What's happened at WWM Co?

Guderian

I'm almost out of bacon so I drove down to the WWM shop on Soi Chayapruek 2 this afternoon (7 July). It was all locked up with the shutters down and a sign saying, "Reopen 6 July". Evidently they didn't. Does anyone know what's going on, why they shut up shop in the first place and when they'll reopen?

It was discussed on another thread a couple of weeks ago that they looked to be on their last legs, sadly looks as if it has become reality.sad.png

Thanks, I must have missed that one. I've been buying my bacon and gammon steaks from them for 5 or 6 years now and I'll be mortified if they close. Great Yorkshire puddings too, and their corned beef makes a nice sandwich.

It was discussed on another thread a couple of weeks ago that they looked to be on their last legs, sadly looks as if it has become reality.sad.png

Thanks, I must have missed that one. I've been buying my bacon and gammon steaks from them for 5 or 6 years now and I'll be mortified if they close. Great Yorkshire puddings too, and their corned beef makes a nice sandwich.

Yeah, me too. See what happens in the next few days.

The staff walked out as they hadn't been paid for quite some time. The Manager says there is a chance of it being resolved and re-opening but isn't sure at the moment.

Thanks for the update. You'd think they might just pay the staff what they owe them and get back to business. They're certainly not making any profit keeping the shop shut.

I went in last week to find most of the shelves/cabinets bare, the lady behind the counter said shop closing!

I have to say the quality has deteriorated over the last year or so,

Cross Sukhumvit to Chaiprul 1 and about 100 yards down on the left is Yorkies, better choices and quality imho.

I went in last week to find most of the shelves/cabinets bare, the lady behind the counter said shop closing!

Cross Sukhumvit to Chaiprul 1 and about 100 yards down on the left is Yorkies, better choices and quality imho.

At twice the price unfortunately!

Not sure about Bacon but I went to WWMCo for their sausages as didn't like any of the other suppliers in Pattaya, also their Thai beef was good (for Thai Beef)

In the past I tried Yorkies bacon and Simple Simon's too, but neither of them was as good as WWM's middle back. That was back in the days when you could buy WWM food in Friendship. I asked Eric why they stopped selling via supermarkets (about 4 or 5 years ago, I think) and he said it was because they were putting (what he considered) too high a mark-up on their foods. It seemed odd to me as his main concern should have been selling his products, not worrying about the likes of Friendship adding a large profit margin. Plus there's plenty of people I know who don't have any transport other than the Baht Buses and Shanks Pony, so visiting their shop on Chaiyapruek 2 is out of the question.

Hint as to y they went broke?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

They recently sold all their equipment.

Primefoodservice.net bought a lot. They have a retail shop on Soi Nernplabwan. I buy sausage and bacon from them.

So where is PrimeFoodService on NPW.

Primefoodservice.net bought a lot. They have a retail shop on Soi Nernplabwan. I buy sausage and bacon from them.

There is a map on their website. It is next to Soi 39/1

There is a map on their website. It is next to Soi 39/1

Thanks

I will give it. a try today

Being an eternal optimist I went to check on WWM again this afternoon and it's all shut up, the company sign has been painted over with white paint and I assume that's it. Oh well, it was good bacon while it lasted.

forget the place.

Thank-you for that really informative post..........

The place is closed! Gone!

what else do you want to know? sorry I dont have any more useless info...

I bet you have.

I enjoyed their bacon until I learnt to cure my own. Half the price, easy and rewarding... give it a try anyone who feels lost without wwm. Plenty of info if you search on here.

May I ask where do u get your nitrate/nitrate/salt peter/curing salt. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Which is of course good news as will be re-opening as The London Pie in a month or two. At least in their Bangkok shop they sell not only pies but bacon, sausages, etc.

Interesting, thanks. They've got a Facebook page and if the Pattaya branch has the same offerings then it looks promising. The trouble is that closing up for several months with no announcements or explanations means that many customers will have started using Yorkies or other butchers shops around the place. It might be hard to get them to come back.