How does your girlfriend/wife treats you?

From the OP:

"When we eat, whether it's outside at a restaurant or at home, she keeps putting food on my plate, making sure I eat everything, like a mother would do for her kid."

Sorry OP, but this would absolutely turn me off. It's good that you've found the love of your life. But your unbridled gushing over this woman is a bit over-the-top. It's as if you've just hired a new employee and she's working her tail off. But an employee, nevertheless. Get a grip man!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I could be you OP. Maybe we both have the same model from the same series....

My Ex was from the bottom of hell compared to my new gf of about a year and a half now....still waiting for it to wear off but it isnt. The good thing is when your with the right person it makes you as well want to be the same.

I could be you OP. Maybe we both have the same model from the same series....

My Ex was from the bottom of hell compared to my new gf of about a year and a half now....still waiting for it to wear off but it isnt. The good thing is when your with the right person it makes you as well want to be the same.

She's waiting for you to buy her that house ..............

Man, tough crowd on TVF today...

There are lots of sweet ladies out there, you just have to get up off your barstool and go look if you are so inclined...

And the opposite side of the stereotype rears its head. Get off your barstool......

The main jist of these replies is regarding the 'doting' being a little over the top. It is a common misconception by foreigners that this doting or 'taking care' of a man is genuine and comes from the heart, however it is more of a duty or obligation. Thai women are reared to take care of their fathers in a similar fashion, and to do the same for their future partners. They know all too well that westerners fall so far for this little act that they pride themselves on it, and if it gets over the top there's an easy fallback.......I just care about you!

If one, such as the OP, finds such a doting partner tolerable and doesn't have to compromise any of his liberties, good for him. Yes there are women out there who fit the bill, but when this sort of intense caring/ doting is present I have found it to be usually coupled with an equally intense level of possessive and controlling behavior.

OP doesn't mention or (maybe doesn't know) if she goes through his phone every night, sniffs his underwear after he's been out or watches if he's stared at the hottie who just walked past them in the mall.

------------------------------

Side note, but about perception lost when one is blinded with love.......A 6 year old boy, son of my friend, once gave me a warning I could not understand at the time. I was engaged to a beautiful exotic woman and while out having dinner with some friends, this boy came over to me and asked ' why is she always smiling?'.......I told him because she's happy, he then said 'I'd hate to see her angry'.........this kid took to everyone except my partner who was a warm kind hearted type, always smiling, and fits the bill as the OP described, a wonderful household partner always making me relaxed and well presented (initially). After 6 months and an engagement ring it turned out she was a complete mental case and attempted her life twice as emotional blackmail. Took me a year to peel away from that one...........I should have listened to the kid, he wasn't fooled by the act.

After 6 months and an engagement ring it turned out she was a complete mental case and attempted her life twice as emotional blackmail.

I've yet to meet a Thai girl that isn't a complete mental case (by UK standards).

Please only repsond if you have a gf/wife.

Okay.

My wife treats me with respect and dignity, not like a child.

Good answer, have to say I'd have to tell the wife to stop it or leave me alone if she started doing that.

My wife treats me the same way I treat her' like an equal, a partner and a mate.

:)

The first 3 month's are always the best biggrin.png

Oh i dont know 22 years and she still treats me really nice ,as i do to her ,we also laugh a lot , she is quite a bit younger than me though and i think she is seeing an older guy , i keep seeing him in the mirrorr ,but he is gone when i turn around ,but never fear i will get him one daytongue.png

You make no mention of her cutting the crusts off your bread, i would dump her she obviously does not know what a man wants.

Not sure about crusts, the last time she wanted to cut my toe nails, she nearly removed my little toe.

Her eyesight isn't what it once was......................sad.png

Anyway, I do what I want when she wants, always seems to work.........................wink.png

Most Thai women raised in a traditional family have a natural nurturing spirit to/for those they love.....as does my wife.....

I have all the advantages the OP does but not the doting or plate filling and we talk about everything in life with me as the ultimate deciding vote if needed with no qualms.....Massages - no - my wife has no clue - tries so hard that it hurts......

I don't think private personal or intimate details/brags are appropriate or needed to contribute to this thread - I know I am a very lucky man.....Any man with a good Thai woman knows what I mean......

They really really want to make/keep their man happy......

