Koh Tao: Trial opens for 2 accused of killing British tourists

webfact

To give you an answer to your question, there is no need to dispose of the bodies.

Firstly, it would be getting light. If they were to try and take the bodies out to sea, there is a possibility that they might be seen throwing the bodies over the boat into the water.

Secondly, the bodies might well be washed back to shore in which case it would almost certainly exclude any Burmese migrant workers of being the criminals.

Thirdly, if you felt you were untouchable, it would be doing extra (risky) work for nothing.

Now I ask you, why bother disposing of the bodies?

p/s: please stop with the tin foil hat stuff. It's getting boring and prevents you from being a credible poster.

Firstly, it doesn't get light till about 5:30 plenty of time to get the bodies and hoe onto a longtail less than ten minutes to get out the bay another twenty minutes you would be in a perfect place to dump a body.

secondly, The so called mafia family have lived on the island afor generations and you think they have no clue how the tides work ?

Thirdly, Then why would NS have to flee the island wouldn't it be less suspicious to stay there if he had been on the island ?

P/s try being a bit more respectful and I will stop the tinfoil abuse.

t

Firstly, not even the police can pinpoint the time of death so your assumption that David and Hannah were killed before 5:30 am could be right or wrong.

Secondly, tides go in and out. Go to a beach someday. You will see debris washed in from the sea.

Thirdly, it's always prudent to have an alibi. I can't very well have committed the Great Train Robbery is I wasn't even born at that time, could I?

Fourthly, would be nice if you would try to answer a direct question (why bother disposing of the bodies), preferably coherently.

Ok sorry some time before 6 o'clock when the bodies where discovered

secondly there is a thing called currents l its an island not a coastline,

http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=310&sty=m_spot

Thirdly go back to to your thirdly again.

Fourthly what question do you want me to answer? and the last comment just shows you are losing the discussion.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nomsod is shown as 'Running Man' videos, at 5 am on the morning of the crime. Not just me seeing him in those videos, it's also the first team of police investigators (the team which was actually following evidence to see where it led), ....and hundreds of thousands of concerned observers. I bet if Mon could wave a magic wand and make one added bit of evidence disappear - it would be those incriminating CCTV's. NS should be in prison with no bail - along with some of his tough guy buddies. Yea, the guys wearing shark-tooth rings, posing with guns, posing with hoes after the crime - with little smirks on their faces.

If you think RTP and the prosecutors blew it in the first 3 days of the trial - wait for the upcoming days. You ain't seen nothin' yet.

I hope moderator can keep a close eye to this thread now. Again we see personal attacks on members with another opinion.

And new members like Darkknight , been here for 7 days and already an expert in this case. Why not just post under you real TV name?

I've never felt the urge to post here before. Unfortunately the sickness of this case draws me.

Sorry bout that, as soon as we have Justice for David and Hannah you can continue your pursuit of nefariousness. Anyone objecting outside attention at this point proves the attention is damning.

I hope moderator can keep a close eye to this thread now. Again we see personal attacks on members with another opinion.

And new members like Darkknight , been here for 7 days and already an expert in this case. Why not just post under you real TV name?

I've never felt the urge to post here before. Unfortunately the sickness of this case draws me.

Sorry bout that, as soon as we have Justice for David and Hannah you can continue your pursuit of nefariousness. Anyone objecting outside attention at this point proves the attention is damning.

Nomsod is shown as 'Running Man' videos, at 5 am on the morning of the crime. Not just me seeing him in those videos, it's also the first team of police investigators (the team which was actually following evidence to see where it led), ....and hundreds of thousands of concerned observers. I bet if Mon could wave a magic wand and make one added bit of evidence disappear - it would be those incriminating CCTV's. NS should be in prison with no bail - along with some of his tough guy buddies. Yea, the guys wearing shark-tooth rings, posing with guns, posing with hoes after the crime - with little smirks on their faces.

If you think RTP and the prosecutors blew it in the first 3 days of the trial - wait for the upcoming days. You ain't seen nothin' yet.

The footage is from the Ac Bar which is all part of the same family. So why would they give it to the police ?

Hopefully there will be some startling revelations, once we get to the accounts of the "investigation"

Who is this?

