Father faces deportation to Thailand after 27 years in Britain for two 'stupid crimes'

webfact

So many Muslims in UK, but they deport this guy.

Sorry for the Donald Trump blunder

What has the faith of British citizens got to do with this story?

That's very easy to see.

Really? I'd better get some glasses then.

Where does one buy hate engendering lenses from?

The blind bigotry shop?

KKK supplies?

Intolerance in abundance supplies?

The shop that put jerk into knee jerk reactions?

.............Maybe amongst the classified Ads of a Thai expat website? .............whistling.gif .

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wish Australia would do the same, instead, what you have three is a bunch of liberals and

soft hearted whom, somehow defends the ' new Australians ' criminal behavior with

a ' fair go ' BS, while the very same criminals are living safe and sucking on the social

securities tits dry thumbing their noses at the authorities...

Australia does do the same, hundreds of criminals have been deported under Abbott, who by the way is about as far from being a liberal as it is possible to be. Australia likes to think of them themselves as a developed country yet uses Papua New Guinea as a refugee camp. It would seem that the old penal colony mentality is still alive and well in the minds of the Australians, out of sight, out of mind. Sending asylum seekers to live in a third world prison on an island just isn't a first world thing to do, neither is it in anyway a liberal thing to do, obviously.

"But I’ve been brought up English, educated English and paid my tax and national insurance. So what part of me isn’t English?” Your citizenship. You are a Thai person living in a foreign country. At age 11, you were smart enough to apply to live off the dole. What held you from respecting the country enough to become English? The law indicates foreign criminals. You chose to remain foreign. You chose to remain foreign, you chose to commit crimes. Live with your choices.

What a pity you're not smart enough to know the difference between putting yourself into care as achild from an alcoholic mother and being on the dole.

He has lived there since he was 6, was schooled, worked, has a partner and child there. He is a British citizen and should be treated as such.

Of course the contingent of right wing "Dem damn foreigners! dey took our jawwwbbbs!" contingent on here would agree with deportation cos they are desperately out of touch with the world.

Not defending what he did (as I don't know the full circumstances, but it sounds like he had a crappy upbringing) but come on he wasn't born there but he is British.

That's the whole point. He isn't British. His drunken step-father and mother never made sure he was naturalized; and neither did he. Unfortunate, as he wouldn't now be in this mess.

He's been swept up by a law designed with different circumstances involved. Whilst it would appear common sense that after 27 years, since the age of 6, he is British to all intents and purposes, the fact remains he isn't.

The days when English courts applied common senses as part of common law are long gone. The rules on the computer say this, there is no box for explanation mentality. His he British "yes or no".

Crappy upbringing or not he chose to break the law, and deserves to be punished. However, deporting him in these circumstances shows a remarkable lack of the intelligent application of common sense. But the law now only permits appeals once the deportee is out of country.

How would a person teach English in Thailand if they can not speak Thai?

Do you really think all the unqualified, barely educated, misfits that somehow get jobs "teaching" English here can speak Thai?

Are you educated or qualified in any way? Thai employment law states that all foreign teachers must be qualified to teach and educated to a minimum of bachelors level. Apart from that you are correct, they do not speak Thai. In fact, never speaking Thai to the students is a listed requirement in most jobs, the point being to immerse the students in the language rather than provide 1950's style grammar translation.

Hard to feel a great deal of pity for him. The crimes were "stupid" but then most petty criminal activity is stupid.

Of course if he had been a long stay farang in Thailand who did something stupid like arrogantly ignoring immigrations laws or worse, everyone here would be rallying to his defense and start fantasizing excuses for his behavior.

On the other hand, after all this time he is more a Brit than a Thai immigrant. He should have been aware of the consequences of his behavior, but the consequences of his punishment deserve some consideration as well.

normally I would agree but he was 6

if he was one of the 'new' immigrants and 16+ when he arrived I'd say 'som nam na' in fact all those criminals that pick pocket and shop lift on Oxford Street and the rest should be sent back home as soon as convicted but maybe not this guy as he has a son and was only 6 years old

If the UK want to start deporting criminal Immigrants, they should start with the real bad ones, I think we all know who that is.

Sponsored terra australis

We did well once we stopped having to receive criminals. And they did better in Australia too. Suddenly, those northern, snotty layabouts decided it wasn't such a bad idea and wanted to come voluntarily. We relented, and decided they could come and paint houses. Paid ten pounds to incentivize and the fare.

Australia had the worst interior decor by brush through the fifties to the seventies as a result. Only just recovering now.

If he can paint send him to Australia. 457 visa waiting.

Pity educators weren't given an incentive. Still need to recover on that.

It is the law. Entirely a British issue. Living there for 27 years he should have known.

I do sympatier with him though, but criminal is criminal. All actions have consequences.

