No 'Thailand Moves Forward' date for Abhisit and Yingluck

webfact

No 'Thailand Moves Forward' date for Abhisit and Yingluck

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva says he has not been asked by the government to appear with former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra on its weekly television programme.

Abhisit said he had been contacted by the government to appear on "Thailand Moves Forward" to discuss bureaucratic reform with National Reform Council member Thirayuth Lorlertratna and Tortrakul Yomnak, president of the Engineering Institute of Thailand.

He said he had no problem going on TV with Yingluck because he was not her rival but an Opposition member who carried out duty checks on the government.

NRC member Anek Laothammatas said if Abhisit and Yingluck accepted an invitation from the Centre for Reconciliation and Reform to appear on the programme, it would be a good sign.

"If there is the first, there will be next times. Society however should not jump to the conclusion that a few rounds of talks will end political conflicts. Peace starts when all sides talk to each other,'' he said.

He said if both major political camps wanted to find a solution for the country, they should participate in such talks.

"It is not an academic issue but top political issue. We need open-minded politicians who jointly present solutions,'' he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/No-Thailand-Moves-Forward-date-for-Abhisit-and-Yin-30264147.html

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-07-10

Irrespective of who gets invited how much ' free discussion ' will be permitted or will it be well scripted with a list of Do's and Dont's ?

I would suggest the latter list would be the longer of the two by far.

NRC member Anek Laothammatas said if Abhisit and Yingluck accepted an invitation from the Centre for Reconciliation and Reform to appear on the programme, it would be a good sign.

"If there is the first, there will be next times. Society however should not jump to the conclusion that a few rounds of talks will end political conflicts. Peace starts when all sides talk to each other,'' he said

Then invite them both on the show! Let peace begin. Remember the good friday agreement in Northen Ireland. Diplomacy must be given a chance to work.

This is cynicism to the extreme.

They are trying to use Yingluck for their own purposes.

The anti-democrats have finished a Constitution by and for themselves and have stacked a senate with their own.

With that anti-democrat foundation in place, they can now appear to be inclusive and re-conciliatory.

A phony and manufactured, cynical effort to the max. I hope the PTP/Ms. Y and Co. don't suck into this idiocy

What is especially a slam against one's intelligence, is they think people will see AV's participation as constituting political diversity. Shows how arrogant they are if they think no-one sees through such a sham.

Getting back to that stacked senate...I was amazed yesterday to see some Posters trying to find some redeeming value in that, and actually defending it.

Unbelievable.

Edited by Bannum opinions

The anti-democrats have finished a Constitution by and for themselves and have stacked a senate with their own.

With that anti-democrat foundation in place, they can now appear to be inclusive and re-conciliatory.

A phony and manufactured, cynical effort to the max. I hope the PTP/Ms. Y and Co. don't suck into this idiocy

What is especially a slam against one's intelligence, is they think people will see AV's participation as constituting political diversity. Shows how arrogant they are if they think no-one sees through such a sham.

Getting back to that stacked senate...I was amazed yesterday to see some Posters trying to find some redeeming value in that, and actually defending it.

Unbelievable.

agreed just more manipulation and both of them would be mad (or bad) to even consider joining the circus

but I see 'Awry Abhisit' has already agreed (no surprise there then)

they should just wait

Edited by LannaGuy

He's been asked, she's not been asked?

Perhaps she might be otherwise engaged modelling new jewelry,

some bracelets in a fetching brushed steel look perhaps?

Maybe you read this backwards?

"Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva says he has not been asked by the government to appear with former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra on its weekly television programme."

Unbelievable.

Really a sham talk much in line with the repeated double talk by the junta of allowing space for opinions and the infamous "I am a soldier of democracy" quote. Unfortunately if invited, Yingluck have really little choice but attend or the junta propaganda machinery will be running overdrive to discredit her again. Our own residents here will also have a field day. Off course the junta poodle will attend as he is beholden to the establishment and a good photo opp (sic). However I doubt the talk will happen and if they allow, will be highly restricted in certain sensitive subjects. Yingluck can then find the reason to not :suck into this idiocy" and give this a pass.

Yingluck? Umm why? She will be in jail soon for the rice scheme scam if not then people should stop paying taxes and do anything illegal as previous government did. This is red media pushing her back into the face of Thais she screwed over and tried to have poor brother return without charges then do what he did all over again. Thai media sux

Unbelievable.

So what you are saying is that by inviting Yingluck to have some sensible input they are only inviting her to exposing her ignorance in public.

And should she accept she will only make a fool of herself.

you are probably right for she has not up to this point shown any brilliant debating skills or great grasp of any subject she has been asked to comment on.

Nor has she come forward with any suggestions or criticism or made any attempts to move things forward to where an election is possible.

On the other hand Abhisit has both criticized and put forward sensible suggestions and is prepared to take part in shaping reforms.

Yingluck? Umm why? She will be in jail soon for the rice scheme scam if not then people should stop paying taxes and do anything illegal as previous government did. This is red media pushing her back into the face of Thais she screwed over and tried to have poor brother return without charges then do what he did all over again. Thai media sux

My suggestion to you if you Thai, don't vote for Yingluck or PT next election. If you non Thai, your opinion here is welcome.

Unbelievable.

So what you are saying is that by inviting Yingluck to have some sensible input they are only inviting her to exposing her ignorance in public.

you are probably right for she has not up to this point shown any brilliant debating skills or great grasp of any subject she has been asked to comment on.

Nor has she come forward with any suggestions or criticism or made any attempts to move things forward to where an election is possible.

