My problem with Sexpats.

LarryBird

Do Thai people that use prostitutes employ coy euphemisms to avoid calling them what they are?

Yes some do some dont.

Some call them mia chao, means rented wife, cant be bothered writing anymore.

Some call them makee, girls who work in snooker halls.

Some refer to them as "coffee shop" girls for obvious reasons.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do Thai people that use prostitutes employ coy euphemisms to avoid calling them what they are?

Yes some do some dont.

Some call them mia chao, means rented wife, cant be bothered writing anymore.

Some call them makee, girls who work in snooker halls.

Some refer to them as "coffee shop" girls for obvious reasons.

'Rented wife' isn't sugaring the pill all that much!

Cheers for the info though. My Thai lessons haven't really covered this stuff.

The amount of euphemisms people use around this issue is fascinating - bar girl, naughty boy, pay for play, entertainment zones etc etc.

If it's nothing to be ashamed of, why not call it what it is?

Because thats what they are.

Most people try to be polite, others, well...

Why? Who's feelings are they sparing?
Will say it again, they are called bar girls, entertainment zones etc because that is what they are.

So they don't have sex with men in exchange for money, then??

Last time I checked, that was called prostitution and the women partaking were called prostitutes

Those who advocate the use of euphemisms are clearly embarrassed and ashamed of what they do . . . despite claiming not to care what others think, be they locals, expats of the folks back home

Edited by Cypress Hill

The amount of euphemisms people use around this issue is fascinating - bar girl, naughty boy, pay for play, entertainment zones etc etc.

Will say it again, they are called bar girls, entertainment zones etc because that is what they are.

Last time I checked, that was called prostitution and the women partaking were called prostitutes

Those who advocate the use of euphemisms are clearly embarrassed and ashamed of what they do . . . despite claiming not to care what others think, be they locals, expats of the folks back home

Call them prostitutes if you like. I havent used them in years so nothing to be ashamed about, but still refer to them as bar girls becausebthats also what they are. If you want to call a girl a prostitute then good luck with that.

Will you also call a person with some brain damage a retard or a person with a disability a spastic? Thats what they are, so again, good luck with that. I dont feel the need to try and feel suprior by denigrating people, but thats just me.

Call them prostitutes if you like. I havent used them in years so nothing to be ashamed about, but still refer to them as bar girls becausebthats also what they are. If you want to call a girl a prostitute then good luck with that.

Will you also call a person with some brain damage a retard or a person with a disability a spastic? Thats what they are, so again, good luck with that. I dont feel the need to try and feel suprior by denigrating people, but thats just me.

No, I'd call them a person with brain damage, because that's what they are. I wouldn't use a euphemism like 'special'.

The expats I know are decent, educated, likeable people who lead normal lives.

I guess the people you meet depends on where you hang out.

Are you likable?

You probably wouldn't think so - you don't appear to like anyone much.

From what I read, wouldn't care for many on here, anyway. Too many on here see this and other forums as a chance to put somebody down and they seem to do it daily. But this is an anonymous forum and if some want to use me or anyone else as their punching bag, and make statements about how someone whom they have never met lives their lives, maybe it has for them some therapeutic value.

Edited by JLCrab

I have an issue with sexpats.

I could not care one iota what they do or how many they do it with, but more importantly where and when.

My issue is after 15 years the "you handsome guy" "hey you" "want a massage" are as old, worn and haggard as the 18 year old prostitutes yelling it at you in the middle of the day out shopping, chilling with your thai family or whatever on the main street of a major city in Isaan nowhere. The issue with the sexpat is there he is sitting on his fat arse tipping back booze in the middle of the day getting offended and thinking he has the right to intervene when you in reply tell the prostitute to go "f... a dog"...and yet he can not get it through his booze laden, thai virgin (sic) prostitute loving lower and only brain that in the main street of the western city where he comes from people do not have to tolerate such garbage. And yes when in Thailand do like the thai's but only thing is in Thailand prostitution between thais is not sanctioned on the main street in the middle of the day so hence for sexpats when a handsome looking dashing westerner biggrin.png is telling a thai prostitute to go "f... a dog" shut your mouth and butt out...but on second thoughts then again rolleyes.gif as to what references as a dog whistling.gif in that retort might give you the right to be offended.

Edited by Roadman

I could not care one iota what they do or how many they do it with, but more importantly where and when.

