How to spend 5 hours in Bangkok: 1 AM to 6 AM?

JulieM

Travel has me in Bangkok next month and I have these five hours to pass before I hit the road again? What should a person do safely if I don't want to sleep.

I am totally open to drinking some alcohol.

I knew Bangkok well but have not spent much time there in the last 5 years.

Whatever I do it needs to be the Sukumvit area.

Hoping for some serious replies. I want to go out in public and get my mind off of work before I start traveling again around 6 AM. Is anything/any place open 1-6 AM? I have no idea what time the bars shut down, if ever. I'd rather not go to a nightclub unless there are 40+ year old people also there. A Nightclub would be my last choice, but still acceptable.

What night? Saturday.

Edited by JulieM

Spend one hour getting to Sukhumvit Nana Plaza. Don't get drunk or unwittingly drugged, robbed or otherwise bushwhacked. Spend another hour getting back to the airport not forgetting check in time (two hours these days?). That should leave you with one hour in Suckhum.

Plenty of clubs around the airport, taxi driver knows them.

Hoping for some serious replies. I want to go out in public and get my mind off of work before I start traveling again around 6 AM. Is anything/any place open 1-6 AM? I have no idea what time the bars shut down, if ever. I'd rather not go to a nightclub unless there are 40+ year old people also there. A Nightclub would be my last choice, but still acceptable.

What night? Saturday.

Im presuming your female, so i can suggest one of the more upmarket places i know of that are open late..German tawandang.

they have a stage show and absolutely sensational fried pork knuckle and their own brewed beer.

2 locations, the one on rama 9 i think is best. Last time i went stayed open till 2:30 am but it is luck of the draw.

I think a lot of places around Suk are now are under pressure to close earlier.

the only places i know for sure open 24 hours are the seesha smoking places on soi 4.

Some male company might be best option :0)

err thats if your female of course :o)

What night? Saturday.

OK, here is a serious reply.

Book a hotel room and relax in the room from 1.00am until you are ready to leave. Plenty to do, buy a few drinks from a 7-Eleven, relax, have a sleep or watch TV for a few hours or even have a relaxing massage in the room. It`s safe and prior to leaving can have a nice bath or shower, perhaps an early morning breakfast at the hotel, then all fresh and ready for work the following day.

That`s what I would do.

I would go to Maggie Choo's at the Novotel Hotel in Silom, they close around 1:30 mid week and a bit later weekends although safer if you contact them to check +66917722144

Very stylish place (google it)
After they close I recommend finding Smalls bar (google 'smalls bangkok') they might look closed from outside but they'll be open until very late and its a nice little spot.
Have fun!

If your on here asking this stupid question, you really shouldn't be going to Bangkok on your own.

However if you are serious.

Get drunk

Have a massage

Have lots of sex

Dont wake up 2 days later after being spiked by ladyboys lol

Head to Climax on Soi 11. Live band, fun, air conditioning, cheap entry and open until 4am (6am on the weekends).

Taxis will take you there for free, or almost free, as they get a commission. Just say "bai climack sukhumvit soi sip et" (Thai has no "x" for Climax, so they say Climack).

In case you don't already know, the place is a "meat market" full of Farang looking for Thai working girls. But that aside, it is still fun. And if you like to dance, even better.

does anybody read request anymore, it has got to be soi cowboy 2 music bars open very late and then maybe a few drinks on the pavement listening to two guys with guitars, german beer bar no where near sukhumvit and the airport, ugh ?? forget soi 4 everything shuts at 2 on the dot but maybe Hilary 2 for live music, as they seem to have their own rules ???

What night? Saturday.

OK, here is a serious reply.

Book a hotel room and relax in the room from 1.00am until you are ready to leave. Plenty to do, buy a few drinks from a 7-Eleven, relax, have a sleep or watch TV for a few hours or even have a relaxing massage in the room. It`s safe and prior to leaving can have a nice bath or shower, perhaps an early morning breakfast at the hotel, then all fresh and ready for work the following day.

That`s what I would do.

I am sure the OP is pleased to know your preference, but it appears the OP is looking for something to do other than stay in the hotel--go to 7/11?, shame on you.

wow, you need to get out more, NOTHING happens AFTER mid night,? <deleted> do you even live here, ? i dont leave my condo until 11-30 pm, and the street bars in the lower sois are crap.just a load of pea heads, no atmosphere, read my earlier post as i aint going to repeat it, and have a great time. pm me if ya like.

Spend one hour getting to Sukhumvit Nana Plaza. Don't get drunk or unwittingly drugged, robbed or otherwise bushwhacked. Spend another hour getting back to the airport not forgetting check in time (two hours these days?). That should leave you with one hour in Suckhum.

do you drink a glass of lemons every morning?

If your on here asking this stupid question, you really shouldn't be going to Bangkok on your own.

However if you are serious.

Get drunk

Have a massage

Have lots of sex

Dont wake up 2 days later after being spiked by ladyboys lol

If you're on here responding in such an antisocial manner you really shouldn't be on this forum...

The lady is looking for helpful ideas, not stupidity...

Prat. She is going to get one hour in Suck um quick, forget it.

Prat. She is going to get one hour in Suck um quick, forget it.
what's a part do?