Document requirements for renewing retirement visa?

teletiger

You can't renew a visa. Assuming you mean that you want to get a new annual extension of stay based on retirement ... based on my experience at Jomtien (other offices may differ slightly)

TM7 filled out, signed and with your phone number added below signature. Print it out on both sides of a single sheet of paper, not on two sheets of paper. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/files/file/7-tm7-extension-of-temporary-stay-in-the-kingdom-application-form/

4 x 6 cm recent photo (they'll reject it if it's the same photo you used last year)

Baht 1900

Passport

Photocopies of:

passport identity page,

all prior extension stamps

original visa you used to enter the country and entry stamp

departure card (TM 6)

All photocopies need to be signed to show you are claiming they are true copies.

Original income affidavit from your embassy less than 6 months old, if you use that method

Original letter from your bank manager if you are using bank balance as part of your proof of finances. Usually the letter should be issued the day of your application or the day before ... depends on which office you use as to how "fresh" they want it.

Bank book photocopies ... past three months at least and balance shown should be EXACTLY equal to what is shown on manager's letter and have been updated the day the letter is issued by the manager.

Some proof of your address ... they want this from some people, but I've never been asked for it at Jomtien. Different offices have different views on this.

Edited by Suradit69

You can't renew a visa. Assuming you mean that you want to get a new annual extension of stay based on retirement ... based on my experience at Jomtien (other offices may differ slightly)

TM7 filled out, signed and with your phone number added below signature. Print it out on both sides of a single sheet of paper, not on two sheets of paper. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/files/file/7-tm7-extension-of-temporary-stay-in-the-kingdom-application-form/

4 x 6 cm recent photo (they'll reject it if it's the same photo you used last year)

Baht 1900

Passport

Photocopies of:

passport identity page,

all prior extension stamps

original visa you used to enter the country and entry stamp

departure card (TM 6)

All photocopies need to be signed to show you are claiming they are true copies.

Original income affidavit from your embassy less than 6 months old, if you use that method

Original letter from your bank manager if you are using bank balance as part of your proof of finances. Usually the letter should be issued the day of your application or the day before ... depends on which office you use as to how "fresh" they want it.

Bank book photocopies ... past three months at least and balance shown should be EXACTLY equal to what is shown on manager's letter and have been updated the day the letter is issued by the manager.

Some proof of your address ... they want this from some people, but I've never been asked for it at Jomtien. Different offices have different views on this.

Just about the same here Chiang Mai. Not sure if they need the proof of residency but I always have it with me In my case a receipt for rent paid.. I presume that is a 4X6 centimeter picture.

You are quite correct in having the bank book match the letter from the bank. I have heard of people having to go and deposit money or take money out to get the two to match.

I was asked for proof of residency today for a 90 day report. I barely had time to fill out the form and thought everything was all good, and she was about to hand it to me, and the intern interrupted and called me back. Fortunately, I had my Yellow Book, because I was doing some banking at Airport Plaza (new account). First time back at the copy machine since 2008. Still a very quick trip, that I wanted to get done before the move and I don't dare ask about the free shuttle to Promenada. Hot as He&& in there, and you could cut the tension with a knife. The Koreans were doing all their paperwork while standing in the get a number line...sheesh.

Been using the same photo for 4 years ,never been queried.How could they compare it ? old documents probably in a warehouse somewhere.coffee1.gif

Anyway I refuse to get older.

Judging by the pp photos I get from the shop next to the immigrations office each year at renewal time, I appear to be aging 5 years from one year to the next.

You're probably right about them not checking the photo, but since I want to ensure that I never give them a reason/excuse to question anything in my application I always throw everything and anything they could possibly want into what I hand over. Sometimes they hand back something they don't want, but I believe in overkill and so far I've never had any comment other than "come back at ____ to get passport."

In years past at Jomtien they would do everything in one visit ... then for a few years, by later the same day ... now collect passport the next day. Anyway, mai bpen lai, it's always been pretty hassle-free for me.

A couple of other questions: Will they let you use your Thai Driver's License regarding proof of your address? Also, what is the time frame when you can apply....One month before expiration....one week? Thanks!

Never been asked for proof of address for the extension, but before they started using the bar-code for the 90 day report I would just attach a copy of the most recent 3BB or condo monthly statement to the report form. Now with the bar-coded slip used for 90 day reports, I just hand over the passport with the previous slip attached.

All offices allow up to 30 days early, some up to 45 days early for the annual extension. At Jomtien I usually go in closer to 45 days early, but it will depend on the office you use. Better to do it early (you don't lose any days by going in early).

Once I was cooling my heels waiting to see a supervisor back when the supervisors office was behind the work area (it's since been moved). I was kept waiting for a long time and got to watch what goes on behind the curtain. At that time anyway, they had a hoard of college interns who pulled last year's file and they were checking stuff like whether you were using the same photo.

Given that there's a copy shop that does photos right at Immigration, it's no big deal to get a new photo. Presumably there will be a similar service at the new Promenada location.