Koh Tao: Trial opens for 2 accused of killing British tourists

webfact

So basically.

NS and/or some of his bouncer thugs/mates had a go off Hannah, likely with a date-rape pill. Possibly feeling rejected by her, on their island, tough pill for their ego to swallow.

David came along and was done with a fistblade attack, and pushed/fell into the sea.

Hannah was then hit in the head with the hoe.

Sean may have been present with David around the time of it happening, but did not go over to the commotion or had left him before.

Sounds about the most plausible case from all the evidence.

coffee1.gif

Case closed

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tinfoil+hat

DLang's version sounds a lot more plausible and credible than two migrant workers high on beer and yaba taking on a westerner twice their size.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/thailand-beach-murders-david-miller-4301833

Ian Miller said its quite likely David was stepping in to assist a girl in trouble. That would be absolutely in his character

He (Sean) posted: I first said I knew he tried to save her. That was a guess, but now Ive seen he didnt leave with that girl he must have stumbled upon what happened and tried to fight them off. Thats the Dave I loved.

Thai detectives yesterday confirmed they are investigating the Sunday Mirrors exclusive report that they were murdered after a row with a local gangster.

Its believed Hannah, from Hemsby, Norfolk, rejected his advances and he may have killed her in a fit of anger and jealousy.

"He must have have stumbled upon what happened and tried to fight -THEM- off"

I do believe Sean knows. I can find Sean's mother on FB with a quick google search, He could have had his family threatened not just himself. My opinion is Sean went to see what was happening and told to get out of there, because he is a druggy and frequent Patron of these bars, he most likely bought/sold drugs there. The mark on his arm wasn't an accident it is a puncture from some kind of pointed weapon.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a trial underway. The defense has to show that whatever evidence the prosecution puts forward does not lead to guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. So far the prosecution has shown very little credible evidence. This is not Perry Mason. The defense is not going have the B2 declared not guilty by proving who really did it.

That is all just a side show... and a parlor game for the ThaiVisa rank-&-file.

So basically.

NS and/or some of his bouncer thugs/mates had a go off Hannah, likely with a date-rape pill. Possibly feeling rejected by her, on their island, tough pill for their ego to swallow.

David came along and was done with a fistblade attack, and pushed/fell into the sea.

Sean may have been present with David around the time of it happening, but did not go over to the commotion or had left him before.

coffee1.gif

Case closed

DLang's version sounds a lot more plausible and credible than two migrant workers high on beer and yaba taking on a westerner twice their size.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/thailand-beach-murders-david-miller-4301833

Ian Miller said “it’s quite likely David was stepping in to assist a girl in trouble. That would be absolutely in his character”

He (Sean) posted: “I first said I knew he tried to save her. That was a guess, but now I’ve seen he didn’t leave with that girl he must have stumbled upon what happened and tried to fight them off. That’s the Dave I loved.”

Thai detectives yesterday confirmed they are investigating the Sunday Mirror’s exclusive report that they were murdered after a row with a local gangster.

It’s believed Hannah, from Hemsby, Norfolk, rejected his advances and he may have killed her in a fit of anger and jealousy.

Date rape drug was certainly a possibility that cannot be ruled out, especially seeing the the RTP Chief said he was not revealing the results of the toxicology reports from the Autopsies due to respect for the families.

In the mean time here's more reports of possible confrontations with locals;

Police in Thailand has also said they are investigating new evidence suggesting the murders may have taken place because of "sexual jealousy".

Police Colonel Kissana Phathanacharoen said: "We have discovered fresh evidence which could lead to a new suspect who may have had a relationship or one night stand with Hannah or one of her friends or David the night before they were killed.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29300765

There is a trial underway. The defense has to show that whatever evidence the prosecution puts forward does not lead to guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. So far the prosecution has shown very little credible evidence. This is not Perry Mason. The defense is not going have the B2 declared not guilty by proving who really did it.

At least some of us farangs want the real perbs brought to book, unlike you and other blind folk protecting crap....Wheres your mate, or mates..?

I have never said the Burmese charged with these crimes are guilty. You talk of the real perps but you don't have one piece of solid evidence that those who you think committed the crimes actually did so although they very well may have done it. So far it's just a lot of psycho-babble.

And I'll say it again -- Those who might commit murder and leave two bodies smack in front of a Koh Tao family's property could quite likely be someone from one of the OTHER four Koh Tao families.

