where do i get minibus from airport to pattaya or hau hin.

i asked at kiosk on ground floor and was told there are no more mini buses go these routes only big bus and taxi. i refuse to get taxi,s now 1500 ( usually 2000) is cheapest i can get, i would rather pay big bus 140 thb to pattaya it is just as fast.

so where can i get cheaper alternitives from airport to hau hin / pattaya in future.

The large coaches are the best bang for the buck. I'm pretty sure they depart hourly, the drivers in the coaches I've taken were reasonably good drivers for Thailand, and you cannot possibly find a less expensive mode of transportation.

About 6 months ago I took a minivan from Pattaya to Hua Hin. I pre-booked it and on the day he demanded an extra 200 Bt. for a small suitcase (50% of the fare). My knees were squashed up to my chest it was so cramped, swore I'd never do it again. Now if I want to go to Hua Hin and am not driving myself, I take the Airport coach from Jomtien to Swampy and another from there on to Hua Hin. I do wonder why that coach doesn't drop people off, at lets say, the clock tower near the city center as it passes it anyway. Instead it takes you all the way out to the bus station leaving one to have to get a taxi back in, about 5 Klms.. Doesn't bother me really (I enjoy walking) but could be a drag for others.

About 6 months ago I took a minivan from Pattaya to Hua Hin. I pre-booked it and on the day he demanded an extra 200 Bt. for a small suitcase (50% of the fare). My knees were squashed up to my chest it was so cramped, swore I'd never do it again. Now if I want to go to Hua Hin and am not driving myself, I take the Airport coach from Jomtien to Swampy and another from there on to Hua Hin. I do wonder why that coach doesn't drop people off, at lets say, the clock tower near the city center as it passes it anyway. Instead it takes you all the way out to the bus station leaving one to have to get a taxi back in, about 5 Klms.. Doesn't bother me really (I enjoy walking) but could be a drag for others.

You would enjoy walking 5kms carrying a bag in the current heat to save xxbaht?.....blink.png

You dont say from WHICH bangkok airport.

From Swampy (Suvarnabhumi) , I have often used Bell travel service to Pattaya .https://www.belltravelservice.com/

MUST book on-line before hand.

To Pattaya they run a full size bus to the North Pattaya bus terminal .......then you transfer to a minibus and they deliver you to your hotel door . Same on return ....pick up from hotel in minivan , drive to Nth Pattaya bus terminal then transfer to full coach to Bangkok. Great service , always on time , always safe driving.

To hua hin .............there is a desk on ground floor at Swampy.................near entrance to food court. Can buy tickets at the desk.

Get the Bell travel big bus from lower level at Swampy beside the local style, and priced, restaurants.

They take you to North Pattaya bus terminal from where it is a very quick swap to a minibus to take passengers to their respective hotels.

Can be booked online or at the desk at the airport. Busses run about once per hour.

Reliable service and about THB1300 cheaper than a taxi.

Hello Viewer!

Train available from Bangkok's seriously cool Hua Lampong Train station to Hua Hin for around 44 baht (approx)

Train available from Bangkok's seriously cool Hua Lampong Train station to Pattaya for around 31 baht (approx)

The best and cheapest way to travel to your chosen destinations and the " social scene on board " will be so fabulous that you just won't want to get off.......

* Please note viewers that this way of traveling takes a little bit longer so well worth paying 3 baht for a " Gypsies Kiss "

( kind respect where due ladies...) at Hua Lampong train station.

I am just soooooooooo excited for you!

Farang Jaidee clap2.gif x

Hello Viewer!

Train available from Bangkok's seriously cool Hua Lampong Train station to Hua Hin for around 44 baht (approx)

Train available from Bangkok's seriously cool Hua Lampong Train station to Pattaya for around 31 baht (approx)

The best and cheapest way to travel to your chosen destinations and the " social scene on board " will be so fabulous that you just won't want to get off.......

* Please note viewers that this way of traveling takes a little bit longer so well worth paying 3 baht for a " Gypsies Kiss "

Alright alright I will be the one to ask. How much is the train from Swampy to Hua Lampong. The OP is landing at the airport not the train station. Apologies for dampening your glee.

You would enjoy walking 5kms carrying a bag in the current heat to save xxbaht?.....blink.png

I reckon the bus would have dropped you off at the clock tower or around there if you got up and told the driver or told the attendant prior as you were coming into Hua Hin.

Hello Viewer!

Alright alright I will be the one to ask. How much is the train from Swampy to Hua Lampong. The OP is landing at the airport not the train station. Apologies for dampening your glee.

The OP is trying to find a cheaper way to Pattaya or Hua Hin. Cheaper than 140 baht. He must be the cheapest of cheap charlies. An Uber Charlie. Canarysun has hit the nail on the head. Third class travel on thai railways. The 31 baht train to Pattaya can be caught from Lat Krabang station not far from BKK airport. To keep it cheap you take the free shuttle bus to the airport bus station. A local bus, whichever one goes nearest Lat Krabang station. 10 baht?? then the train to Pattaya which might be now 26 baht instead of 31 baht because you are not starting from Hua lamphong.

To go to Hua Hin same as above but take the train into Bangkok itself, 5 baht. Take it to Hua Lamphong or get off at Samsen (or wherever) so you don't need to backtrack.

Depending on the timetables and whether you have just missed a suitable train you should be in Hua Hin within 12-14hours or at best 6-7 hours. Pattaya may take 5 hours at best to a maximum of 48 hours depending on the day of the week! Its not a daily service.

If the OP goes down this route he may afterwards decide 140 baht straight from the airport is treat worth splashing out on.