On the other hand Abhisit has both criticized and put forward sensible suggestions and is prepared to take part in shaping reforms.

Why must she suggest anything to the people hell bend on destroying her. They are trying to use her and AV to make their fake process credible. Only some suckers believe there will be real reform and real change. Realist know its about entrenching power for certain elites. And by the way YS will never ever see the inside of an jail, because that will be political suicide for the junta. Her case reminds me of the case against Nelson Mandela by the apartheid regime.

There is certainly along way to go with bureaucratic reform in this country as most TVF members have stated previously with their snide comments regarding an inactive government.

Of course when they proactively push for this reform that those very same people that said the government where not serious about are now magically (that word again) "evolving" their argument to state "This is cynicism to the extreme" Can't win if you do and can't win if you don't!

It is good to see a drive towards reform by bringing appropriate neutral people from different sectors of society together to discuss it openly and transparently on TV. Unfortunately the word transparency is what yingluck fears. She has ever only appeared on TV in carefully engineered, controlled and fully scripted circumstances. She will not accept any invitation to appear on this show and I know that for a fact. Some have come up with excuses for her not to attend before she has even acknowledged she has been invited knowing full well she will decline, but deep down they too know whyt she will not and cannot appear in an uncontrolled environment where she may have to think for herself and answer questions and come up with ideas all by herself. She never has and she never will appear in this environment because people will truly see her for who she is. An inept, incapable person that has no idea how to move the country forward because everything that was wrong with the country and all the changes required is what her government thrived on. Anyway she won't be able to attend as she is to busy apparently or is she only to busy for appointments that don't suit her agenda. Some things never change.

Any move to discuss reform on TV for the whole nation to see is a good thing. It fosters transparency and is part of any democratic process. I am sure the majority would love to see these leaders discuss any reform that will benefit them. There should also be a representative that can gauge the majorities reaction and bring that into the forum as feedback to the panel who can discuss that as well. This ensures majority engagement and allows them to be part of this process.

Edited by djjamie

There is certainly along way to go with bureaucratic reform in this country as most TVF members have stated previously with their snide comments regarding an inactive government.

Of course when they proactively push for this reform that those very same people that said the government where not serious about are now magically (that word again) "evolving" their argument to state "This is cynicism to the extreme" Can't win if you do and can't win if you don't!

It is good to see a drive towards reform by bringing appropriate neutral people from different sectors of society together to discuss it openly and transparently on TV. Unfortunately the word transparency is what yingluck fears. She has ever only appeared on TV in carefully engineered, controlled and fully scripted circumstances. She will not accept any invitation to appear on this show and I know that for a fact. Some have come up with excuses for her not to attend before she has even acknowledged she has been invited knowing full well she will decline, but deep down they too know whyt she will not and cannot appear in an uncontrolled environment where she may have to think for herself and answer questions and come up with ideas all by herself. She never has and she never will appear in this environment because people will truly see her for who she is. An inept, incapable person that has no idea how to move the country forward because everything that was wrong with the country and all the changes required is what her government thrived on. Anyway she won't be able to attend as she is to busy apparently or is she only to busy for appointments that don't suit her agenda. Some things never change.

Any move to discuss reform on TV for the whole nation to see is a good thing. It fosters transparency and is part of any democratic process. I am sure the majority would love to see these leaders discuss any reform that will benefit them. There should also be a representative that can gauge the majorities reaction and bring that into the forum as feedback to the panel who can discuss that as well. This ensures majority engagement and allows them to be part of this process.

"Any move to discuss reform on TV for the whole nation to see is a good thing. It fosters transparency and is part of any democratic process. I am sure the majority would love to see these leaders discuss any reform that will benefit them. There should also be a representative that can gauge the majorities reaction and bring that into the forum as feedback to the panel who can discuss that as well. This ensures majority engagement and allows them to be part of this process".

Where is my violin when I need it.

All of this sugary inclusiveness applied after they wrote a constitution and stacked the Senate for themselves in a process totally devoid of it.

Hope you find those horses after closing the barn.

In fact, it is totally against the interest of the pro-democracy people to talk about reconciliation. Why would they want to reconcile with a governing structure totally at odds with what they stand for. That would be construed as acceptance. Their MO on behalf of the electorate going forward, will be "resist and change"......not reconciliation.

Will make for interesting politics, for those of us on the outside looking in.

Another way of looking at this thing, is the following.

Reform is now finished...It has been incorporated within the anti-democrat constitution and stacked senate.

Mission accomplished.

Now it is time to talk up 'reconciliation.....Basically code for 'acceptance' of above.

Motives and methods are clear....Not complicated.

Unbelievable.

Why must she suggest anything to the people hell bend on destroying her. They are trying to use her and AV to make their fake process credible. Only some suckers believe there will be real reform and real change. Realist know its about entrenching power for certain elites. And by the way YS will never ever see the inside of an jail, because that will be political suicide for the junta. Her case reminds me of the case against Nelson Mandela by the apartheid regime.

..................."And by the way YS will never ever see the inside of an jail".........................

..................."Her case reminds me of the case against Nelson Mandela by the apartheid regime."..............................

You say she will never see the inside of a jail, and that her case reminds you of the case against Nelson Mandela by the apartheid regime.

Mandela served 27 years in prison.

Unbelievable.

The dictator Thaksin used Yingluck for his own purposes. As a puppet PM. But I guess he rewarded her well, and she is his kid sister.

Inviting her would be silly. She's clueless and would need to rely on the usual Skype link for all answers, instructions to cry or smile etc.