Koh Tao: Trial opens for 2 accused of killing British tourists

webfact

This timing is crucial evidence (if substantiated). Allowing a leeway from friends who presumably were wired or tired, let's suppose they left at 3.30 am. Not unreasonable? By the time they meandered to the beach, settled down to talk or otherwise, it could be 4 a.m or even later.

Who would be awake at that time?

Possibly those still at the club/bar, and maybe a few insomniacs, or even early starters like fishermen and menial cleaners. The B2 were left to their own devices at 1 am when their friend took a third bottle of beer to them. Would they still be on the beach three hours later at 4 a.m, knowing that they had to work the next day, no more beer, and nothing happening? Possibly, but unlikely.

A witness stated he found the B2 ASLEEP in their beds at 5 a.m. Given a run back to their abode, that leaves a maximum window of less than ONE hour to commit rape and murder.

Not impossible, but unlikely that any stable person would be able to sleep following that horrific crime. What can be discounted is that they were high on Ya Ba, which is a keep-awake drug.

Another example of reasonable doubt?

tony responds: -

The crime happens at 4.am so you can discount Yaba which is a keep awake drug ? do you read the crap you write ?

A witness finding them in Bed at 5am who goes and checks on there friends at 5 in the morning ? if they were asleep how did the witness get in the room ?

It's factual, Tony. Read up on it. And that's being polite.

One would assume that someone who lives somewhere has the means to get into it without requiring their roommates to open the door.

I think I read someplace there was 5 to a room. If only 1 key I would think the last man out hides the key under the planter or someplace like that. If someone is home he leaves the door unlocked.

If some work in a Bar, which I would think when it is busy, they wouldn't start until the afternoon. If in the hotel for cleaning, starting in the morning, and in the coffee shop maybe early morning. The point being they did not all start or finish work at the same time if they had different jobs

Last I heard the murders took place between 2 am and 4 am. But not sure if this this been updated.

Last time David and Hannah were seen together was at the AC Bar. I never so a media Report which said the time they left. But they may have some CCTV Footage that will clear that up,

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This timing is crucial evidence (if substantiated). Allowing a leeway from friends who presumably were wired or tired, let's suppose they left at 3.30 am. Not unreasonable? By the time they meandered to the beach, settled down to talk or otherwise, it could be 4 a.m or even later.

Possibly those still at the club/bar, and maybe a few insomniacs, or even early starters like fishermen and menial cleaners. The B2 were left to their own devices at 1 am when their friend took a third bottle of beer to them. Would they still be on the beach three hours later at 4 a.m, knowing that they had to work the next day, no more beer, and nothing happening? Possibly, but unlikely.

A witness stated he found the B2 ASLEEP in their beds at 5 a.m. Given a run back to their abode, that leaves a maximum window of less than ONE hour to commit rape and murder.

Not impossible, but unlikely that any stable person would be able to sleep following that horrific crime. What can be discounted is that they were high on Ya Ba, which is a keep-awake drug.

The crime happens at 4.am so you can discount Yaba which is a keep awake drug ? do you read the crap you write ?

A witness finding them in Bed at 5am who goes and checks on there friends at 5 in the morning ? if they were asleep how did the witness get in the room ?

One would assume that someone who lives somewhere has the means to get into it without requiring their roommates to open the door.

I think I read someplace there was 5 to a room. If only 1 key I would think the last man out hides the key under the planter or someplace like that. If someone is home he leaves the door unlocked.

If some work in a Bar, which I would think when it is busy, they wouldn't start until the afternoon. If in the hotel for cleaning, starting in the morning, and in the coffee shop maybe early morning. The point being they did not all start or finish work at the same time if they had different jobs

Last I heard the murders took place between 2 am and 4 am. But not sure if this this been updated.