Another great tinfoiler piece of evidence you do know that the footage is from one of the cameras at AC bar ?

So now lets have an explanation why would Mon or his brother give the footage to the police ?and again when he was meant to be threatening Sean why did he Film it ?

Umm? Because they asked for it? Nothing to hide - nothing to be afraid of!

Did he film it? I thought it was either 711 CTV footage, or from Sean's mobile phone(assuming we are referring to the episode in the 711)

If you ignore the idea that there are strings being pulled from high above and return to basics - manipulating the crime scene.

There are some posters who seem to find this completely implausible, yet the world is awash with cases of planted evidence, mixed up DNA samples and various other unethical practices - google it. It is also noted that it is not difficult to do this. (Coffee cups and cigarette butts are a go to example in many articles, for crude evidence planting, incidentally).

Once more, let it be noted that it was the local cops, that started at the crime scene, plus other locals were tramping across it and, there was no forensic pathologist at the scene collecting the samples, as per protocol.

SO forget all the theories and stories, but what is so hard to understand about this??? I don't want you to say, "Ah ok, now i see, I change my stance",

but a SIMPLE ADMISSION that the manipulation of the crime scene is not so unbelievable or difficult to achieve, especially when the correct personnel were not even there to oversee it. Chain of custody as Thailandchili mentioned earlier.

Again, just a simple acknowledgement that the crime scene could easily have been tampered with and evidence could have been planted, as has happened in other instances, in the US for example. You don't need to change your stance.

Your concern would be more concerning if the two were already suspects when the evidence was gathered at the crime scene but they were not. So it is very implausible to think their semen was planted inside the victim along with other DNA collected from the scene only to have police make fools of themselves for weeks accusing others and making idiotic assumptions prior to catching one of this group leaving the island and questioning them.

If the motive was to not make them (police) look bad or to have Thailand look bad or tourism to the island be hurt then this would make no sense as the results were just the opposite and very controllable by police who could have pinned this on anyone early on if that was their goal or could have arrested these two immediately after if they were framing them from the get go.

The evidence (DNA) collected at the crime scene would have been run and reports shared with dozens of people on various computers and in various reports. The only way without them planting these two DNA at the scene initially to accomplish a frame up would be to get rid of all these original reports and eliminate all those with access (including all the techs at the labs) from being able to speak out.

Is there some other plausible theory that would get their semen inside the victim? A mismanaged crime scene or improper collection or contamination would not cause their semen to be found in the victim. Only thing I can think of is the police have lied and the prosecutors and labs are part of the lie in stating the it was their DNA / Semen that matched ... again another fairly vast conspiracy would need to take place.

Good Post John. As usual it make good logical sense, so probably why it will be attacked here.

I looked into the possibility of the conspiracy theory and having 2 scapegoats that many say took there place. But the one thing that stands out above the rest is "Why Bother?".

I mean that if there was even a shed of truth to this why bother to plant evidence, involving several people committing a criminal act to frame 2 poor migrant Workers? I mean a guy like Al Capone...maybe. But 2 Migrants Works who they could have accused the second day after the murders but it took 2 weeks to solve.

They could have swept this under the rug ages ago, if that is what they wanted. Say that they are sorry that they don't have a DNA Match so the culprits must have left the Island already. Case Closed! Just another Unsolved Murder Case which are many all over the world, and by now nobody would even be talking about it.

No! This does not make any logical sense to frame anyone here. It is far more Logical to bury this then frame 2 innocent men which many here have said they have done. Why I now will also get attacked to because it makes Good Logical Sense. ,

If you have a very valuable tourist industry to protect having rapists and muderers of tourists on the loose is not good for business.

Much better to blame non-thais.

Jesus-are we really back to week one?

There is a trial underway. The defense has to show that whatever evidence the prosecution puts forward does not lead to guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. So far the prosecution has shown very little credible evidence. This is not Perry Mason. The defense is not going have the B2 declared not guilty by proving who really did it.

That is all just a side show... and a parlor game for the ThaiVisa rank-&-file.

At least some of us farangs want the real perbs brought to book, unlike you and other blind folk protecting crap....Wheres your mate, or mates..?

I have never said the Burmese charged with these crimes are guilty. You talk of the real perps but you don't have one piece of solid evidence that those who you think committed the crimes actually did so although they very well may have done it. So far it's just a lot of psycho-babble.

