Coffee grinder

Spaniel

We bought ours a year ago at the Emporium department store off Phrom Pong BTS. It's the blade type grinder, not the burr. I know we use it for grinding small quantities of all sorts of things (nuts/seeds).

Central department store - THB 1200 - bought at Central in Pattaya, use mine for coffee and flax seed (not at the same time of course)

Poster lemel also bought a grinder at Central but he paid B3000. Guess he got the deluxe model?

Central department store - THB 1200 - bought at Central in Pattaya, use mine for coffee and flax seed (not at the same time of course)

Poster lemel also bought a grinder at Central but he paid B3000. Guess he got the deluxe model?

I don't know, when I bought the one I bought, there where a few different ones/different prices, think the most expensive was THB 6000 and the cheapest THB 800 or there about, but the THB 800 one looked a bit shoddy, and the THB 1200 one was sized about right for what I wanted, the photo below is similar to the one I bought

post-64799-0-39843200-1436176840_thumb.j

De'Longhi Coffee Grinder Black, Central were selling them priced around 3,000 Baht, I got mine included in the offer when I bought a De'Longhi coffee machine. Good grinder, 3 settings but I think you can get them cheaper if you buy online

post-9381-0-51983600-1436193582_thumb.jp

Try Chic Republic- they have a very good selection of electrical goods - most imported and not the cheapest.

What is it with flax seeds? Do they taste good or meant to be super healthy?

Definitely not an English thing- never heard of them until I moved to Thailand- but some TV members seem obsessed with flax!

Try Chic Republic- they have a very good selection of electrical goods - most imported and not the cheapest.

Definitely not an English thing- never heard of them until I moved to Thailand- but some TV members seem obsessed with flax!

They can be used as an egg replacement in cooking / baking. Grind them, mix them with water and after some soaking time you end with a liquid the consistency of egg-whites.

They can also me mixed into a smoothie as they're both a good source of ALA (a component of Omega-3) and will help keep you bowels moving regularly.

They make you defecate regularly which from what I understand becomes harder to do with age, hence increasing the fibre in ones diet, and might explain the obsession with flax seed, given the typical demographic of TV :D

Ie older gentlemen who are full of poo :o

However no amount of flax seed consumed can give some members the sense of humour they desperately need

Edited by Soutpeel

They can be used as an egg replacement in cooking / baking. Grind them, mix them with water and after some soaking time you end with a liquid the consistency of egg-whites.

They can also me mixed into a smoothie as they're both a good source of ALA (a component of Omega-3) and will help keep you bowels moving regularly.

The smoothie sounds delicious - can you make healthy meringue with this egg white replacement?

I discovered that in England we call it linseed - at school I used to oil my cricket bat with linseed oil.

Edited by peterb17

They make you defecate regularly which from what I understand becomes harder to do with age, hence increasing the fibre in ones diet, and might explain the obsession with flax seed, given the typical demographic of TV :D

Ie older gentlemen who are full of poo :o

However no amount of flax seed consumed can give some members the sense of humour they desperately need

Soutpeel - thanks for that now I understand.

To be quite honest if the old chaps had a decent diet and included a load of spicy Thai food I do not think they would need extra help with the defecation problem.

On another post I hear you can make sumptuous cakes and even whip them up into a fabulous smoothie - it seems that there is no end to the usefulness of this great seed- and titilate your taste buds at the same time.