Last time David and Hannah were seen together was at the AC Bar. I never so a media Report which said the time they left. But they may have some CCTV Footage that will clear that up,

That would be the ac bar cctv footage that Mon refused to hand over to the police, saying it was 'private property' iirc? Convenient

Thank you. My life doesn't need advice from you.

The reason you guys post so much on here is that at least you know that at least somebody will be reading your stuff.

First sentence - no offence meant.

Second sentence - up to them, I post my opinions - and I will defend them. That's normal on a forum, isn't it?.

I have many times disagree with your opinions but have also frequently referred to you as Mr. Terry as a sign of respect. And my posts, whatever their number, are usually short.

While your posts are short, your 'respect' is B/S. You think I've arrived on the banana boat? Mr. Terry says this, blah, blah, and Mr Terry says that, blah, blah - do me a favour and look in the mirror.

I guess you're not going to read my books now....

If this KT case digresses similar to the case which fell apart several years ago, re; the young farang tourist lady who was murdered, First court case: scapegoats released. Second court case: actual killers found guilty and sentenced.....

....anyhow, if some of the men connected to the Headman are indicted later on, let's see if they'll be treated like the Burmese were treated, while awaiting, and during their trial period, which, for the B2, is stretching to a year, at minimum. I'm referring to such things as:

>>> no bail

>>> shackled with heavy 3/8" chains (the type of chain you might use to tow an overladen semi-truck)

>>> same food, same prison garb

>>> same restriction on visitors, etc.

-----------------------------------

side note: 'a Thai could never do such a crime.' Right, take a peek at this article and video, from two years ago.

Personally, I doubt very much that NS would take on David Miller or that he would use the hoe on Hannah. Having said that, we have established that there are others (workers, bodyguards etc) that does the bidding of their masters.

all there workers and bodyguards but they cant find anyone to help dispose of 2 Bodies ?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tinfoil+hat

Is your keyboard stuck?

No just giving questions that none of the conspiracy theorist tinfoilers can give reasonable answers too,

To give you an answer to your question, there is no need to dispose of the bodies.

Firstly, it would be getting light. If they were to try and take the bodies out to sea, there is a possibility that they might be seen throwing the bodies over the boat into the water.

Secondly, the bodies might well be washed back to shore in which case it would almost certainly exclude any Burmese migrant workers of being the criminals.

Thirdly, if you felt you were untouchable, it would be doing extra (risky) work for nothing.

Now I ask you, why bother disposing of the bodies?

p/s: please stop with the tin foil hat stuff. It's getting boring and prevents you from being a credible poster.

I was told by a guy in bar in Chaweng the other week, (seriously) that there had been quite a few young girl backpackers roofied over the years.

Also a good few woken in a right state and not knowing what they had been doing put it down to a heavy night and just carried on, but at least some has been to the local plod and not been taken seriously, even laughed at.

And that it was an unspoken fact amongst some of the locals who knew this, but chose to disregard it as not anything they could do about it.

Im sure ive read at least one account of this on here since the murders, i dont think its beyond the realms of possbility there was a gang of locals/etc carrying this out with relative inpunity.

I feel that Mon and NS have as much right to defend themselves as the B2 do don't you ?

Is everyone innocent proven to guilty ?

And I am no RTP apologist we only need to see what went on with them under Thaksins control, and most people agree they need to reform,

One post from you I agree with. If they were on trial, I would have the same opinion. But they are not, the B2 are, and the case against the latter is frankly skewed at best, and false at worse. That's what the majority of posters on here are incensed about. The B2 are not being given the right to defend themselves, because their team is being thwarted at every stage by the RTP.

Call that justice? I don't.

As I have said before I will judge the case when it ends or collapses,

The police have let observers from the UK and the Burmese embassy observe the case the Family of the victims also believe think they have the right people.

and i put my trust more in all the above groups than some tinfoilers.

As many on here have mentioned, try to read up on the subject a bit more. The families of the victims stated that the RTP "seems" to have a convincing case. I would say the same if I have been told that there is undisputed DNA evidence plus eye witness reports. However, that's not the case today is it?