That's all true. The question here is, is it just that a man who has lived the vast majority of his life legally in the country since face consequences significantly more severe than a citizen would? Consider also his child - is it just that he be deprived of his father under circumstances where a second generation citizen would not?

Edited by cocopops

If this guys father was British I think the story would be different, but it was only his stepfather who was British, his Thai father whoever that may be must be out there somewhere as must his mothers family so they should step in to help shouldn't they?

In the UK he had plenty of opportunity to get citizenship, and I am amazed he managed to last so long without it. In the end he messed up pretty badly and falls foul of a very much needed law that Britain needs to get rid of Eastern European scumbags. Does he deserve another chance? Not really..

How will he suffer? He can teach English! coffee1.gif

Has he got a degree?

He is Thai so he may be one of the few "farang" educated guys that can work, buy land and teach with no work permit....

He should check his possibilities...

It amazes me that the hang em' high club don't stop for a moment and think how easily something similar could happen to them.

Let's say you move to England with your Thai wife, perhaps take your wife's child from a previous relationship too. Your wife is insulted by another woman in a supermarket, bar or other public place; perhaps called an immigrant, a prostitute or other derogatory term. Your wife snaps and slaps this woman. The woman files an assault charge and your wife, and your adopted son/daughter are then facing deportation.

Another scenario. Some money goes missing at work. The finger is pointed at the foreigner; your wife. There is no evidence, but another racist member of staff says she saw your wife steal. She is sacked and charged with theft. She now faces deportation. Or perhaps she did steal some money. A stupid moment of madness. Her family were putting pressure on her to send money home to pay some medical bills and she didn't want to ask you. It's totally out of character but she did it. She's human. She made a mistake.

Another scenario. Your wife's child, your adopted child, becomes a tad unruly as a teenager after many years of a loving upbringing by yourself and your wife. He/she starts stealing from shops, nicking car badges and other stupid rebellious things. Turns out this behaviour was brought on because he/she is being bullied at school. But the government don't care. He/she is 16 now and eligible for deportation.

And how about you? What if your cosy life spent judging others from a computer in Nakhon nowhere is upturned because you get into a fight with a Thai. He assaults you first, you hit back, he falls and smacks his head on the floor. He dies. You go to jail and are then deported. Suddenly the place you've called home for the last 10 or 20 years is torn from under your feet. you are separated from your wife, and child, if you have one.

Don't be so quick to judge. Laws change quickly, and any of us could find ourselves victim of a cruel system in the future as Thailand becomes more hostile and right-wing towards foreigners living and working here.

But more than anything, show some compassion and kindness. This guy was brought to the UK, an alien land, when he was six years old - not his choice. His mother, an alcoholic, treated him so badly he asked to go into care. The British step father didn't/doesn't give a crap. His mother then dies. He is alone. He looks different to all the other kids. He grows up surrounded by rough people. I'm willing to bet most of us wouldn't have lasted a year in his shoes with the type of life he's had. Being neglected by your parents is hard enough, being in care, struggling with your identity and growing up in a hostile fight or fall environment is something most of you are lucky enough to have not had to go through.

So what, he stole some money - he was in debt. He has no family to turn to. You did/do. So do I. We are incredibly lucky not to feel that isolated, helpless and alone. So what, he got into a fight (probably) and was charged with assault. You know nothing of the circumstances surrounding that incident. He's probably dealing with so much pain and anger inside that we have no idea how he feels on a day-to-day basis.

What we need to do as a society is give him the guidance and care/rehabilitation for him to get his life back on track and be a good father and citizen, not call him an immigrant and kick him out. Do you think kicking someone again when they're down is going to make them a better person. No, it makes them angrier, more resentful, more fearful, more hateful...

This is the same government that just cut the independent living fund for the disabled. Go figure.

Complete gibberish! Did you even read the article? Only serious crimes with a prison sentence of 12 months or more are subject to deportation.

I am not going to comment on the rights or wrongs here particularly the family separation elements which I can relate to.

But I did think there was some irony in the idea of "If you commit two stupid crimes you will be sent away from a cold, fairly miserable dour place to sunshine and paradise".

Has he got a degree?

He is Thai so he may be one of the few "farang" educated guys that can work, buy land and teach with no work permit....

He did graduate from catering collage...

He was a supervisor in a department store...

The first language he learnt was Thai...

Could line him up for some thing better than teaching English.

But with his criminal record he will be lucky to get a job as a street cleaner.

It is not him I feel sorry for but his family. sad.png

Australia does do the same, hundreds of criminals have been deported under Abbott, who by the way is about as far from being a liberal as it is possible to be. Australia likes to think of them themselves as a developed country yet uses Papua New Guinea as a refugee camp. It would seem that the old penal colony mentality is still alive and well in the minds of the Australians, out of sight, out of mind. Sending asylum seekers to live in a third world prison on an island just isn't a first world thing to do, neither is it in anyway a liberal thing to do, obviously.

