Meeting Results

Hi,

Forgive me if this is already covered, but the sheer size of these threads is making it near-impossible to keep up! :D

Thai Immigration was allegedly holding a meeting (last Friday, Sept 15th??) in which all the details of the new rules would be made clear.

Does anyone know the outcome, have a link to details or know when we're likely to get a valid, clear update??

Sounds like a question for Sunbelt Asia but I would be pleased to see some facts rather than conjecture and opinion. :o

TIA

Mike

Immigration has published the basic rules on there website

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/2notice/newpro.html

I understand that leaves many questions unanswered but believe the exact implementation procedures are still a work in progress. Sunbelt and others have been posting these as they become firmed up but expect there will be many unknowns that will have to be solved in an ongoing manner.

I understand that leaves many questions unanswered but believe the exact implementation procedures are still a work in progress. Sunbelt and others have been posting these as they become firmed up but expect there will be many unknowns that will have to be solved in an ongoing manner.

Thanks Lopburi3 - as you say, they are still a work in progress and I am very dissapointed at the lack of clarity. Still, TIT, I guess! Let's hope we get something solid soon. BTW, should my post be moved to join one of the other threads or is it OK as a new subject? :o Admins would you advise please.

Thanks Lopburi3 - as you say, they are still a work in progress and I am very dissapointed at the lack of clarity. Still, TIT, I guess! Let's hope we get something solid soon. BTW, should my post be moved to join one of the other threads or is it OK as a new subject? :o Admins would you advise please.

YO YOU FROM SURREY! THE ONLY FACTS WE NEED TO KNOW IS YES TIT! Don't leave yourself unprepared ie 2 stamps or more and its best to get out now and get a visa if you are a border runner.Not because they will not give you a extra stamp but so you are able to do things in your own time not just be given 15 or less days to sort your shit out... EVERYTHING ELSE IS DOWN TO YOUR SITUATION IE if you are able to a get a visa here o visa work etc then you would have it now so if you have not then get organised..DON'T BE CAUGHT IN THE RUSH PLANE TICKETS WILL GET A LOT PRICIER SOON WHAT WITH CRIMBO COMMING UP! ALL THE BEST i'am off back to blighty on monday with emirates 34,175 baht..8000 cheaper than thai air and ba etc..one stop in dubai....WHAT EVER THE MEETING COMES UP WITH IT WILL BE DOWN TO INTERPRETATION AT THE BORDER....Hope all ok but shit happens :D

In fact, the new rules themselves essentially codify uncertainty, inexactness and variation in implementation so that any real firmness or consistency should not ever be hoped for as each Immigration point instead progresses to their own individual standard:

Picture_4.jpg

In fact, the new rules themselves essentially codify uncertainty, inexactness and variation in implementation so that any real firmness or consistency should not ever be hoped for as each Immigration point instead progresses to their own individual standard:

Picture_4.jpg

My point exactly! My post was really to enquire whether the results of the meeting were yet known as these MAY, repeat MAY help us all. At present, I'm lucky - going to Thailand in January for 6 months so getting a double-entry Tourist in UK, extending each entry by 30 days maybe even one In/Out at the end to extend to 7 months. I'm looking to the future retirement (O going to OA) and trying to clarify things before I sell up here in UK!! I also have friends in Thailand and am looking out for them too but I guess we're all going to have to "wait and see" a little longer.