Why are you so certain that the B2 are the real perps? What evidence have you seen / read / heard that removes any reasonable doubt? Kindly share so that us so called tinfoilers can change our views. I for one would be shouting from the rooftops to have the B2 executed if it is proven beyond reasonable doubt that they killed and raped and mutilated these two poor innocent souls.

Tony if you read up on this case you will see that the witness was the third occupant in the room with the accused, he would have had a key of his own, no need to be let in.

Tony if you read up on this case you will see that the witness was the third occupant in the room with the accused, he would have had a key of his own, no need to be let in.

Tony reminds me a lot of jdinaisa in the a lot of his posts merely serves to obfuscate without paying heed to the factualities behind it. Main difference is that jdinasia is a lot more eloquent and a lot less vulgar (as well as being a lot more up to date).

In the absence of any substantiated, verified, validated DNA samples, there are footprints at the crime scene. Are any of those matched to the B2? If not, why is this case continuing? Did they fly in and out while committing the rape and murders?

If that's not a case for reasonable doubt, what is?

FSS, can't the lot of you stop with your innuendos, B grade rhetoric, unfounded perceptions, and whining about what the other said.

You're worse than a bunch of <deleted> girls.

Is it just possible to stick with substantiated reports rather than concocting elaborate BS and the like which pisses most of us off.

This is the one and only thread and it seems to be weighted with too much 'what ifs', deflection and antagonistic posts set to rile another.

Proceedings begin again on Wednesday as I understand.

Is it possible just to write specifics pertinent to the case.

Please?

Tony reminds me a lot of jdinaisa in the a lot of his posts merely serves to obfuscate without paying heed to the factualities behind it. Main difference is that jdinasia is a lot more eloquent and a lot less vulgar (as well as being a lot more up to date).

So its fact because there roommate said it ?

My roommate has just told 9/11 was an inside job does that make it fact ?

thats the same room they found 4 iphones 2 with smashed screens (stolen goods) not much of a character witness.

but if it helps your conspiracy crack on !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_foil_hat

FSS, can't the lot of you stop with your innuendos, B grade rhetoric, unfounded perceptions, and whining about what the other said.

Is it just possible to stick with substantiated reports rather than concocting elaborate BS and the like which pisses most of us off.

This is the one and only thread and it seems to be weighted with too much 'what ifs', deflection and antagonistic posts set to rile another.

Please?

Maybe if you asked politely instead of littering your post with unnecessary profanities.

In any case, I feel that my posts are pertinent, even if you think they are not. If you only want to have substantiated reports and only specifics pertinent to the case, then you should put on ignore all posters other than the mods who are only posting news reports.

Alternatively, you could have directed your posts at specific posters rather than tarring everyone with the same brush.

thats the same room they found 4 iphones 2 with smashed screens (stolen goods) not much of a character witness.

Seems like you are really losing the plot. The third Burmese (Maung?) was reported as being a room mate to the B2. What exactly is it that you are disputing here? That he doesn't have a key? Or that he's not their room mate? Or that he said he returned to the room at 5 am and saw the B2 sleeping?

Honestly, if you want to be taken seriously, try to exhibit a bit more intelligence in your posts. Posting links from wikipedia and urbandict does not make you appear intelligent.

Ooops, Tony, what did we tell you to read up about, its also a fact that is being used by the prosecution case to back up their story of the events of the night with the B2

Please?

Maybe if you asked politely instead of littering your post with unnecessary profanities.

In any case, I feel that my posts are pertinent, even if you think they are not. If you only want to have substantiated reports and only specifics pertinent to the case, then you should put on ignore all posters other than the mods who are only posting news reports.

Alternatively, you could have directed your posts at specific posters rather than tarring everyone with the same brush.

Yes, you are correct however I did ask politely last night.

