Trafficking charges levied after underage girls found in Soi LK Metro go-go bar

Rimmer

In Angeles city, the Philippines, if they catch under age girls in a bar, the bar is padlocked for good,

the proprietors and the mama san are thrown to jail years of jail time.. and they're as crook as

they come, but still, when it come to under age girls, there's no nonsense there, yet, in Thailand

they don't value their young ones as worth saving and with light punishments, the offending bars

can and will continue to do the same.... Money talks, young lives walks....

Who told you this?? I have been to the Philippines many times both in Manila and Angles city and seen plenty of young girls working in bars.

I have seen some bars get closed down but if not the next day within 2 days the place is open again. So someone is feeding you a bunch of crap.

In Angeles city, the Philippines, if they catch under age girls in a bar, the bar is padlocked for good,

the proprietors and the mama san are thrown to jail years of jail time.. and they're as crook as

they come, but still, when it come to under age girls, there's no nonsense there, yet, in Thailand

they don't value their young ones as worth saving and with light punishments, the offending bars

can and will continue to do the same.... Money talks, young lives walks....

Who told you this?? I have been to the Philippines many times both in Manila and Angles city and seen plenty of young girls working in bars.

I have seen some bars get closed down but if not the next day within 2 days the place is open again. So someone is feeding you a bunch of crap.

I always wondered why PP attracted some of the nastier types,seems to be rife with kids working bars

Underage girls were found recently in a Soi Cowboy gogo, police closed every bar in the street at midnight for a week as a warning, good to see them clamping down

We all have to be vigilant, to stop these tourists, and some expats, from craving for young girls.

It's wrong to call males attracted to 15 and 16 year old girls paedophiles. They're not, paedophiles are attracted to pre-pubescent children. The law in Thailand states women working in these establishments must be 18 or older. In some states in America young girls can marry at 14.

Fairs fair ... if they are leveling trafficking charges against the managers of the club, they should also level trafficking charges against the PARENTS of those underage girls, who I'm sure are the ones that didn't object to them doing what they do because it's very good money.

I had a gf from a village near Sa Keo, and I witnessed another girl from the village forced into prostitution by her parents. Her family told her "Go to Pattaya, work at bar, send money home or leave the family!" I was there the first night she reported to the now defunct "TG Bar" on Soi 6 and will never forget the look of terror on her face. While she wasn't underage, she was still obviously SO not wanting to do this. Shameful culture.

Sounds made up to me. I am calling Troll.

Fairs fair ... if they are leveling trafficking charges against the managers of the club, they should also level trafficking charges against the PARENTS of those underage girls, who I'm sure are the ones that didn't object to them doing what they do because it's very good money.

Why, my mother never knew what I was up to at 15.........?

Fine, but in this instance, these "mothers" DO know where the girls are, they are there to make money to send home to the family.

It's wrong to call males attracted to 15 and 16 year old girls paedophiles. They're not, paedophiles are attracted to pre-pubescent children. The law in Thailand states women working in these establishments must be 18 or older. In some states in America young girls can marry at 14.

If an adult has sex with a minor, which is below the legal age, and especialy if they are old, they are nonces as far as i am concerned.So you are saying if an american marries a 14 yo its ok to come here and shag a 15yo????? now thats real pedo that is

Edited by Bernard Flint

the usual scenario is older sister/older friend goes to work the bars,

returns home after a year wearing nice clothes, a bit of gold with gifts and stories of how much fun she has, eating good food, staying in fancy hotels and making money

little sis says < "can i go back with you" she than "helps" younger sister fit in .

what quandow said, i don't buy one word of it

although most parents "might know" what their daughter is doing , no daughter would come out and admit she works in a bar.

Have to disagree with you somewhat on that last sentence. I know a girl working in Soi Cowboy. She is 30 now, but has been working for years. Not only does her family know she is working, but encourage her to work harder so she can send more money home. I like this girl a lot, but absolutely dispise the family.

I do not understand how parents can allow their daughter to work in the sex industry and even encourage it, just so they have spending money. Shameful.

I concur with your post WhizBang and have first hand knowledge of such a thing happening.

My very good friend who owned a bar and I spent many nights through the years in his bar (mainly because I helped him in many ways) and I also got to know many of the girls, in fact I would say that I know over 100 working girls because of this association and the fact I have many friends who own other bars.

Anyway to get back on track, his Thai wife would often get phone calls from other families in their village up north asking if their daughters could come and work at the bar, knowing full well how the money was earned. When he railed against this because some of the girls being offered to work were 15 to 17 years of age, the parents still pleaded for the girls to be able to come.

It is true that many of the girls do not want their families to know what they do, however it is also true that many of the families know exactly what is going on and turn a blind eye to it as long as the money keeps flowing in.

