it wouldn't happen" line.

Trying to convince her otherwise is like speaking to a brick wall. And pointing out that it doesn't happen in Malaysia can be life threatening. tongue.png

Just curious what is the age gap between you and your wife?

Almost the same age - she is actually a year older than I am. Both uni educated, both in our early 50s. Married 23 years. Social security number ... oh, hang on. biggrin.png

Edited by moojar

I'm new to Thailand, I didn't realize there was prostitution in this country ... it's illegal isn't it ? blink.png

"money given is simply compensation for their time and companionship". Tips are appreciated. You get a personal tour guide, help and information on the local sites, things to do, somebody to practice your Thai with and they to practice their English or other language with, a fun drinking companion, etc. I like the setup.

I must admit the ONLY time i ever took a hooker was in Brazil in 99 got up to a place on v north of Brazil been on the road for weeks and in st luis met solange stayed a few days and what gk said worked well memorable time. I wrote a poem bout it and found peoples shock and horror when i used to perform it most amusing.

rijit

Edited by rijit

The lawyer suggests it may be otherwise:

Did you actually read what the lawyer wrote? The minimum age for 'paid for' sex is 18. The lawyer is referring to the general age of consent. Anyone paying for sex with someone under 18 is likely to get into serious trouble if discovered.

Did you actually read what the lawyer wrote? The minimum age for 'paid for' sex is 18. The lawyer is referring to the general age of consent. Anyone paying for sex with someone under 18 is likely to get into serious trouble if discovered.

No dowry then?

Did YOU read what he wrote!

Yes, I read what the lawyer wrote and he didn't write anything about discovery, he wrote instead about subsequent "regret".

Then maybe you just have a comprehension problem. The lawyers comment in the link you provided is about the general age of consent. My point is about the topic of this thread - prostitution - for which the legal age is 18.

I hope it's clear now.

Yes, I read what the lawyer wrote and he didn't write anything about discovery, he wrote instead about subsequent "regret".

Then maybe you just have a comprehension problem. The lawyers comment in the link you provided is about the general age of consent. My point is about the topic of this thread - prostitution - for which the legal age is 18.

I hope it's clear now.

Attempt to brow beat as you may and comprehend what you like, the SS/TV lawyers words are explicit and clear, your interpretation of them is irrelevant:

"15 with a caveat. If under 18 and the act is regretted later, then the child or his/her parents can have the offender charged".

And for those short on recall or affected by lack of vision, one more time:

I hope it's clear now.

Attempt to brow beat as you may and comprehend what you like, the SS/TV lawyers words are explicit and clear, your interpretation of them is irrelevant:

"15 with a caveat. If under 18 and the act is regretted later, then the child or his/her parents can have the offender charged".

Not to mention age of consent 13, if you are married to her.

I hope it's clear now.

Not to mention age of consent 13, if you are married to her.

But this thread and my comment is about prostitution.

I hope it's clear now.

If you think you can pay for sex with someone under 18 and it will be legal, you might want to find another lawyer.

Ugh , sexually compatible ,cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

IMHO, being financially compatible, would be a better option ,

A happy life together,, and forever , in LOS.

One darling .coffee1.gif

Both (sexually and financially compatible) would be perfect, wouldn't it?

LOL,( "sexually compatible"), when usually papa farang is 20 or 30 years older than his ex bar girl partner/wife. Would you be sexually compatible (or anything compatible) with a woman 30 years older than you ? Wise up.

If you think you can pay for sex with someone under 18 and it will be legal, you might want to find another lawyer.

I think no such thing, nor would I ever hope to do so, my response was to your post regarding the legal age for sex, payment for sex is not a part of that argument.

FWIW the lawyer quoted is a TV sponsor and not my lawyer.

One darling .coffee1.gif

LOL,( "sexually compatible"), when usually papa farang is 20 or 30 years older than his ex bar girl partner/wife. Would you be sexually compatible (or anything compatible) with a woman 30 years older than you ? Wise up.

If the woman took care of herself and was a looker, 20 years age gap is still very compatible. Three of the most erotic experiences I have ever had were with female's in their mid to late 40's and I was around 30 at the time. I'll bet any of them could still show me a good time. This was in Thailand and they were not on the payroll.

Granted, that compatibility doesn't reverse well for men, but still.......sexual compatibility is not a mathematical equation.

343 hits so far including this one. All I can add is bar girls and lady boys. I can't even think about it all , disgusting leaves a nasty taste in my mouth !!

You should get them to have a shower first, then. huh.png

Its the shower that leaves the nasty taste ! Good lawd, did I really say that ?

I think no such thing, nor would I ever hope to do so, my response was to your post regarding the legal age for sex, payment for sex is not a part of that argument.

FWIW the lawyer quoted is a TV sponsor and not my lawyer.

But my post was about prostitution which is the subject of this thread.

If prostitution is "acceptable", then why do Thais have several words for 'whore', that are considered "so insulting" that if you use one of these words to a woman, they will never talk to you again?

Khai tua, ee-dtua, ga-ree, paet-sa-yah, hua-kuay and dok.

Edited by SiSePuede419

One darling .coffee1.gif

If the woman took care of herself and was a looker, 20 years age gap is still very compatible. Three of the most erotic experiences I have ever had were with female's in their mid to late 40's and I was around 30 at the time. I'll bet any of them could still show me a good time. This was in Thailand and they were not on the payroll.

Granted, that compatibility doesn't reverse well for men, but still.......sexual compatibility is not a mathematical equation.

UGH , sex with a Thai female over 40, are you serious ??, your another pervy ,,, OMB.

We not want your type here . go home .

Selective Alien , is welcome in Thailand . kap .LOL

Edited by elliss

UGH , sex with a Thai female over 40, are you serious your a pervy , OMG .

We not want your type here . go home . LOL. kap

If I could post a picture it would sway your opinion, I don\t go for any weird sh1t

One darling .coffee1.gif

UGH , sex with a Thai female over 40, are you serious ??, your another pervy ,,, OMB.

We not want your type here . go home .

Selective Alien , is welcome in Thailand . kap .LOL

get a frigging life, so he's been going out with an older women, jeez u thais really are narrowminded prigs. My gfs 40 plus and is cute and cool as are some of her uni mates.

rijit

My gfs 40 plus and is cute and cool as are some of her uni mates.

rijit

Could you introduce me to some of her mates? thumbsup.gif

Just kidding.........but thanks for the dig out......for a moment there I thought I should maybe go and score a 21 year old with braces, hello kitty getup and small hips just to prove I wasn't a weirdo......tongue.png

SiSePuede419 posted

If prostitution is "acceptable", then why do Thais have several words for 'whore', that are considered " so insulting" that if you use one of these words to a woman, they will never talk to you again?

For the same reason women are "acceptable"....the English language also has many words for women that are so insulting that you if you use one of the them they will likely never talk with you again....such as c#nt. It's society's way to denigrate both women and "whores."