My issue is after 15 years the "you handsome guy" "hey you" "want a massage" are as old, worn and haggard as the 18 year old prostitutes yelling it at you in the middle of the day out shopping, chilling with your thai family or whatever on the main street of a major city in Isaan nowhere. The issue with the sexpat is there he is sitting on his fat arse tipping back booze in the middle of the day getting offended and thinking he has the right to intervene when you in reply tell the prostitute to go "f... a dog"...and yet he can not get it through his booze laden, thai virgin (sic) prostitute loving lower and only brain that in the main street of the western city where he comes from people do not have to tolerate such garbage. And yes when in Thailand do like the thai's but only thing is in Thailand prostitution between thais is not sanctioned on the main street in the middle of the day so hence for sexpats when a handsome looking dashing westerner biggrin.png is telling a thai prostitute to go "f... a dog" shut your mouth and butt out...but on second thoughts then again rolleyes.gif as to what references as a dog whistling.gif in that retort might give you the right to be offended.

Er, again please?blink.png

You don't think it might have something to do with the fact that having to travel halfway round the world to get laid is a little embarrassing?

That certainly applies to the deep pocketed obese, tattooed brigade.

The expats I know are decent, educated, likeable people who lead normal lives.

I guess the people you meet depends on where you hang out.

Are you likable?

You probably wouldn't think so - you don't appear to like anyone much.

That was JLCrab you were referring to, are you not getting him mixed up with AYJAYDEE?

yeah if guys that are primarly in thailand for sex than maybe they should be looking at themselves . But tbh i have bigger issues with those younger oh we're so f..cking morally right <deleted> who just sit and judge.

rijit

You guys have lost me -- I first traveled to PRChina in 1988 to work with the Chinese Ministry of Agriculture as I had a background in the Florida Citrus Industry. I traveled halfway around the world for orange juice.

Are you OK?blink.png You wrote, "Not main street????" Have you ever been to Thailand? BTW the dog thing is what the ladies say to the cheap charlies.

post-232807-0-15516100-1437196926_thumb.

They probably just say, "No no no no no no no" with a big smile on their faces.

Are you OK?blink.png You wrote, "Not main street????" Have you ever been to Thailand? BTW the dog thing is what the ladies say to the cheap charlies.

I am always in awe when I see a brothel of such size. I am also amazed that they even built it.

And we think Nana Plaza is impressive. lol.

They probably just say, "No no no no no no no" with a big smile on their faces.

I am always in awe when I see a brothel of such size. I am also amazed that they even built it.

And we think Nana Plaza is impressive. lol.

And there are more just like that. I mean for gosh sake in Thailand brothels for Thais are mega brothels with all the glitz of Las Vegas. Farang are small fry and just a tiny fraction of a large and in your face industry.

Edited by lostoday

^^^^^,

Its all around them, even upcountry, its just the farang doesnt know what he is looking at.

Try Ratchada or Petchaburi in Bkk for whats available, many of our 2 week farang millionaires or our skint pensioners cant afford these Thai places.

If these girls working in lower Suk were up to the task, the places above are where they would be working.

If you just want to get laid a lot of these parlors work out to be cheaper actually because there's no bar fine, no silly lady drinks etc.

I get the impression some of these guys like all that stuff, though - a kind of weird pretence at going out and chatting up a girl, even though it's just business. Some of them even seem to go as far as enacting a strange parody of a relationship with them.

It certainly doesn't seem to be just about the sex.

Edited by SoiBiker

If you just want to get laid a lot of these parlors work out to be cheaper actually because there's no bar fine, no silly lady drinks etc.

I get the impression some of these guys like all that stuff, though - a kind of weird pretence at going out and chatting up a girl, even though it's just business. Some of them even seem to go as far as enacting a strange parody of a relationship with them.

It certainly doesn't seem to be just about the sex.

For some its called, The Girlfriend Experience, they are often to be found in places such as Tesco/Lotus On Nut, either in the gold shop or mobile phone section buying the latest and greatest for their tee laks.

Sometimes they are spotted at the gold shop on soi 10 Suk.

Easily identified, they are usually chaperoning the girl or leading her by the hand, when in stark reality, its the girl leading them.

Comb overs, pony tails, beer guts, red faces, sandals shorts and wife beater shirts are dead giveaways..

You are also correct, for some it aint about sex, listen to the tales these BGs can tell you, these Love Gawds cant even get it up, LOL.

Keun mai dai, in Thai for you, ask your teacher, LOL