For what it's worth, your posts are sound as with most others. It's the ones in the other camp that I'm pissed about.

There's just too much rubbish on here to discern what is plausible info and what has been contrived.

Please?

Yes, you are correct however I did ask politely last night.

For what it's worth, your posts are sound as with most others. It's the ones in the other camp that I'm pissed about.

There's just too much rubbish on here to discern what is plausible info and what has been contrived.

In that case kind sir, I will retract my rather pointy statements. No offense was meant and I hope my apology is accepted.

To give you an answer to your question, there is no need to dispose of the bodies.

Firstly, it would be getting light. If they were to try and take the bodies out to sea, there is a possibility that they might be seen throwing the bodies over the boat into the water.

Secondly, the bodies might well be washed back to shore in which case it would almost certainly exclude any Burmese migrant workers of being the criminals.

Thirdly, if you felt you were untouchable, it would be doing extra (risky) work for nothing.

p/s: please stop with the tin foil hat stuff. It's getting boring and prevents you from being a credible poster.

Firstly, it doesn't get light till about 5:30 plenty of time to get the bodies and hoe onto a longtail less than ten minutes to get out the bay another twenty minutes you would be in a perfect place to dump a body.

secondly, The so called mafia family have lived on the island afor generations and you think they have no clue how the tides work ?

Thirdly, Then why would NS have to flee the island wouldn't it be less suspicious to stay there if he had been on the island ?

P/s try being a bit more respectful and I will stop the tinfoil abuse.

t

A key huh? All of the Burmese construction workers in Chiang Mai and Bangkok I've seen live in tin roofed temporary shacks with either no door at all, or a cruder tin door to match. Most likely they're place was open door, you know, small quiet, safe island it is, why would some migrants need to lock their doors? There's no fence around their place.

A key huh? All of the Burmese construction workers in Chiang Mai and Bangkok I've seen live in tin roofed temporary shacks with either no door at all, or a cruder tin door to match. Most likely they're place was open door, you know, small quiet, safe island it is, why would some migrants need to lock their doors? There's no fence around their place.

They were staying in rooms based on the resort

A few people on here seem to be harping out the same message as The convicted nonce Sean

And I quote

"No one believes it was the 2 Burmese guys and anyone who believes it would be Stupid "

https://crimesontheblog.wordpress.com/category/koh-tao-sept-2014/the-players-more/sean-mcanna/

Sean claims he slept through the whole night and claims he didn't know it was David till 3 days after the crime so how can he prove they had no involvement ?

They could of been made to help NS we all know how badly VIP treat Burmese.

again smells fishy I also think, as Sean liked to post a lot of shit about the case on Facebook that there is a good chance Sean the kiddie porn lover is one of you !

Tony it seems you're losing the plot a bit and getting rather aggressive with your posts, possibly trying to provoke a reaction, can't think why else.

We wouldn't want to see you get a temporary ban now would we!

Please?

I thought the purpose of this forum was to discuss and debate the news articles posted by the moderators, or have I misunderstood?

A few people on here seem to be harping out the same message as The convicted nonce Sean

And I quote

"No one believes it was the 2 Burmese guys and anyone who believes it would be Stupid "

https://crimesontheblog.wordpress.com/category/koh-tao-sept-2014/the-players-more/sean-mcanna/

Sean claims he slept through the whole night and claims he didn't know it was David till 3 days after the crime so how can he prove they had no involvement ?

They could of been made to help NS we all know how badly VIP treat Burmese.

again smells fishy I also think, as Sean liked to post a lot of shit about the case on Facebook that there is a good chance Sean the kiddie porn lover is one of you !

Tony it seems you're losing the plot a bit and getting rather aggressive with your posts, possibly trying to provoke a reaction, can't think why else.

We wouldn't want to see you get a temporary ban now would we!

There is a good chance Sean (nonce ) is one of the poster on here, don't you think he will be following the case ? btw Sean being a nonce is fact as he has been convicted for kiddie porn.

