Bicycle Build

beachbuggy

One place I would recommend,

It's in Mae Rim, only a small shop, the guy speaks English, he rides and races. Don't be fooled by its appearance from outside, its small. But he doesn't make you feel like he's doing you a favour by working on your bike.....If you know where I'm talking about?

How to find it...... first find Makro, on the 107 just before getting into Mae Rim. From Makro follow the 107 back towards Chiangmai, there are a row of shops.....Last one on the left, about 100 meters past Makro, (it's only small) lots of bikes outside, (low end models)

You could do a lot worse then talking to him about building your bike.

Good Luck

Many thanks

I will go to speak with him.

Already received a guide quote stating, depending on the frame, 10 hours to build at 400B per hour, which seems steep to me, though nothing to compare against yet.

Many thanks

I will go to speak with him.

Already received a guide quote stating, depending on the frame, 10 hours to build at 400B per hour, which seems steep to me, though nothing to compare against yet.

'ragabob' I found his card..... His name to Ton.

post-69255-0-98528400-1436685021_thumb.j

Let us know how you get on.......

Tonto

Tommo Bikes is supposed to be a good mechanic and they deal with a lot of road bikes. With carbon you need pay attention to the torque recommendations of the bolts and clamps. A mechanic with set of torque wrenches is a must.

I've had disastrous service at both these shops, went to both for a tune-ups and one destroyed my expensive wheel and tried to sell me a new set at full price after admitting they were jumping curbs in the parking lot (I assume they did worse) and the other put on the wrong parts incl and I had to go to another shop and buy the same parts again in the right size. Both had terrible attitudes and wanted to be payed full price to the job that not only they didn't do right or do at all but caused more problems and expenses for me.

There is a new shop called Mong near Chinatown, they've been professional in every manner with all my dealings with them.

Build time 2-4hrs.

If they take longer than that, they haven't a clue what they're doing.

(assuming you aren't expecting wheels built from scratch)

Cherry bikes, in the road to Doi Saket, before the middle ring, build them all the time.

Kruang Sing, just after Chank Puak Road, across the superhighway, opposite the first 7-11, also build.

Not sure either of them would want to build using your parts though.

I've had disastrous service at both these shops, went to both for a tune-ups and one destroyed my expensive wheel and tried to sell me a new set at full price after admitting they were jumping curbs in the parking lot (I assume they did worse) and the other put on the wrong parts incl and I had to go to another shop and buy the same parts again in the right size. Both had terrible attitudes and wanted to be payed full price to the job that not only they didn't do right or do at all but caused more problems and expenses for me.

There is a new shop called Mong near Chinatown, they've been professional in every manner with all my dealings with them.

I didn't know that mate, mind we haven't spoke for some time........ how long ago did this happen?

You live and learn....... Where is Mong? and do they carry stock and aftermarket for MTB?

Laters

Mong is on Chang Moi Rd. The owner is American and seems to know his stuff. His shop was mentioned on another topic re Electric bikes. Id say he would be a good starting point as I believe one of the reasons why he took over/opened up the business is that he was pissed off with all the inferior workmanship he encountered elsewhere.

I didn't know that mate, mind we haven't spoke for some time........ how long ago did this happen?

You live and learn....... Where is Mong? and do they carry stock and aftermarket for MTB?

Laters

Well I try to keep life positive unless I'm on ThaiVisa smile.png

This was a maybe a year ago and as it was on the recommendation of our mutual friend who has since departed (luckily only from Thailand smile.png ) I let it be.

Actually Mong is owned by a Canadian named Stuart, still getting fully stocked etc but well worth the effort to stop in and check it out. He finally sorted out my Trek after six different shops had it and couldn't figure out the problem I mentioned.

Luckily for my boy I got so frustrated I bought myself a new ride and now he is racing on my old one. I got him clip-in shoes at Lek, a great shop for reasonably priced bike stuff, this weekend and he did great on today's ride using them for the first time.

Weather still hot but I'm riding a lot so Tonto get your butt down here again and we'll show you some of our new routes.

Archived