Are You a Cat or a Dog Person?

EmptyHead

Are You a Cat or a Dog Person  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dogs. Mans best friend. Apparently, the only animal to form an alliance with man.

Cats. Sacred to the ancient Egyptians and used to be thought of as mythological creatures. Their intelligence difficult to measure.

It fascinates me. When it comes to pets some people can't stand dog and others cats. It is often thought that if you like cats then you must have a particular personality type yourself, and so with dog people.

I like both, but I have to admit, if I had to choose, I would go for cats. My missus hates cats, but loves (certain) dogs. Not dogs in general, but dogs known to us with interesting personalities and qualities.

Thais, I find mostly to be dog people. Would you agree? Though we do have the famous Siamese cat, so perhaps cats were popular at sometime.

Anyway, I have my suspicion that the Thaivisa members will be dog people, mostly.

post-217238-0-94486600-1436446227_thumb. post-217238-0-97136600-1436446233_thumb.

Edited by EmptyHead

Always loved dogs, did not mind cats.

One day rescued a cat. Even though did not care much for cats, thought life in the house is better than on the streets.

Fell in love with cats, end up having 12 now giggle.gif

post-216015-0-87680000-1436451678_thumb.

post-216015-0-37454700-1436451795_thumb.

Edited by konying

Loving that Bang kaew, have one myself.

The thiefs wont think twice about turning over your house if you have a cat, whats it going to do, miaow, that Bang kaew will have their leg off.

While "Watch Cats" are probably not that good an idea, one can not help but admire and respect the surprising loyalty and courage of the cat in this well know video from last year.

View it a few times and it becomes clear that this cat knew exactly what was happening and what to do...no hesitation.

Anybody who has ever tried to deal with a really riled up 12 lb cat knows just what kind of explosive energy and strength they can have.

Loving that Bang kaew, have one myself.

The thiefs wont think twice about turning over your house if you have a cat, whats it going to do, miaow, that Bang kaew will have their leg off.

While "Watch Cats" are probably not that good an idea, one can not help but admire and respect the surprising loyalty and courage of the cat in this well know video from last year.

View it a few times and it becomes clear that this cat knew exactly what was happening and what to do...no hesitation.

Anybody who has ever tried to deal with a really riled up 12 lb cat knows just what kind of explosive energy and strength they can have.

I have been bitten both my dogs and cats.

Dogs bite hurt for a day or so and heal pretty fast.

My cat bite me by accident.

2 weeks of antibiotics and pain killers, arm swelled up like a balloon, changed colors, in pain for about 7 days.

Took about 3.5 weeks to fully heal.

Will take dogs bite anytime over cats laugh.png

I dislike them both, but dogs are the bigger pests, cats only shit in your garden when your back is turned. Dogs are a nightmare pest with their barking all day long, left as they are outside by owners out at work for 12 hours. No it's not the owners fault, they are not doing the barking are they.

I dislike them both, but dogs are the bigger pests, cats only shit in your garden when your back is turned. Dogs are a nightmare pest with their barking all day long, left as they are outside by owners out at work for 12 hours. No it's not the owners fault, they are not doing the barking are they.

For someone who hates animals you sure LOVE to troll in animal topics.

Troll or do not have life at all?whistling.gif

I don't hate animals if I did I would eat them which I have not done since 1972. I dislike dogs with a passion though. Are you an animal lover that eats them?

SO answer would be a troll or no life?

I don't hate animals if I did I would eat them which I have not done since 1972. I dislike dogs with a passion though. Are you an animal lover that eats them?

lame rejoinder, worse argument. go away, lonely geriatric vegetarians bore me.

never been stable enough to have a dog, but have had many cats.

Edited by HooHaa

Had several German Shepherd dogs but grew up with cats. I love both.

I have admiration for a Tortoiseshell cat I owned ( not that can you own a cat) that tried twice to claw me ex wife's eyes out. That cat knew something I didn't see laugh.png

More admiration for Animal who had kittens and some idiot put a ratting terrier over the gate to attack the cat. Bad move on the part of the idiot who ended up with a huge vet bill. Sad for the poor dog, ravaged by back claws as Animal dug her front claws behind the dogs head and really let rip.

Cats. You've got to love them and their independence. Alsatians for their loyalty.

I'm a cat and dog person, but no dog I've ever had has fetched a live King Cobra hatchling into the house. These 2 have been best mates since the 1st met. I captioned this "Say that again, I dare you."

post-29019-0-04691400-1436488706_thumb.j

Edited by Mosha

When I was a kid, we used to have a very clever cat. When she needed to go to the toilet, she would go to the flower beds, dig a hole, do her business and then fill the hole in again.

Never seen anything like it.

Dogs only and have always had them.

Cats (here in NZ) I detest and rate with other vermin (rats, mice, possums, stoats, ferrets) that must be destroyed. Would not have a problem with them if they had the same controls as dog owners placed on their owners or more so those that let them breed like rats and dump litters of kittens into the wild. Asides from constantly killing my goldfish, baby rabbits and guinea pigs (even seemingly safe in large ponds and secure cages) when I was a kid and where I first started killing them in return, they are out of control here and in natural Kiwi breeding native forest areas where we egg/neck break trap, poison and shoot they are appearing in ever increasing numbers behind possums, stoats and rats, but have already moved ahead of ferrets in kill numbers - the lot of them take the Kiwi eggs. Only good cat here is a dead one. We have a nut case RSPCA here who thinks de sexing cats and then releasing them to the outdoors is the way to control...jeez...the mentality of some especially what is a spokes group to government and the community for animal welfare.

However position would be reversed considerably when coming back to living in Thailand. While I and also the rest of my family would still rate dogs only for our home, my tolerance of cats in Thailand is more forgiving as they are not a species out of control. And while I would still have tolerance for our family dogs and those of others who keep them under control I have general contempt for the out of control dogs (especially in packs) living on the streets and the safety of rural temples and if I had the same freedoms and rights of animal control that I have here in NZ I would start exterminating them as well. Not from the perspective that they are destroying native flora and fauna but that they are generally an out of control nuisance to people.

Could not give a coddle who loves what but if you want then take full responsibility for your choices and respect other peoples space as you would expect them to respect yours.