Not Aggressive just my first way of finding out which one of you is Sean

Well it seems we know which one is Mon.

Nope, can't see a Mon here, he's too far above farang chatter too care or he has a English speaking/typing schill. Also not bright enough to reply here coherently. Sean most likely checks I here but never posts.

Sean is a Nonce, and I don't see Tony as being anything other than a non native English speaker who hasn't a clue.

I would Love, Love, to hear from forum member "Islandlife". One thing I would as him/her is... How do you know all of this? Sounds to me you either were at the bar that day or know someone who was. Secondly, I'd like to ask why you think it's funny people are upset about the murders of their friends. Check out some of these Beaut's on other farang Koh Tao deaths and he seems to have snark and knowledge on most of them.

The level of english in his posts could pass for a Thai person with a very good level of English.

He isn't Thai but he's not a native English speaker either

Firstly, it doesn't get light till about 5:30 plenty of time to get the bodies and hoe onto a longtail less than ten minutes to get out the bay another twenty minutes you would be in a perfect place to dump a body.

secondly, The so called mafia family have lived on the island afor generations and you think they have no clue how the tides work ?

Thirdly, Then why would NS have to flee the island wouldn't it be less suspicious to stay there if he had been on the island ?

P/s try being a bit more respectful and I will stop the tinfoil abuse.

t

Firstly, not even the police can pinpoint the time of death so your assumption that David and Hannah were killed before 5:30 am could be right or wrong.

Secondly, tides go in and out. Go to a beach someday. You will see debris washed in from the sea.

Thirdly, it's always prudent to have an alibi. I can't very well have committed the Great Train Robbery is I wasn't even born at that time, could I?

Fourthly, would be nice if you would try to answer a direct question (why bother disposing of the bodies), preferably coherently.

" I know which way your bread is buttered. Hmm.. Sounds eerily similar to a quote another member loves to use... "Islandlife" has used that quote twice in response to people on these threads. Perhaps coincidence.

For the record, "knows which way his bread is buttered" must be some old English slang? Never herd that term in this tense before.

IIRC, Islandlife's English was of a (slightly) lower standard than our latest RTP defender so I don't think they are one and the same.

As to which way my bread is buttered, that's simple enough - the company that I work for pays me a monthly salary for the job that I do for them. What would be more interesting is whether Tony gets paid for / or has a vested interest in trying to deflect this thread.

There is a trial underway. The defense has to show that whatever evidence the prosecution puts forward does not lead to guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. So far the prosecution has shown very little credible evidence. This is not Perry Mason. The defense is not going have the B2 declared not guilty by proving who really did it.

That is all just a side show... and a parlor game for the ThaiVisa rank-&-file.

At least some of us farangs want the real perbs brought to book, unlike you and other blind folk protecting crap....Wheres your mate, or mates..?

I have never said the Burmese charged with these crimes are guilty. You talk of the real perps but you don't have one piece of solid evidence that those who you think committed the crimes actually did so although they very well may have done it. So far it's just a lot of psycho-babble.

And I'll say it again -- Those who might commit murder and leave two bodies smack in front of a Koh Tao family's property could quite likely be someone from one of the OTHER four Koh Tao families.

In theory a good suggestion Mr Crab. However so many confusing contradictions. If what you say is the actuallity, then why did Nomsod delay his DNA testing for one full week if he was totally innocent?

This has been discussed many times before. If you were in Nomsods and his dad shoes with all the media attention you would do the same thing.

Nomsod thought he had already been cleared thanks to the CCTV footage placing him in Bangkok . But then social media starts to question the CCTV images if they had been faked. So finally they agreed to do the DNA test so everyone could stop chasing him. So he was cleared again , but since nobody here want to trust RTP and DNA labs in Thailand Nomsod in your eyes is still a suspect.

In my eyes, he has been cleared.

Archived