So basically.

coffee1.gif

Case closed

Ian Miller said “it’s quite likely David was stepping in to assist a girl in trouble. That would be absolutely in his character”

He (Sean) posted: “I first said I knew he tried to save her. That was a guess, but now I’ve seen he didn’t leave with that girl he must have stumbled upon what happened and tried to fight them off. That’s the Dave I loved.”

Thai detectives yesterday confirmed they are investigating the Sunday Mirror’s exclusive report that they were murdered after a row with a local gangster.

It’s believed Hannah, from Hemsby, Norfolk, rejected his advances and he may have killed her in a fit of anger and jealousy.

Ok explain this tinfoilers, How come When you think Sean is involved or Knows something its to do with The T2

But when he or the B2 are suspects he knows nothing ?

At least some of us farangs want the real perbs brought to book, unlike you and other blind folk protecting crap....Wheres your mate, or mates..?

I have never said the Burmese charged with these crimes are guilty. You talk of the real perps but you don't have one piece of solid evidence that those who you think committed the crimes actually did so although they very well may have done it. So far it's just a lot of psycho-babble.

And I'll say it again -- Those who might commit murder and leave two bodies smack in front of a Koh Tao family's property could quite likely be someone from one of the OTHER four Koh Tao families.

It is extremely difficult to produce evidence that wasn't searched for in the first instance. The real perps (whomever they might be) is unlikely to walk up to the police station and hand over CCTV footage implicating themselves. If anything, they would destroy such evidence if they could get their hands on it (which wouldn't be too difficult if they owned the CCTV's in question).

Ok explain this tinfoilers, How come When you think Sean is involved or Knows something its to do with The T2

But when he or the B2 are suspects he knows nothing ?

Why don't you explain this first. On every post you now use the term 'tinfoilers'. Why is that, can you not use a strong argument to put your case across or do you always need to revert to an urban dictionary?

Also what makes your theories acceptable such as the one you made about the B2 taking drugs, hinting they sell drugs and Sean believing he was being framed by the B2. Yet any other theories you say are just a conspiracy theory?

Here, I hand you the bat and await your replies.......................

It is extremely difficult to produce evidence that wasn't searched for in the first instance. The real perps (whomever they might be) is unlikely to walk up to the police station and hand over CCTV footage implicating themselves. If anything, they would destroy such evidence if they could get their hands on it (which wouldn't be too difficult if they owned the CCTV's in question).

Nonetheless ...

So basically.

coffee1.gif

Case closed

Date rape drug was certainly a possibility that cannot be ruled out, especially seeing the the RTP Chief said he was not revealing the results of the toxicology reports from the Autopsies due to respect for the families.

Police in Thailand has also said they are investigating new evidence suggesting the murders may have taken place because of "sexual jealousy".

Police Colonel Kissana Phathanacharoen said: "We have discovered fresh evidence which could lead to a new suspect who may have had a relationship or one night stand with Hannah or one of her friends or David the night before they were killed.

Again this could have been a Thai or Burmese

Again this could have been a Thai or Burmese

At what point does anyone mention nationality in the report or in my post, why do you feel the need to raise it?

Those are some interesting scenarios above. However, shortly after the murders took place, I asked, if the locals were involved, why did they not just get a long-tail boat, some rope, and a bunch of heavy cement blocks and dump the weighted-down bodies way out in the gulf.

The answer was generally: Too many people would know.

Oh well, ...

Could be something to do with brain power, but some dooooo know about cash power eh...coffee1.gif

Yes however if you ask who may be likely to murder two UK tourists and leave the bodies near the front porch of a Kho Tao family's business one might say such persons might be those from one of the other four families on the island.

Great theory, but,,,,,,,

Too simple, too clever, this is Thailand after all

I would Love, Love, to hear from forum member "Islandlife". One thing I would as him/her is... How do you know all of this? Sounds to me you either were at the bar that day or know someone who was. Secondly, I'd like to ask why you think it's funny people are upset about the murders of their friends. Check out some of these Beaut's on other farang Koh Tao deaths and he seems to have snark and knowledge on most of them.

post-242185-0-59354500-1437380172_thumb.

post-242185-0-56493000-1437380189_thumb.

post-242185-0-74810100-1437380205_thumb.

I would Love, Love, to hear from forum member "Islandlife". One thing I would as him/her is... How do you know all of this? Sounds to me you either were at the bar that day or know someone who was. Secondly, I'd like to ask why you think it's funny people are upset about the murders of their friends. Check out some of these Beaut's on other farang Koh Tao deaths and he seems to have snark and knowledge on most of them.