The smartest thing Abbot has done is stopping the illegal economic immigrants from reaching Australian shores where they can fall into the arms of the bleeding hearts and the human rights lawyers, because there is no end to the false claims and law suits they will use to allow them to stay.

BTW the quite aiding and abetting of illegal immigration should be considered sufficient criminal activity for deportation, similar to the UK Thai. Much of the funding for the illegal immigration is coming from family members already "arrived".

I wish the U.S. would pass a law like this.

Some years ago I was surprised at the fluency of the English language, albeit with a very heavy American accent, of a local Thai restaurant worker here on Phuket. He told me his mother had taken him to the US when he was six years old, same as the Thai in this article, when she'd married a US citizen. He'd been caught up with a bad lot in Los Angeles and was sent back to Thailand at the age of twenty-one! Where you been? huh.png

He'll be paid the paltry Thai wage and his tastes are English.

His lifestyle is about to plummet and his partner and child are thousands of kilometers away.

I'd call that suffering!

I could agree with it if appeal was allowed first.

It amazes me that the hang em' high club don't stop for a moment and think how easily something similar could happen to them.

Let's say you move to England with your Thai wife, perhaps take your wife's child from a previous relationship too. Your wife is insulted by another woman in a supermarket, bar or other public place; perhaps called an immigrant, a prostitute or other derogatory term. Your wife snaps and slaps this woman. The woman files an assault charge and your wife, and your adopted son/daughter are then facing deportation.

Another scenario. Some money goes missing at work. The finger is pointed at the foreigner; your wife. There is no evidence, but another racist member of staff says she saw your wife steal. She is sacked and charged with theft. She now faces deportation. Or perhaps she did steal some money. A stupid moment of madness. Her family were putting pressure on her to send money home to pay some medical bills and she didn't want to ask you. It's totally out of character but she did it. She's human. She made a mistake.

Another scenario. Your wife's child, your adopted child, becomes a tad unruly as a teenager after many years of a loving upbringing by yourself and your wife. He/she starts stealing from shops, nicking car badges and other stupid rebellious things. Turns out this behaviour was brought on because he/she is being bullied at school. But the government don't care. He/she is 16 now and eligible for deportation.

And how about you? What if your cosy life spent judging others from a computer in Nakhon nowhere is upturned because you get into a fight with a Thai. He assaults you first, you hit back, he falls and smacks his head on the floor. He dies. You go to jail and are then deported. Suddenly the place you've called home for the last 10 or 20 years is torn from under your feet. you are separated from your wife, and child, if you have one.

Don't be so quick to judge. Laws change quickly, and any of us could find ourselves victim of a cruel system in the future as Thailand becomes more hostile and right-wing towards foreigners living and working here.

But more than anything, show some compassion and kindness. This guy was brought to the UK, an alien land, when he was six years old - not his choice. His mother, an alcoholic, treated him so badly he asked to go into care. The British step father didn't/doesn't give a crap. His mother then dies. He is alone. He looks different to all the other kids. He grows up surrounded by rough people. I'm willing to bet most of us wouldn't have lasted a year in his shoes with the type of life he's had. Being neglected by your parents is hard enough, being in care, struggling with your identity and growing up in a hostile fight or fall environment is something most of you are lucky enough to have not had to go through.

So what, he stole some money - he was in debt. He has no family to turn to. You did/do. So do I. We are incredibly lucky not to feel that isolated, helpless and alone. So what, he got into a fight (probably) and was charged with assault. You know nothing of the circumstances surrounding that incident. He's probably dealing with so much pain and anger inside that we have no idea how he feels on a day-to-day basis.

What we need to do as a society is give him the guidance and care/rehabilitation for him to get his life back on track and be a good father and citizen, not call him an immigrant and kick him out. Do you think kicking someone again when they're down is going to make them a better person. No, it makes them angrier, more resentful, more fearful, more hateful...

This is the same government that just cut the independent living fund for the disabled. Go figure.

Complete gibberish! Did you even read the article? Only serious crimes with a prison sentence of 12 months or more are subject to deportation.

Errr, yes. But did you even read my post? I said laws change quickly and we can all find ourselves victim of a cruel system. What one could be deported for today can easily change tomorrow, so you never know when you or someone you care about could find themselves in a similar situation. I notice you didn't address any of the comments on compassion, though you may have lost your humanity in a bar somewhere in the last 30 years. Good day.

I just read today of a Muslim in the uk who has links with the Tunisia shooter and who applauded in public the tube bombings in London on 50,000 pound a year benefits. Why's he not deported yes uk let's make it good by going for the easy option to make your record look good.

