Banana theft rampant in Phichit

webfact

A suggestion should be realistic

Hey jacko did you see my post? The cost is small. The chances of catching a thief in the act are 100% complete with crystal clear photos sent immediately to your phone day or night. 50 pound banana bunches need a vehicle to move out. Many farmers can even get to the thief's getaway vehicle before the thief does if they want. It' just so easy. Your strategy is a joke comparatively and I can't believe you would even bother spending time to type such inferior rubbish. Wake up people, we are in the 21st century now.

You are quite right, I did not read it properly.

It was just too silly.

I was stopped on my way back recently, ooh,the police didn't scan the bananas in my truck, they also didn't check my licence, my tyres or anything actually, not even sure why they stopped me.

Dallas isn't in Thailand!

Dallas isn't in Thailand!

Dallas is as far from Thailand as one can get; both geographically and culturally.

Again, if you had read my post with a modicum of comprehension, you would have noted two things: First, it was a suggestion, and Second, I wrote the the police could do it; not that they would or take anyone's advise.

Since you haven't any ideas for a solution, you pick apart other's suggestions. Are you the nit-picker type? It is always easier to criticize than to create.

I'm bored with you on this thread so I probably won't respond...

A suggestion should be realistic, we could take yours to the extremes of fantasy and suggest they track the bananas using a helicopter and infra red!

I think they should try to stop them being stolen in the first place, the farmer may spend a few nights in a shack on the land with the dog.

They should harvest them as soon as they are ready too.... harvest them too soon and they will never turn yellow, but I believe the indications of readiness are obvious to the locals, something to do with the shape or falling of the black bits at the end. The problem is that the trees are not necessary coming ripe together, as happens at my Mrs place.....

The police might take a look through a few markets to see who is selling a lot of bananas or banana products. Get get out and about asking a few questions. It isn't their job to set up traffic checkpoints on the main roads. Informing the traffic police around the area to be on the 'lookout' for a truck loaded with bananas might be beneficial too.

I would have thought Dallas Police had better things to do too.

Who mentioned Dallas Police? What are you smoking?

Are you a professional nit picker or just a gifted amateur?

Reply for others to read. Since you have absolutely nothing positive to say, I've put you on my 'ignore' list and won't be seeing any more of your posts. You won't be missed.

Err, I edited that out, before reading your post.

Sitting in a thread waiting for a response (as you are now) isn't how . 'Ignore' works... you already said you probably won't respond, but did, pretty darned quickly I may add.

I made suggestions as you err suggested.

A suggestion should be realistic

Hey jacko did you see my post? The cost is small. The chances of catching a thief in the act are 100% complete with crystal clear photos sent immediately to your phone day or night. 50 pound banana bunches need a vehicle to move out. Many farmers can even get to the thief's getaway vehicle before the thief does if they want. It' just so easy. Your strategy is a joke comparatively and I can't believe you would even bother spending time to type such inferior rubbish. Wake up people, we are in the 21st century now.

The cost might be small but nobody likes to spend money, and sourcing it another matter.

You also seem to think these farmers have capable phones, or the police have the equipment.

We may be in the 21st Century, but some rural areas are well behind.... some farms and villages do not have mobile reception.

If it was happening on my farm, yes I would be doing what you suggest.

the one thing about thiees is they are lazy for the most part. they dont like to get up early so darkthirty is their most active time. , the farmer has put in his day, showered and gone to bed for the night (about 21 to 2300 hr. thats when you set your traps /ambush. or what ever / hit them hard club a knee or a elbow hard enough to break it. no pussy footing.

i was brought up to pay back a wrong done me or my family/friends, etc of at least 5 to 1, word spreads quickly and the more farming neighbors who openly support this type of response the faster the layabouts move on.and family can go about their every day rat killing assignments/duties and enjoy what few good things they encounter.

the old flag whose printed motto ''dont tread on me'' in Thai might be enough of a hint if the honest locals let it be known what treatment can be expected when drug dealers, thieves etc are observed/caught.

I have personally been involved in inviting a drug dealer to leave our small town (i was the least shy of the coffee shop group, although somewhat older) (1000 pop.) plus sourrounding farm families. The suspected dealer (no real lawful proof) asked if i was threathening him , my response in a calm , redneck polite way was to clarify i dont do threats, its a promise and my word is my bond. he had vacated his rented house within 10 days. Maybe my good luck , maybe his , i will never know.

Edited by slapout