Where a lot of western men f--- it up is they are supreme nit-pickers about every little DIFFERENT or disliked thing - this over time will break a good womans spirit - make them defensive/enemies and they will gravitate away mentally making it all the worse for the man/relationship.... No one willing stays around an a-hole.....

I pick my battles (which are pretty much non-existant) saving it for something important - then approach it diplomatically as Thais are comfortable with that approach and solution.......

Those that don't can find themselves in 7 ways oh hell here.....

Congrats to the OP for his happiness....

It's amazing the amount of people on here that just want to suck others happiness away from them.....

Energy leaks.....

My Mrs follows these 12 simple values:

1. Upholding the nation, the religions and the Monarchy, which is the key institution

2. Being honest, sacrificial and patient with positive attitude for the common good of the public

3. Being grateful to the parents, guardians and teachers

4. Seeking knowledge and education directly and indirectly

5. Treasuring the precious Thai tradition

6. Maintaining moral, integrity, well-wishes upon others as well as being generous and sharing

7. Understanding, learning the true essence of democratic ideals with His Majesty the King as the Head of State

8. Maintaining discipline, respectful of laws and the elderly and seniority

9. Being conscious and mindful of action in line with His Majesty’s the King’s statements

10. Practicing the philosophy of Sufficiency Economy of His Majesty the King. Saving money for time of need. Being moderate with surplus used for sharing or expansion of business while having good immunity

11. Maintaining both physical and mental health and unyielding to the dark force or desires, having sense of shame over guilt and sins in accordance with the religious principles

12. Putting the public and national interest before personal interest.

All the boasting about how good their woman is ..... just sickening.

I lived with a really low class Thai hooker for a year, she did all that stuff, nails, zit popping, nasal hair plucking, washing, showering, cleaning, stroking, cooking.

She was still a low class hooker.

It didn't make either of us decent human beings, and it was no indication of her love and devotion to me (which was ZERO).

So to all you old, fat, bald guys posting this rubbish about devoted younger wives and gfs ....... look in a mirror, ask yourselves what have you got that they want?

(To all of you with a same age wife who contributes equally financially to the household, my post isn't for you or about you)

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Most Thai women raised in a traditional family have a natural nurturing spirit to/for those they love.....as does my wife.....

I have all the advantages the OP does but not the doting or plate filling and we talk about everything in life with me as the ultimate deciding vote if needed with no qualms.....Massages - no - my wife has no clue - tries so hard that it hurts......

I don't think private personal or intimate details/brags are appropriate or needed to contribute to this thread - I know I am a very lucky man.....Any man with a good Thai woman knows what I mean......

Where a lot of western men f--- it up is they are supreme nit-pickers about every little DIFFERENT or disliked thing - this over time will break a good womans spirit - make them defensive/enemies and they will gravitate away mentally making it all the worse for the man/relationship.... No one willing stays around an a-hole.....

I pick my battles (which are pretty much non-existant) saving it for something important - then approach it diplomatically as Thais are comfortable with that approach and solution.......

It's amazing the amount of people on here that just want to suck others happiness away from them.....

Energy leaks.....

The OP may have attracted a more positive response by coming across a little less creepy & childish. Not to quote you but you mentioned yourself how bragging or disclosing personal/ intimate details is kinda inappropriate.........

However I liked your insight on East meets West, informative, the voice of experience.........and I'm not left with any visuals thank you for that.

We get along well because she spends a lot of time at school. After a while together, I will say: Here's some money. Buy yourself a couple of Spy Cooler six-packs and go hang out with your friends and leave me alone.

That's really nice OP, does she work through the day? What sort of an allowance do you give her? Do you financially support other members of her family, parents, brothers sisters etc?

Not trying to put a dampener on things, but if you do not financially support anyone else but her, you have one in a million there.

but if you do not financially support anyone else but her, you have one in a million there.

Readilly available all over the kingdom, the trick is to find one you DO NOT support.

Why would someone have to support a Thai girl?

Its all in the selection process.

So if you have to support said gf does that make her an employee ? That can be hired and fired at will ? Will you give her an end of year bonus of a house ? You should treat your relationships as if you are the head of a multinational ..., if they are not performing you get rid

So if you have to support said gf does that make her an employee ? That can be hired and fired at will ? Will you give her an end of year bonus of a house ? You should treat your relationships as if you are the head of a multinational ..., if they are not performing you get rid

So if you have to support said gf does that make her an employee ?