And I'll say it again -- Those who might commit murder and leave two bodies smack in front of a Koh Tao family's property could quite likely be someone from one of the OTHER four Koh Tao families.

In theory a good suggestion Mr Crab. However so many confusing contradictions. If what you say is the actuallity, then why did Nomsod delay his DNA testing for one full week if he was totally innocent?

This has been discussed many times before. If you were in Nomsods and his dad shoes with all the media attention you would do the same thing.

Nomsod thought he had already been cleared thanks to the CCTV footage placing him in Bangkok . But then social media starts to question the CCTV images if they had been faked. So finally they agreed to do the DNA test so everyone could stop chasing him. So he was cleared again , but since nobody here want to trust RTP and DNA labs in Thailand Nomsod in your eyes is still a suspect.

In my eyes, he has been cleared.

Where did you get your information that NS thought he had been cleared until social media started on him so he agreed to dna?

Did he tell you that or is it tinfoil hat made up opinion with no facts to back it up.

I followed this case daily, based on thai media reports and social media , it's not difficult to understand the timing of the DNA test that was done after all the media attention they got . They did it to clear his name, but it backfired because of the delay .

But it doesnt matter in this case since RTP and their DNA analysis is not accepted as evidence , its all planted and faked according to you guys,

if NS was the murderer why did he flee the island but leave the bodies and all the evidence there ?, he would have needed a twin engine speedboat to get him to the mainland, you could put the hoe and two bodies in a longtail drive a mile out an by the time the bodies showed up the dna would have gone Hannahs wounds could be passed of as damage from a boat propeller.

Two people having fun in the sea at night drowned case closed.

Wow ..almost a year to come up with that. ...shame they could think it up in the heat of the moment.

as I understand it, all the DNA evidence was gathered by police and tested in an RTP police forensics lab and key DNA evidence being used in this case is no longer available to the defence team for scrutiny, either because it is claimed they lost some of it or exhausted it, either way nothing can be verified so on the face of it you either believe what they are saying or don't, in the west this evidence would not be admissible in court, it is as simple as that

and under international scrutiny (most of the posters on this thread) "the test results are true because we say so" doesn't cut it

If you ignore the idea that there are strings being pulled from high above and return to basics - manipulating the crime scene.

There are some posters who seem to find this completely implausible, yet the world is awash with cases of planted evidence, mixed up DNA samples and various other unethical practices - google it. It is also noted that it is not difficult to do this. (Coffee cups and cigarette butts are a go to example in many articles, for crude evidence planting, incidentally).

Once more, let it be noted that it was the local cops, that started at the crime scene, plus other locals were tramping across it and, there was no forensic pathologist at the scene collecting the samples, as per protocol.

SO forget all the theories and stories, but what is so hard to understand about this??? I don't want you to say, "Ah ok, now i see, I change my stance",

but a SIMPLE ADMISSION that the manipulation of the crime scene is not so unbelievable or difficult to achieve, especially when the correct personnel were not even there to oversee it. Chain of custody as Thailandchili mentioned earlier.

Again, just a simple acknowledgement that the crime scene could easily have been tampered with and evidence could have been planted, as has happened in other instances, in the US for example. You don't need to change your stance.

Your concern would be more concerning if the two were already suspects when the evidence was gathered at the crime scene but they were not. So it is very implausible to think their semen was planted inside the victim along with other DNA collected from the scene only to have police make fools of themselves for weeks accusing others and making idiotic assumptions prior to catching one of this group leaving the island and questioning them.

If the motive was to not make them (police) look bad or to have Thailand look bad or tourism to the island be hurt then this would make no sense as the results were just the opposite and very controllable by police who could have pinned this on anyone early on if that was their goal or could have arrested these two immediately after if they were framing them from the get go.

The evidence (DNA) collected at the crime scene would have been run and reports shared with dozens of people on various computers and in various reports. The only way without them planting these two DNA at the scene initially to accomplish a frame up would be to get rid of all these original reports and eliminate all those with access (including all the techs at the labs) from being able to speak out.