Its against forum rules to reveal who he is but I can say he's pretty damn close to the action, send me a pm and I'll be happy to give you the link

The level of english in his posts could pass for a Thai person with a very good level of English.

Those are some interesting scenarios above. However, shortly after the murders took place, I asked, if the locals were involved, why did they not just get a long-tail boat, some rope, and a bunch of heavy cement blocks and dump the weighted-down bodies way out in the gulf.

Oh well, ...

Could be something to do with brain power, but some dooooo know about cash power eh...coffee1.gif

Yes however if you ask who may be likely to murder two UK tourists and leave the bodies near the front porch of a Kho Tao family's business one might say such persons might be those from one of the other four families on the island.

Great theory, but,,,,,,,

Too simple, too clever, this is Thailand after all

... besides, it wouldn't leave much material for the criminal forensic psychologists to write their books on the case.

To GB this was posted by Tony 121 While you were asleep. (quote) See now you are twisting what I am saying I know plenty of good burmese people I Know plenty of good thai people, you all make out there isn't a bad burmese person in thailand and im proving you wrong. Your all saying on the night of the crime there is no way possible they could have taken yaba ? your wrong simple (yaba (meth) explains the murder scene)

So you see when you call me a knave you are incorrect.

I am not spreading gossip I am answering to a previous post. As usual you attack without doing your resarch.

I have no problem with you posting stuff with a differing opinion I have stated previously this makes for a healthy discussion. You really shouldn't take it upon yourself to defend everything others in your camp say. At least not before checking what they have said . Ref :- the last few words in his post

sorry minikev.

I must have shot the wrong guy. My name got dragged into something by others and you were attached to them.

In theory a good suggestion Mr Crab. However so many confusing contradictions. If what you say is the actuallity, then why did Nomsod delay his DNA testing for one full week if he was totally innocent?

In theory a good suggestion Mr Crab. However so many confusing contradictions. If what you say is the actuallity, then why did Nomsod delay his DNA testing for one full week if he was totally innocent?

I haven't the slightest idea.

Who says all the CCTV were out of action. Is it just because the Police has not told everyone everything they have as Evidence?

Which Police Force is the West discusses an ongoing Murder Trail? Would I be close if I say Zero!

The Prosecution still has about 62 Witnesses to call. Do you now who they are? Do you know what they are going to talk about? Do you know what evidence they may present? The Defense Team as about 20 Witnesses to call. Who are they and what are they going to say or present?

You are jumping to conclusions. Lets see how it all unfolds by the end of September, if it goes this long.

In countries with a functioning criminal justice system, the prosecution is obligated to disclose to the defense all evidence that they intend to present at trial. A failure to do so renders such evidence inadmissible. Further (although I admit this is not always followed in practice) the police are supposed to respond to any reasonable request from the defense for access to materials that might exonerate their clients. Keeping everything that happened on Koh Tao that night a secret, and trying to ambush the defense at trial is not normal.

I am not a Lawyer and I don't make the rules in Thailand. When I do come here I try to follow them.

From what I understand the Prosecution is not obligated to give the Defense Diddly Squat. Zero! Nothing! But I think that a Judge ruled in Favor of the Defenses and now they have some, if not all.

In no country I know of do the Police work with the Defense. They work for the Prosecutor. In the same way as if the Defense discovered something that shows there client guilty, they are protected by law to keep it to themselves. The Police would turn that over to the Prosecutor for him to decide.

I think the rules are the same anywhere you my go outside of your country. Either obey the Laws of that Land, or of you don't like them, then don't go their.

No you are wrong. In the UK and Australia and numerous countries that have taken the UK legal system there are times the police prosecutor tries the case and sometimes the prosecutors office tries the case.

In any scenario it is a requirement that police investigate everything to do with the case and provide ALL evidence to the defence in a timely manner. They cannot chose not to include evidence that shows innocence of the accused or is helpful to the accused.

In short the police cannot decide not to give evidence because it hurts their case.

The defence do not have to reciprocate.

But then of course you throw in the old....if you dont like it dont go there. Im sure the accused here did like it and did follow the laws and do accept the laws. What they dont accept is being framed. Who would? Is being set up for murder part of the legal process?

So what you are actually saying is that if you go to Thailand you inow you may be framed for murder and can be given the death penalty for it. If you dont like it then dont come. Roll the dice on your life.

Yep great thinking that is.

I know you're not addressing the question to me Glen, but I guess it was to give his scratches time to heal.

Today's coverage in the Norfolk local paper:

The trial of two men accused of killing Norfolk student Hannah Witheridge is this week expected to focus on the arrest and interrogation of the two Burmese suspects.