No it means you are nothing more than a customer, who will suffice for the time being, til a better paying one comes along.

All the boasting about how good their woman is ..... just sickening.

I lived with a really low class Thai hooker for a year, she did all that stuff, nails, zit popping, nasal hair plucking, washing, showering, cleaning, stroking, cooking.

She was still a low class hooker.

It didn't make either of us decent human beings, and it was no indication of her love and devotion to me (which was ZERO).

So to all you old, fat, bald guys posting this rubbish about devoted younger wives and gfs ....... look in a mirror, ask yourselves what have you got that they want?

(To all of you with a same age wife who contributes equally financially to the household, my post isn't for you or about you)

Good post.

My missus would tell me where to go if I asked her to do all that stuff anyway.

"Do it yourself " or maybe not as polite would be the response.

:)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Man, tough crowd on TVF today...

There are lots of sweet ladies out there, you just have to get up off your barstool and go look if you are so inclined...

And the opposite side of the stereotype rears its head. Get off your barstool......

The main jist of these replies is regarding the 'doting' being a little over the top. It is a common misconception by foreigners that this doting or 'taking care' of a man is genuine and comes from the heart, however it is more of a duty or obligation. Thai women are reared to take care of their fathers in a similar fashion, and to do the same for their future partners. They know all too well that westerners fall so far for this little act that they pride themselves on it, and if it gets over the top there's an easy fallback.......I just care about you!

If one, such as the OP, finds such a doting partner tolerable and doesn't have to compromise any of his liberties, good for him. Yes there are women out there who fit the bill, but when this sort of intense caring/ doting is present I have found it to be usually coupled with an equally intense level of possessive and controlling behavior.

OP doesn't mention or (maybe doesn't know) if she goes through his phone every night, sniffs his underwear after he's been out or watches if he's stared at the hottie who just walked past them in the mall.

------------------------------

Side note, but about perception lost when one is blinded with love.......A 6 year old boy, son of my friend, once gave me a warning I could not understand at the time. I was engaged to a beautiful exotic woman and while out having dinner with some friends, this boy came over to me and asked ' why is she always smiling?'.......I told him because she's happy, he then said 'I'd hate to see her angry'.........this kid took to everyone except my partner who was a warm kind hearted type, always smiling, and fits the bill as the OP described, a wonderful household partner always making me relaxed and well presented (initially). After 6 months and an engagement ring it turned out she was a complete mental case and attempted her life twice as emotional blackmail. Took me a year to peel away from that one...........I should have listened to the kid, he wasn't fooled by the act.

My reply was for those asking the OP how much he pays his GF and in what bar did he find her, as the barstool seems to be their only point of reference... As you pointed out, stereotypes work both ways... Don't think Thai women don't know it either...

Having a good life is when you don't need a born-again Christian wacko like Zig Ziglar to tell you what it is to have a good life.

Note: Nobody but a born-again Christian wacko ever supported former Governor Mike Huckabee for President (2008)

Edited by JLCrab

Energy leaks.....

Thanks for your post mate, I like your positiveness.

I do apologise for sharing too much info, which made some people uncomfortable. But I just needed to mention that as to make my point. I was just wondering how your gf/wife treats you as their bf/husband.

Why does a women need to have a hidden agenda for taking good care of the man she loves?

Why does it matter if she does it as a means to an end? I still enjoy it and am happy to have a good women who treats me with right and respectful.

Why do many farang in Thailand thinks that farangs need to pay a women to love them? I did not meet her in a bar nor is she on my ''payroll''. Our spending power is fair and shared by the two of us.

Having a good life is when you don't need a born-again Christian wacko like Zig Ziglar to tell you what it is to have a good life.

Note: Nobody but a born-again Christian wacko ever supported former Governor Mike Huckabee for President (2008)

Wouldn't know a Huckabee from a Huckleberry if I walked into either....

But do appreciate a good or witty saying or phrase once in awhile → even a few of yours.....post-114384-0-89582900-1436230513_thumb.

Edited by pgrahmm

Wouldn't know a Huckabee from a Huckleberry if I walked into either....

But do appreciate a good or witty saying or phrase once in awhile → even a few of yours.....

I lived in Oklahoma City for a few years -- and I don't care how witty is Zig Ziglar.