Is there some other plausible theory that would get their semen inside the victim? A mismanaged crime scene or improper collection or contamination would not cause their semen to be found in the victim. Only thing I can think of is the police have lied and the prosecutors and labs are part of the lie in stating the it was their DNA / Semen that matched ... again another fairly vast conspiracy would need to take place.

Good Post John. As usual it make good logical sense, so probably why it will be attacked here.

I looked into the possibility of the conspiracy theory and having 2 scapegoats that many say took there place. But the one thing that stands out above the rest is "Why Bother?".

I mean that if there was even a shed of truth to this why bother to plant evidence, involving several people committing a criminal act to frame 2 poor migrant Workers? I mean a guy like Al Capone...maybe. But 2 Migrants Works who they could have accused the second day after the murders but it took 2 weeks to solve.

They could have swept this under the rug ages ago, if that is what they wanted. Say that they are sorry that they don't have a DNA Match so the culprits must have left the Island already. Case Closed! Just another Unsolved Murder Case which are many all over the world, and by now nobody would even be talking about it.

No! This does not make any logical sense to frame anyone here. It is far more Logical to bury this then frame 2 innocent men which many here have said they have done. Why I now will also get attacked to because it makes Good Logical Sense. ,

If you have a very valuable tourist industry to protect having rapists and muderers of tourists on the loose is not good for business.

So you think that the better and easier solution to frame 2 innocent migrant men, thus get several High Ranking Police Officials including all the Police on the scene, the Doctor who examined the accused, the entire Forensic Lab People who were running 30 DNA Tests at one time, the Special Investigative Team that came here from the UK, and close friends of the accused who made testimony for the Prosecution as witnesses, to all lie and perjury themselves facing mandatory jail sentences, then to simple make a false statement after 2 weeks after the murders? To simple say: "From the DNA collected we have found a DNA match of 3 migrant workers who have since fled the Island and Thailand" "We are trying to locate these culprits but it is believed they used false identification and there whereabouts is unknown"

Okay.

" I know which way your bread is buttered. Hmm.. Sounds eerily similar to a quote another member loves to use... "Islandlife" has used that quote twice in response to people on these threads. Perhaps coincidence.

For the record, "knows which way his bread is buttered" must be some old English slang? Never herd that term in this tense before.

IIRC, Islandlife's English was of a (slightly) lower standard than our latest RTP defender so I don't think they are one and the same.

As to which way my bread is buttered, that's simple enough - the company that I work for pays me a monthly salary for the job that I do for them. What would be more interesting is whether Tony gets paid for / or has a vested interest in trying to deflect this thread.

Just for the record, may I suggest we don't use names like "latest RTP defenders". Because the opposite to that is the "Defenders of Rapists and Murders" and I don't think either is a civilized way to address each other. Do You?

Interesting that some posters are coming forth with scenarios. I generally agree with the scenarios of those seeking truth & justice (as opposed to those who carry the buckets of hogwash for the RTP). There is a tweak I would add to a scenario mentioned, but overall it's good that people are thinking. One adjustment:

>>> I don't think Sean was directly at the crime scene at any time that night. At most, be may have approached the scene during or just after, and was dissuaded from getting close enough to see the victims - and was stabbed in the arm. Sean has been on & off buddies with key players in the crime (Mon, Nomsod, and their tough-guy buddies) possibly also involved with drug dealing with that crowd. That would explain why he knows things that the mafia-wannabe punks don't want him to tell - that's why they got the cops to give him a speedy exit from Thailand - never to be heard from again (they hope).

Yes, this is what I said in an earlier post, that he might have been with David and both were stabbed with the same sort of push knife. Sean got frightened and ran off, David stayed, which could account for a few of Sean's posts later on.

Plausible. Injuries hidden under those bands and another which he claimed that people had witnessed "for days". I dont quite buy all his explanations, too many!!

I think you may be stuck on week one. Your logic makes no sense, if a tourist was scared of being murdered I really don't think they care the nationality of the person.

These murders or others don't have a measurable impact on tourism to Thailand. Despite this being in the news Thailand will see record breaking tourist numbers this year. Natural disasters, epidemics and political unrest effect tourism as well as people wallets. Nobody is coming to Thailand because they think it is safe and sterile ... Singapore is not far for those people wanting this.

