Yamaha Exciter 150

cmth

I can't help you with the Demo ride. However, I bought one last month without even trying it and I love it! I can't stand automatics and this bike with it's manual clutch and actual motorcycle 1 down, 4 up, five speed gear box is smooth and fun. Great Halogen headlight and comfortable suspension. The bike is totally impractical if you want something for shopping or carrying items . It has zero storage, unless you choose to add a top box (same as the Yamaha Spark 135). If you want something that stops on a dime, front and rear disks, handles terrific on the twisties and is just plain a blast to ride, go for it.

I am far from a new rider, I have been riding all my adult life and also doing extensive travelling in SE Asia for years on my 'big bikes' (500, 650 and 850). For a fun 'toy', I couldn't be more pleased with the new Exciter.

I can't help you with the Demo ride. However, I bought one last month without even trying it and I love it! I can't stand automatics and this bike with it's manual clutch and actual motorcycle 1 down, 4 up, five speed gear box is smooth and fun. Great Halogen headlight and comfortable suspension. The bike is totally impractical if you want something for shopping or carrying items . It has zero storage, unless you choose to add a top box (same as the Yamaha Spark 135). If you want something that stops on a dime, front and rear disks, handles terrific on the twisties and is just plain a blast to ride, go for it.

I am far from a new rider, I have been riding all my adult life and also doing extensive travelling in SE Asia for years on my 'big bikes' (500, 650 and 850). For a fun 'toy', I couldn't be more pleased with the new Exciter.

how much was it? is it comfortable for a pillion? thanks

how much was it? is it comfortable for a pillion? thanks

Yeah, its fine for a pillion. It comes with a very nice countoured seat. Folding footpegs front and rear are in the normal scooter position. As I said, I have a number of bikes, but when my girlfriend and I went out to dinner last night, we took the Exciter. Everything on it is good quality. Check on YouTube they have some nice videos of the bike.

https://youtu.be/p5dsqbq-Xdc

A very mellow sound also. It is an all new engine, not carried over from some previous model. The bike was released in Vietnam last year prior to the release in Thailand. Yamaha is really pushing this bike calling it the Street King. They even have some videos of Rossi and Lorenzo trying it out.

There are a couple color (colour) choices. The Exciter GP, note the "GP", comes in Yamaha's racing colors and for me was the first choice. The bike is selling for 62,000 baht with license and insurance, helmet and a cheap Yamaha jacket at Yamaha Square Chiang Mai. The "GP" is 2,000 baht more. I offered them 62,000 for the GP and they took it. I don't like haggling so possibly one could still get it cheaper.

Exellent service at Yamaha Square also. English speaking sales person. I was there on a holiday and I told him it would be a couple days before I could get the required 'residence certificate' from Immigration. He said, "No problem. When you pay for it you can take it. Ride it and enjoy. Bring in the Immigration paperwork later." So I did. BTW, I saw the bike on display at Tesco Lotus, checked out the specs and videos on the 'net, and went to Yamaha the next day and bought it. Oh, Yamaha Square also emailed me a PDF file of the owners manual in English.

Go for it. It's been quite a while since I went out riding up Doi Suthep/Doi Pui and Mae Sa Valley just so I could I blast back down the hills, but now I am back at it. My big bike friends are laughing at me because I am so excited about this little gem.

• 3 months later...

https://youtu.be/p5dsqbq-Xdc

A very mellow sound also. It is an all new engine, not carried over from some previous model. The bike was released in Vietnam last year prior to the release in Thailand. Yamaha is really pushing this bike calling it the Street King. They even have some videos of Rossi and Lorenzo trying it out.

There are a couple color (colour) choices. The Exciter GP, note the "GP", comes in Yamaha's racing colors and for me was the first choice. The bike is selling for 62,000 baht with license and insurance, helmet and a cheap Yamaha jacket at Yamaha Square Chiang Mai. The "GP" is 2,000 baht more. I offered them 62,000 for the GP and they took it. I don't like haggling so possibly one could still get it cheaper.

Exellent service at Yamaha Square also. English speaking sales person. I was there on a holiday and I told him it would be a couple days before I could get the required 'residence certificate' from Immigration. He said, "No problem. When you pay for it you can take it. Ride it and enjoy. Bring in the Immigration paperwork later." So I did. BTW, I saw the bike on display at Tesco Lotus, checked out the specs and videos on the 'net, and went to Yamaha the next day and bought it. Oh, Yamaha Square also emailed me a PDF file of the owners manual in English.

Go for it. It's been quite a while since I went out riding up Doi Suthep/Doi Pui and Mae Sa Valley just so I could I blast back down the hills, but now I am back at it. My big bike friends are laughing at me because I am so excited about this little gem.

Thanks- very good, positive review. Sold my Honda CB300F, too big for me- Exciter may be ideal.

Some want to compare it to R15 which apparently has same engine. Nonsense comparison,

87,000 Baht-v-62,000 Baht! The R15 must be heavier; it sounds like the Exciter will perform better?

It looks really cramped and uncomfortable. Too small.

The rider in the youtube vid is not a big guy but he's all scrunched up like he's riding one of those little Shriner bikes in a parade. Can't see much room for a second person behind him either.

Maybe a great bike for a 5' 0" solo rider. I'd love to see a pic of a 100kg guy on it.

exciter150.jpg

It looks really cramped and uncomfortable. Too small.

The rider in the youtube vid is not a big guy but he's all scrunched up like he's riding one of those little Shriner bikes in a parade. Can't see much room for a second person behind him either.

Maybe a great bike for a 5' 0" solo rider. I'd love to see a pic of a 100kg guy on it.

exciter150.jpg

Buy me one and I will give you all the pictures you want.

I have been wanting to try one since I saw on display at KSK a while back. One of my neighbors let me take a ride on his. Not used to the riding stance (I like dream/wave) but the power is great and definitely a quality build. I think it would be an excellent choice if you want more zip than a standard scooter but still need a lightweight and maneuverable ride.

Edited by arunsakda

• 1 month later...

just curious, has a 150cc enough power to carry a 100+ kg person up to Doi Suthep?

My GTX 125 flies up Doi Suthep with two large people on it.

When my father was here, he is 6ft 2'' and 95Kg and I am 6ft 2" and 99kg and it blasted us up Mon Jam not a problem

This 150cc bike will handle a 100kg person with ease