Share link
shares
Court timetable

July 22-24 – prosecution

August 18-21 – prosecution

August 27-28 – prosecution

September 1-2 – defence

September 22-24 – defence

September 25 – wrap-up statements.

October – verdict

Lawyers, and possibly the victims’ families, are expected to return to court in Koh Samui as the trial continues of the two suspects accused of killing Miss Witheridge, 23, of Hemsby, near Great Yarmouth, and fellow tourist David Miller, 24, of Jersey.

Burmese migrants Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo, also known as Win Zaw Htun, stand charged with murder and rape on the neighbouring Thai island of Koh Tao.

The Thai media is barely covering the case, apparently having been warned to stay away.

Miss Witheridge’s father and brother and Mr Miller’s family have sat through hours of painstaking and distressing testimony.

image.jpgHannah Witheridge and David Miller.

More than 100 witnesses in total are expected to testify between now and the end of September.

For the defence team, who are all working for free, and include senior members of the Lawyers Council of Thailand, the priority has been to retest the DNA evidence taken from the scene. The defence believes the DNA evidence has been contaminated. However, it has only been partially successful in its demands.

Police Lieutenant-Colonel Somsak Nurod, the Chief of Police for Koh Tao and Koh Phangnan islands, caused consternation when he was quoted as saying crucial DNA evidence had been “lost”.

He later clarified that all DNA evidence gathered at the scene had been used up in testing. Later the defence team was told only single swabs had been taken from Miss Witheridge’s and Mr Miller’s bodies and they were no longer viable for testing.

However, permission was granted to test the alleged murder weapon, a garden hoe. An employee at an adjacent resort claimed in court that he had found it, after discovering the bodies on the beach; washed it, and moved it to his vegetable patch.

He said police later gave him a rubber glove and told him to put it back where he had found it. The hoe was never properly forensically tested.

Other crucial evidence, revealed for the first time in court, included the police doctor’s finding that none of Miss Witheridge’s DNA was found on Mr Miller’s body, but a two-inch long blonde hair was found clutched in Miss Witheridge’s hand with the root still attached.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/hannah_witheridge_and_david_miller_thai_murder_trial_to_focus_on_migrants_arrest_1_4159352

I cannot completely eliminate the possibility that Sean was lying about staying in bed all night. However, he was known on the island. I find it quite unlikely that he could have wandered around, meeting David, and no one he knew saw him, and he avoided all the CCTV cameras.

The answer to your question as to why Sean ran from the island is pretty obvious. He had upset Mon, and fully believed that the Koh Tao mafia was capable of killing him. His claim that Mon wanted to frame him for the murders may also be genuine. This was well before the Burmese kids were chosen as scapegoats. Do you really think Sean's panicked phone calls and Facebook post from the 7-11 the night before he left was some kind of act? That is not to say he does not know who the real killers are. He quite likely does. I doubt he has evidence. Speculation: after escaping from Thailand, he may have been given money to keep quiet.

So why randomly pick Sean someone who knew David ? What are the Odds of picking a random westerner and that person being connected to the victim ?

In this article Mon explains why he went after sean

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-now-rule-koh-tao-headmans-son-murder-suspect-turn-foreign-tourists-probe

He had blood on his Guitar in the interview with the media (he could of put his own blood on it on purpose as a cover story its almost as if he is showing it off)

Firstly, I think we are in agreement that the choice of Sean was not random. Sean knew Mon quite well, and Mon was well aware that Sean was a "friend" of David's. One floated theory, when considering Sean as a scapegoat, was to present it as a crime of jealousy (i.e. a love triangle involving Sean, David and Hannah). This was laughable, considering Sean hardly knew Hannah, and wisely not pursued.

I am well aware of Mon's story about the blood cleanup in a spa by someone who apparently did not want to talk to police. I wonder which spa was open at about 4:00 am (the supposed time of the murder) and how Sean avoided being caught on any CCTV. I do not fully believe Sean's version of events either, but Mon's statement is a load of manure.

Oh well, ...

I would suggest that this was the result of an extremely poor choice of getaway boat driver.

Beachfront Murders 101: When selecting a getaway boat driver it is wise to avoid the guy who brings his meth pipe to the interview and whose home address refers to a cave... e.g. "Cave No. 7, 23/14 Moo 5....." It is a well-known fact that tweakers spook easily and have a habit of forgetting things... like some rope... and a bunch of heavy cement blocks...