And for the record, I have often spoken to these working girls and they are quite open with the amount of customers they get when they range from a freelancer taking home over 100,000 baht per month, to one who at her peak has slept with 8 guys per night, often working from 8 p.m. until 8 a.m. the next morning, to one who has not had a customer in three months.

My second question as i am very intruiged.

What would u call a 60yo guy attracted to a 15yo for sex, NORMAL?????, Beggars belief

What would u call a 60yo guy attracted to a 15yo for sex, NORMAL?????, Beggars belief

No of course I wouldn't call it normal. I'd call him 'A Dirty Old Man' who should know better. I have a 14 year old daughter and certainly wouldn't counternance her associating with any male at her age, whatever the man's age was. I was merely pointing out that in some redneck states like Alabama she could be married off. Look what happened to Jerry Lee Lewis.

If an adult has sex with a minor, which is below the legal age, and especialy if they are old, they are nonces as far as i am concerned.So you are saying if an american marries a 14 yo its ok to come here and shag a 15yo????? now thats real pedo that is

Would you call a German aged 21 who has sex with a 14 year old a Paedo??

Fine, but in this instance, these "mothers" DO know where the girls are, they are there to make money to send home to the family.

Sorry, I need to call you on that statement. It is a blanket statement and therefore not true in all cases. Not saying it doesn't happen, never had dealings with it or know parents like it, but I can imagine.

I have known of young girls attracted to the scene by peer pressure urged by jealousy of older girls already there.

I have known 13 year old mama sans, controlling the girls in their (yes, plural) classes and anyone else who wants money for sex. These girls went to school with my daughter (only found out a lot later) and were protected by the address books on their SIM cards.

I have known of underage girls part time on the game, usually when a new I-phone comes out or they want to go out to party to show off.

And I have known of girls that have indeed been trafficked (Thailand to Malaysia)

Just so many variables to the situation. Supply & demand means it will never end, it will always remain a datum to the oldest profession in the world.

Oh, and just for clarity if you are wondering what I did about it, who I told in authority? Nobody as it wasn't worth the risk to my family or myself.

Underage girls were found recently in a Soi Cowboy gogo, police closed every bar in the street at midnight for a week as a warning, good to see them clamping down

Underage girls can be found in many bars and gogos. Most will have fake ID and nobody is any the wiser. Without going into detail, when the most well known bar for "young girls" in Soi Cowboy also is well known for its (Thai) owners, a genuine crackdown is unlikely to happen. Even when bars are raided, like the bar in this thread, or Suzie Wong's in soi Cowboy a few weeks ago, the bars are able to re-open fairly quickly and it's rarely reported if the "trafficking" charges against the manager/mamasan are ever followed through. The underage girls are sent home and then mostly likely return to work!

the usual scenario is older sister/older friend goes to work the bars,

returns home after a year wearing nice clothes, a bit of gold with gifts and stories of how much fun she has, eating good food, staying in fancy hotels and making money

little sis says < "can i go back with you" she than "helps" younger sister fit in .

what quandow said, i don't buy one word of it

although most parents "might know" what their daughter is doing , no daughter would come out and admit she works in a bar.

Have to disagree with you somewhat on that last sentence. I know a girl working in Soi Cowboy. She is 30 now, but has been working for years. Not only does her family know she is working, but encourage her to work harder so she can send more money home. I like this girl a lot, but absolutely dispise the family.

I do not understand how parents can allow their daughter to work in the sex industry and even encourage it, just so they have spending money. Shameful.

I concur with your post WhizBang and have first hand knowledge of such a thing happening.

My very good friend who owned a bar and I spent many nights through the years in his bar (mainly because I helped him in many ways) and I also got to know many of the girls, in fact I would say that I know over 100 working girls because of this association and the fact I have many friends who own other bars.

Anyway to get back on track, his Thai wife would often get phone calls from other families in their village up north asking if their daughters could come and work at the bar, knowing full well how the money was earned. When he railed against this because some of the girls being offered to work were 15 to 17 years of age, the parents still pleaded for the girls to be able to come.

It is true that many of the girls do not want their families to know what they do, however it is also true that many of the families know exactly what is going on and turn a blind eye to it as long as the money keeps flowing in.

And for the record, I have often spoken to these working girls and they are quite open with the amount of customers they get when they range from a freelancer taking home over 100,000 baht per month, to one who at her peak has slept with 8 guys per night, often working from 8 p.m. until 8 a.m. the next morning, to one who has not had a customer in three months.

I agree with you. You cant just make a blanket statement about girls working in bars, as it's all over the map. I too had two friends the owned go go bars and ended up when I first moved to Thailand being at the bars all the time hanging out with friends. I got to know allot of the girls working there became friends with a few that lived in the same building as me. You have the girls that is there to make as much money as she can with a set time frame. Then you had the party girl that just enjoys the life style of getting drunk each night having a good time with no idea or plans for the future. You have the girl that came to find a husband and either gets lucky and finds him or is lied to and used by cheap charlies trying to get free sex which then the girl looses all hope and just now looking to make money. You have the girls that were forced in to it. There is no one size fits all on this.

