Increase in taxi fares postponed

webfact

Increase in taxi fares postponed

BANGKOK, 6 July 2015 (NNT) - A plan to raise taxi fares has been postponed.

The Transport Ministry will delay the planned second phase adjustment of taxi fares.

Transport Minister, Air Chief Marshal Prajin Jantong announced that in an effort not to burden the general public, previous plans to raise taxi fare rates by 5% in the second phase in July, are being postponed for now.

On July 13th, ACM Prajin will present to cabinet, a plan to extend the period of free bus services and a similar train program due to end on July 31st, to continue them instead for another 3-6 months, to help lighten people's living expenses burden.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-07-06 footer_n.gif

Good, most don't deserve it. They still turn you down when you tell them where you want to go or still try to charge a flat fee. Screw them, I stopped tipping them they are getting so greedy.

Yeap. Turned down flat by five drivers in a row refusing to use the meter the other day trying to get to the airport. Ended up having to pay a flat fee. No choice. So no tip at the airport; driver seemed glum & sullen about it. Any talk about enforcement of the rules with the occasional token fine or suspension is just a joke on gullible foreigners. I wonder how well the Chinese tip...

Its time to give them a pay-rise...

When they demonstrate they deserve it with uniform quality service.

Here's how Australia deals with their errant Taxi Drivers - yesterdays news

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/police-popup-blitz-on-melbourne-taxis-20150706-gi6gh9.html

Australia's style would have worked had not for the crocked and corrupt police and law

enforcements people, plus, over 200,000 taxis are plying the roads of Bkk, with many fake

licensees, names and the taxis themselves,,,, and sometimes fake police too....

Whilst I am no taxi fan (don"t start me on that) they do have some justification for fare increase.

Again the big corporate boys who control our tollways for example get their increases approved

55% increase in the last 3 years for 3 tollways that I know of.

Taxi flagfall increase in last 3 years 14%. (Please correct me if I am wrong)

Somethings a bit fishy don't you think

Yeap. Turned down flat by five drivers in a row refusing to use the meter the other day trying to get to the airport. Ended up having to pay a flat fee. No choice. So no tip at the airport; driver seemed glum & sullen about it. Any talk about enforcement of the rules with the occasional token fine or suspension is just a joke on gullible foreigners. I wonder how well the Chinese tip...

Use Grab Taxi and you will have no meter problems and pay only 20 baht above the meter price for their good service.