Murders and rapes occur in NY, LA and Miami but all still huge tourist spots. Tourists also get killed, car jacked and raped too as well as have accidents in these places.

As I have said many time, foreigners should not be so full of themselves that they think tourism is the priority for police, prosecutors, judges, lab technicians ....

As a reminder, Police had no problem accusing the all powerful tiny island Thai family early on in the investigation as well as farangs and Burmese.

So you think that the better and easier solution to frame 2 innocent migrant men, thus get several High Ranking Police Officials including all the Police on the scene, the Doctor who examined the accused, the entire Forensic Lab People who were running 30 DNA Tests at one time, the Special Investigative Team that came here from the UK, and close friends of the accused who made testimony for the Prosecution as witnesses, to all lie and perjury themselves facing mandatory jail sentences, then to simple make a false statement after 2 weeks after the murders? To simple say: "From the DNA collected we have found a DNA match of 3 migrant workers who have since fled the Island and Thailand" "We are trying to locate these culprits but it is believed they used false identification and there whereabouts is unknown"

Okay.

Jesus have the Thai police forensics now found a way to detect what work you do and your nationality through revolutionary new DNA testing??

Sorry your conclusion to the argument is seriously flawed

Well it seems we know which one is Mon.

Nope, can't see a Mon here, he's too far above farang chatter too care or he has a English speaking/typing schill. Also not bright enough to reply here coherently. Sean most likely checks I here but never posts.

Sean is a Nonce, and I don't see Tony as being anything other than a non native English speaker who hasn't a clue.

Oh, he's definitely a native English speaker. I can tell by the grammatical errors in his posts - so prevalent amongst the poorly-educated underclass in Britain nowadays coffee1.gif . Makes me ashamed to be British sometimes.

The footage is from the Ac Bar which is all part of the same family. So why would they give it to the police ?
As usual, you're wrong. It's from in front of a convenience story. Get up to snuff if you want your posts to be considered informed.

I wonder if maybe Hannah insulted his gimp arm, and that's why he went ballistic on her with his left arm? Hmm. Hope to find the real truth soon.

Possible, but doubtful. There are other things which would more likely send a drunk punk in to a rage:

>>> sexual advances rebuffed

>>> mention of smallness of sensitive part of anatomy.

>>> dick bitten

>>> being cussed at in English language

(Note: several times, I've seen Thai young men fly into red-faced rage at being 'given the finger' or hearing 'fkk you!' by a farang. Thais react much more intensely than farang, when hearing/seeing such things. A farang might just grin, or give the finger back, and that's the end of it.)

>>> Hannah yelling/screaming in rage at seeing David attacked.

>>> a young hi-so punk being embarrassed in front of his buddies, particularly by a female.

To give you an answer to your question, there is no need to dispose of the bodies.

Firstly, it would be getting light. If they were to try and take the bodies out to sea, there is a possibility that they might be seen throwing the bodies over the boat into the water.

Secondly, the bodies might well be washed back to shore in which case it would almost certainly exclude any Burmese migrant workers of being the criminals.

Thirdly, if you felt you were untouchable, it would be doing extra (risky) work for nothing.

Now I ask you, why bother disposing of the bodies?

p/s: please stop with the tin foil hat stuff. It's getting boring and prevents you from being a credible poster.

Firstly, it doesn't get light till about 5:30 plenty of time to get the bodies and hoe onto a longtail less than ten minutes to get out the bay another twenty minutes you would be in a perfect place to dump a body.

secondly, The so called mafia family have lived on the island afor generations and you think they have no clue how the tides work ?

Thirdly, Then why would NS have to flee the island wouldn't it be less suspicious to stay there if he had been on the island ?

t

For people who consider themselves above the law, they probably wanted to make a statement, re the 'staging' of the female victim, or they couldn't care less. Similarly with the French guy there who had drunk himself senseless on New Years eve, then committed a hanging suicide with his hands tied behind his back and no furniture kicked away. Plus his suicide note was in English.

If N/S was involved in some way, he could have been told to scarper ASAP, or he was scared - who knows. Typical Thai behaviour to run after a crime has been committed. Staying on the island was probably not on his immediate agenda.

I followed this case daily, based on thai media reports and social media , it's not difficult to understand the timing of the DNA test that was done after all the media attention they got . They did it to clear his name, but it backfired because of the delay .