I just hope the police keep raiding and storming the bars, and shutting them down, even briefly

when they find underage girls working in them. I believe that a very slow change may happen in Asia

and that in the next 50 to 100 years the situation will change. I don't think it will happen any faster,

but then I am getting old and hazy in my thinking.

A few years ago I was in a Go-Go bar on Suttisan Road Bangkok. There are a series of these bars there catering exclusively to Thais although I as a farang was made very welcome. It was a quiet night and I got chatting to half a dozen of the working girls. I noticed that one (extremely attractive) girl appeared to be quite young. I asked her how old she was and she quite openly said that she was 16 years of age.

I said 'Don't you worry that you're supposed to be 18 to work here and the police might give you trouble? she replied "No the bar is owned by a policeman'

Edited by Toknarok

A few years ago I was in a Go-Go bar on Suttisan Road Bangkok. There are a series of these bars there catering exclusively to Thais although I as a farang was made very welcome. It was a quiet night and I got chatting to half a dozen of the working girls. I noticed that one (extremely attractive) girl appeared to be quite young. I asked her how old she was and she quite openly said that she was 16 years of age.

I said 'Don't you worry that you're supposed to be 18 to work here and the police might give you trouble? she replied "No the bar is owned by a policeman'

Not uncommon!

No of course I wouldn't call it normal. I'd call him 'A Dirty Old Man' who should know better. I have a 14 year old daughter and certainly wouldn't counternance her associating with any male at her age, whatever the man's age was. I was merely pointing out that in some redneck states like Alabama she could be married off. Look what happened to Jerry Lee Lewis.

not relevant, we are talking about guys breaking the law here in Thailand,but would still call the rednecks pedos, if they marry a 14 yo, and jerry lee was a dirty pervert too, maybe Elvis too, attracted to a minor

Would you call a German aged 21 who has sex with a 14 year old a Paedo??

borderline, i would call the german a very immature child, who wants sex with a minor, but still ilegal, a budding nonce i would say

Dont get me wrong ,i am not saying this is right ,but when i first came here all those years ago ,most of the girls were 15 to 18 the old ones were in their 20s in fact it was well known that the bars up on sukumvit ,(it was a foreign land then) the girls were even younger , then no one seemed to care . I even remember going back to a womans room ,she was about 28/29 and seeing her 15 year old daughter going off to work in a bar ,amazing Thailand

Dont get me wrong ,i am not saying this is right ,but when i first came here all those years ago ,most of the girls were 15 to 18 the old ones were in their 20s in fact it was well known that the bars up on sukumvit ,(it was a foreign land then) the girls were even younger , then no one seemed to care . I even remember going back to a womans room ,she was about 28/29 and seeing her 15 year old daughter going off to work in a bar ,amazing Thailand

The good old days, NOT

I believe you're correct and will add if any American other than an active member of the military has any sexual contact with a person younger than 18, it doesn't matter what the state law is regarding age of consent. Federal statutes take precedent.

You read that the mamasan and the bar manager got arrested, why not the owners ? The owners are the ones to blame, the mamasan and manager are just following the owners wishes.

It's all for show anyhow so I guess it don't really matter one way or another.

Sorry, I need to call you on that statement. It is a blanket statement and therefore not true in all cases. Not saying it doesn't happen, never had dealings with it or know parents like it, but I can imagine.

I have known of young girls attracted to the scene by peer pressure urged by jealousy of older girls already there.

I have known 13 year old mama sans, controlling the girls in their (yes, plural) classes and anyone else who wants money for sex. These girls went to school with my daughter (only found out a lot later) and were protected by the address books on their SIM cards.

I have known of underage girls part time on the game, usually when a new I-phone comes out or they want to go out to party to show off.

And I have known of girls that have indeed been trafficked (Thailand to Malaysia)

Just so many variables to the situation. Supply & demand means it will never end, it will always remain a datum to the oldest profession in the world.

Oh, and just for clarity if you are wondering what I did about it, who I told in authority? Nobody as it wasn't worth the risk to my family or myself.

Yes. it's a blanket statement, but accurate in 95%+ of the cases I would say.

If you truly believe that the familes/parents of any of those children/girls/women DON'T know what that girl is doing, then I would say that you are deluded and they are deluding themselves also, but mostly simply refusing to acknowledge publicly what they already know for the truth inside.

It's much easier to publicly say that my oh so precious little girl is working as a receptionist in a Hotel than to speak the truth and say that she's a hooker, all the while knowing exactly where and how that money is coming to them when she sends it.

But that's what I think, you're entitled to think whatever you want. I'm not into pretending things are other than they actually are tho.