The guy probably took one look at the bloodbath of a crime scene and said the Thai equivalent of "What the <deleted>...! I never signed up for this sh*t... I'll take the skinny dude who's still alive but I ain't taking them other two. Why don't you try Uber..." and got the hell out of there, only to realize a short time later that he'd also forgotten to bring the map, and so had to ask for directions...

Now admittedly there is a labor shortage in Thailand at the moment, so maybe there weren't many options available to the perps, but I think it's safe to say they won't be making this mistake next time...

The trial of two men accused of killing Norfolk student Hannah Witheridge is this week expected to focus on the arrest and interrogation of the two Burmese suspects.

Court timetable

July 22-24 – prosecution

September 1-2 – defence

October – verdict

Lawyers, and possibly the victims’ families, are expected to return to court in Koh Samui as the trial continues of the two suspects accused of killing Miss Witheridge, 23, of Hemsby, near Great Yarmouth, and fellow tourist David Miller, 24, of Jersey.

Burmese migrants Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo, also known as Win Zaw Htun, stand charged with murder and rape on the neighbouring Thai island of Koh Tao.

The Thai media is barely covering the case, apparently having been warned to stay away.

Miss Witheridge’s father and brother and Mr Miller’s family have sat through hours of painstaking and distressing testimony.

idge and David Miller.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/hannah_witheridge_and_david_miller_thai_murder_trial_to_focus_on_migrants_arrest_1_4159352

Finally some news. So if it goes according to this report and the prosecution is focusing on the arrest and interrogation of the B2 be prepared for more farcical and seriously flawed evidence presented. Can't wait to hear what the rotti seller has to say and also the questions from the defense which should include why the RTP refused to meet the Human RightsTeam to answer the allegations of torture of the B2.

Court timetable

July 22-24 – prosecution

September 1-2 – defence

October – verdict

idge and David Miller.

Finally some news. So if it goes according to this report and the prosecution is focusing on the arrest and interrogation of the B2 be prepared for more farcical and seriously flawed evidence presented. Can't wait to hear what the rotti seller has to say and also the questions from the defense which should include why the RTP refused to meet the Human RightsTeam to answer the allegations of torture of the B2.

Also good to see it in print by a reputable newspaper that the Thai media have been warned to stay away.

I cannot completely eliminate the possibility that Sean was lying about staying in bed all night. However, he was known on the island. I find it quite unlikely that he could have wandered around, meeting David, and no one he knew saw him, and he avoided all the CCTV cameras.

The answer to your question as to why Sean ran from the island is pretty obvious. He had upset Mon, and fully believed that the Koh Tao mafia was capable of killing him. His claim that Mon wanted to frame him for the murders may also be genuine. This was well before the Burmese kids were chosen as scapegoats. Do you really think Sean's panicked phone calls and Facebook post from the 7-11 the night before he left was some kind of act? That is not to say he does not know who the real killers are. He quite likely does. I doubt he has evidence. Speculation: after escaping from Thailand, he may have been given money to keep quiet.

So why randomly pick Sean someone who knew David ? What are the Odds of picking a random westerner and that person being connected to the victim ?

In this article Mon explains why he went after sean

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-now-rule-koh-tao-headmans-son-murder-suspect-turn-foreign-tourists-probe

He had blood on his Guitar in the interview with the media (he could of put his own blood on it on purpose as a cover story its almost as if he is showing it off)

Firstly, I think we are in agreement that the choice of Sean was not random. Sean knew Mon quite well, and Mon was well aware that Sean was a "friend" of David's. One floated theory, when considering Sean as a scapegoat, was to present it as a crime of jealousy (i.e. a love triangle involving Sean, David and Hannah). This was laughable, considering Sean hardly knew Hannah, and wisely not pursued.

I am well aware of Mon's story about the blood cleanup in a spa by someone who apparently did not want to talk to police. I wonder which spa was open at about 4:00 am (the supposed time of the murder) and how Sean avoided being caught on any CCTV. I do not fully believe Sean's version of events either, but Mon's statement is a load of manure.

It was claimed A women who works in a spa helped him clean the blood not in spa. im not sure if this is the same women he claimed help get him of the island

alot of interesting stuff on Sean here

https://crimesontheblog.wordpress.com/tag/sean-mcanna/

Also has anyone got a photo of NS on koh Tao ? Not date specific just on Koh tao ?

Also good to see it in print by a reputable newspaper that the Thai media have been warned to stay away.

You left out 'apparently' that they have been warned to stay away. And 'Staff Reporters' as source for the copy -- do they have persons stationed on Koh Samui or is this from Reuters, maybe.

Archived