But it doesnt matter in this case since RTP and their DNA analysis is not accepted as evidence , its all planted and faked according to you guys,

Are you coming around to reason? If so, what a nice change.

However, I don't think ALL the DNA evidence is 'planted and faked' (your words). Indeed, perhaps none of it is skewed. All it would take for the case to be in the mess it's in now, is for top cop(s) to simply declare the scenario they want everyone to believe. That's all. Who's going to scrutinize details? Is a lowly lab tech going to pipe up to counter to a VIP top brass worth 350 million baht? Not unless he/she wants to be out of a job ...or worse.

as I understand it, all the DNA evidence was gathered by police and tested in an RTP police forensics lab and key DNA evidence being used in this case is no longer available to the defence team for scrutiny, either because it is claimed they lost some of it or exhausted it, either way nothing can be verified so on the face of it you either believe what they are saying or don't, in the west this evidence would not be admissible in court, it is as simple as that

and under international scrutiny (most of the posters on this thread) "the test results are true because we say so" doesn't cut it

Amen.

As a reminder, Police had no problem accusing the all powerful tiny island Thai family early on in the investigation as well as farangs and Burmese.

Reminder indeed: that was the first team of cops. Remember, they're the group who saw Nomsod in the 'Running Man videos' and followed clues to where they led. They're the group which kept saying arrests were imminent - while searching for the suspect who was hiding. All that changed suddenly. Connect the dots.

Hannah Witheridge and David Miller Thai murder trial to focus on migrants’ arrest

08:52 20 July 2015

Staff reporters

The trial of two men accused of killing Norfolk student Hannah Witheridge is this week expected to focus on the arrest and interrogation of the two Burmese suspects.
Lawyers, and possibly the victims’ families, are expected to return to court in Koh Samui as the trial continues of the two suspects accused of killing Miss Witheridge, 23, of Hemsby, near Great Yarmouth, and fellow tourist David Miller, 24, of Jersey.

Burmese migrants Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo, also known as Win Zaw Htun, stand charged with murder and rape on the neighbouring Thai island of Koh Tao.

The Thai media is barely covering the case, apparently having been warned to stay away

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/hannah_witheridge_and_david_miller_thai_murder_trial_to_focus_on_migrants_arrest_1_4159352

I've just come across nom sods Facebook fanclub page. Looks interesting but it's all in Thai. Is linking Facebook permited on T V? It would be good if someone could translate as I'm sure there is interesting info on it. It would seem that most of the comments are negative.

For people who consider themselves above the law, they probably wanted to make a statement, re the 'staging' of the female victim, or they couldn't care less. Similarly with the French guy there who had drunk himself senseless on New Years eve, then committed a hanging suicide with his hands tied behind his back and no furniture kicked away. Plus his suicide note was in English.

If N/S was involved in some way, he could have been told to scarper ASAP, or he was scared - who knows. Typical Thai behaviour to run after a crime has been committed. Staying on the island was probably not on his immediate agenda.

The suicide note was in French, he hung himself next to the balcony handrail and as it was extensively discussed back then people that commit suicide by hanging are known to tie their hands.

Isn't it time to allow Dmtri Povse rest in peace already?

bungelbag

"That would be the ac bar cctv footage that Mon refused to hand over to the police, saying it was 'private property' iirc? Convenient"

Oh really bungelbag. Do you mean like when he came in for questioning and had his DAN tested, or do you mean that in Thailand they don't have such things as search Warrants?

Oh! That is right! I just remembered! Aren't you the one that's says the Police here can do what they like? So what is stopping them?

bungelbag

"That would be the ac bar cctv footage that Mon refused to hand over to the police, saying it was 'private property' iirc? Convenient"

Oh really bungelbag. Do you mean like when he came in for questioning and had his DAN tested, or do you mean that in Thailand they don't have such things as search Warrants?

Oh! That is right! I just remembered! Aren't you the one that's says the Police here can do what they like? So what is stopping them?

He never had his DNA tested.

What's stopping the police? They are in on it & getting paid handsomely by the mafia on the island.

Do you live or have ever been to Thailand?

You are making a real fool of yourself with these inane comments

Archived