I wish the U.S. would pass a law like this.

There already is such a law in the US and people who came to the US as infants or children and later committed crimes are being deported to home countries they do not even remember or speak the language of, on a regular basis. It has been a particular issue for Cambodians and South Americans.

The problem arises when immigrants (or their immigrant parents) fail to pursue citizenship, which would protect against this (though not of course against jail sentences).

normally I would agree but he was 6

if he was one of the 'new' immigrants and 16+ when he arrived I'd say 'som nam na' in fact all those criminals that pick pocket and shop lift on Oxford Street and the rest should be sent back home as soon as convicted but maybe not this guy as he has a son and was only 6 years old

If the UK want to start deporting criminal Immigrants, they should start with the real bad ones, I think we all know who that is.

Sponsored terra australis

We did well once we stopped having to receive criminals. And they did better in Australia too. Suddenly, those northern, snotty layabouts decided it wasn't such a bad idea and wanted to come voluntarily. We relented, and decided they could come and paint houses. Paid ten pounds to incentivize and the fare.

Australia had the worst interior decor by brush through the fifties to the seventies as a result. Only just recovering now.

If he can paint send him to Australia. 457 visa waiting.

Pity educators weren't given an incentive. Still need to recover on that.

They came and the paint still runs

Q5_fZW.gif

The smartest thing Abbot has done is stopping the illegal economic immigrants from reaching Australian shores where they can fall into the arms of the bleeding hearts and the human rights lawyers, because there is no end to the false claims and law suits they will use to allow them to stay.

BTW the quite aiding and abetting of illegal immigration should be considered sufficient criminal activity for deportation, similar to the UK Thai. Much of the funding for the illegal immigration is coming from family members already "arrived".

Yeah sure, best thing he has done is put them out of site in a third world refugee camp, clearly you have morals. The rest of the developed world wonders how the Australians have become selfish to the point of inhumanity. Aiding and abetting illegal immigrants is just another way of saying recognising your lawful duty as stipulated by the Geneva Conventions on Human Rights. It's high time the UN security council steps in, frees the people from those third world refugee camps and takes Abott to the international courts for crimes against humanity.

There is no need for the Father to leave his Son behind. The Child would be entitled to Thai Citizenship but what about the Mother who is no mentioned? It's a sad case but Thailand would do the same.

The United Kingdom is one of the most sought after Countries in the World to live. Immigrants should understand and be grateful for the privileges afforded to them. If they don't like it then U.K will not try to stop them leaving.

The whole lesson is taught in English - the teacher does not have to speak Thai. The teachers are supposed to have a degree but many do not, they just have a TEFL or ESOL qualification. Priority is given to native English speakers. Given that this guy is a convicted criminal he will never get past a police check. His biggest mistake was not bothering to apply for naturalisation so he is now paying the price.

Yeah sure, best thing he has done is put them out of site in a third world refugee camp, clearly you have morals. The rest of the developed world wonders how the Australians have become selfish to the point of inhumanity. Aiding and abetting illegal immigrants is just another way of saying recognising your lawful duty as stipulated by the Geneva Conventions on Human Rights. It's high time the UN security council steps in, frees the people from those third world refugee camps and takes Abott to the international courts for crimes against humanity.

Why should a 3rd world refugee complain about being in a 3rd world refugee camp? They're safe from the problems they fled from, aren't they? They're even given assistance to find a job, which is a whole lot cheaper than a free flat and social security for the rest of their life. I have no problems if you wish to donate your time or money to help them, what gives you the right to insist they have mine?

Of course the economic migrants don't like it, so they stop coming, which is the whole idea.

Hello, do you live on the moon, 99% of the native speaking English language teachers DON"T speak Thai, and for your interest, most of the native Thai English language teacher's can not speak English.

Has he got a degree?

It's rather ignorant to assume that Thais do not need to be qualified in order to teach in Thailand. They need to have a teaching degree, they need to be higher qualified than the farangs.

Deport first, appeal later Law right??? same like shoot first, ask questions later... I really think people of the same ethnicity should stay in their appropriate regions and not migrate... unless it is very very special special circumstances!!! Anyway when cultures and tradition clash there are a lot of problems which cannot be solved... in one's own society, religious beliefs, traditions and societal norms can find answers or solutions, might not be the best but won't make things worse. Anyway it is sad to know the mother committed suicide... and the child was left on his own within the Childcare system or whatever... anyway this is what happens when you are out of you society...

And where do you currently reside, or doesn't your thinking apply to yourself as you are a bit special?

Maybe you consider a bit of ethnic cleansing might be in order?

Edited by Artisi

He really is British.

By every practicable measure he is and it will not make deportation.

I think the article is just muck raking which works well here but any court in a fair land, upon appeal will see it that way from the paucity of information we have at hand.

Edited by optad