Bangkok cop drunk 'nid noi' on duty (VIDEO)

webfact

'Drunk' Traffic Cop Surrenders to Police [+video]

By Khaosod English

co.jpg

Pol.Sen.Sgt.Maj. Chakkrawan Wongchai (center) surrendered to police on 6 July 2015.

kse.png

-- Khaosod English 2015-07-06

Judging by that big cheesy grin he doesn't seem to be too worried about the outcome of all this.

Edited by Bluespunk

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By Khaosod English

co.jpg

Pol.Sen.Sgt.Maj. Chakkrawan Wongchai (center) surrendered to police on 6 July 2015.

kse.png

Judging by that big cheesy grin he doesn't seem to be too worried about the outcome of all this.

Looks like the big cheese doesn't seem too worried either, but then they are in same club / lodge / click /brotherhood -- so no problems to speak of.

By Khaosod English

co.jpg

kse.png

Michelangelo would be so proud to know that finger-pointing is still valued in pictures after all these years. I sometimes wonder if these photos are a shy fan tribute to the great "il Divino."

On perhaps the only positive note, he's probably too drunk to be able to accurately aim in order to shoot and murder someone at distance with his weapon.

do you walk on all fours..........

Could you expand on your obvious misunderstanding of my post?

Police Sen(ior?) Sergeant Major ....

Good to see the Peter principle at work in Thailand (promoted repeatedly until he reached a level for which he was totally incompetent).

I thought he was quite mannerly and used "na khrup" often as opposed to "khrup". Ok i guess its not cool for a policeman to be half pissed at work but all you saints out there continue throwing stone at your glass houses. He seemed a pleasant bloke and even smiling when handed himself in. Yes maybe had a couple for breaky too. But as we all know that this police force needs some pleasant, mannerly people amongst them. They are too far and few between.

My mate's brother in law is a traffic cop. Went round to my mate's place one afternoon and brother in law was there and on his 3rd big bottle of Singha. He was in uniform and all.

Just after I got there he apologised as he had to leave and go to work. Got on his bike and hung a plastic bag with two more bottles of beer off his handlebars and off to work he went. He was a bit wobbly too as he toddled off down the soi.

Same guy got in trouble for being drunk and lending his mate his gun. Mate then went and shot someone.

Edited by nottocus

yeah where are the thai Facebook shamers???? <deleted>??? This man has shamed thailand perhaps much more damaging than a lowly bargirl shankin a wank. This guy should also be hunted down and punished and made an example of for all to see. But the double standard tail between the legs thais arent squakin...

Drunk cop drinks because he is sad, wife says
By Coconuts Bangkok

drunkcop_0.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The wife of a traffic police officer who admitted to being drunk on duty begged the public to feel sorry for her husband, who started drinking because of their daughter’s sickness.

Siriorn Wongchai, 33, wife of drunk cop Jakkawarn Wongchai, 51, answered the door to reporters yesterday who clogged their police flat after a video of her husband, who was on duty drunk, was talk of the town.

Siriorn, who has lived with her cop husband for 17 years and has three children, said her husband has just started drinking when their youngest daughter, 5, was recently diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or ALS.
Facing monthly hospital bills, Siriorn said her husband is stressed because he is the only person providing for the family.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/07/07/drunk-cop-drinks-because-he-sad-wife-says

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-07-07

the world is full of single bread earners, as a policeman he and family have insurance so who else would he expect to provide for the family he brought into this world and is duty bound to provide for.

getting drunk while on duty, in uniform was a cock up on his part at least haave sense to. stay out of the public face when you get into the acting jackass mood.a little counseling by his boss and he should see the error of his ways

man up dont let you wife defnd you stupidity

I drank with a cop father of one of my students in the middle of the afternoon once. We had quite a few shots Of whisky. My Thai wasn't so great back then and his English not great so I never did know If he was still on duty Or done for the day (He was In full uniform). After about 20 mins He jumped on His bike and was off.

Nothing surprises me here anymore.

I do not think it is a good image !! When I worked for the airlines as a Mechanic, Foreman and Manager if you went into a bar in uniform, whether on duty or not, you would be given time off and if caught again it was bye bye !!

I drank with a cop father of one of my students in the middle of the afternoon once. We had quite a few shots Of whisky. My Thai wasn't so great back then and his English not great so I never did know If he was still on duty Or done for the day (He was In full uniform). After about 20 mins He jumped on His bike and was off.

"Nothing surprises me here anymore. "

Yes, fortunately it's only in Thailand that cops ever get drunk or high or up to other mischief on duty.

Not excusing the guy in the O/P, it shouldn't happen anywhere, but people who claim to be surprised at things that sometimes happen (only) in Thailand must have spent their lives back in FarangLand with their eyes closed.

The high rate of suicide among law enforcement officers is policing’s dirty little secret. Not only do police officers have higher rates of alcoholism, divorce, and drug abuse, not only do they have life expediencies ten years less than the average person; they also kill themselves at higher rates than the average American.

- See more at: http://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/2012/02/14/fourth-nypd-officer-commits-suicide-in-2012/#sthash.xejWlZDL.dpuf

Quite a few shots in 20 minutes . . . .