What Would Be A Good Restaurant In Pattaya For The Missus' Birthday?

Jai Dee

Moon River Pub.

Then you can impress her even more by dancing with her ! (I hear that girls like that) :D

:D:D:D Are you joking? He said "nice".

That was a private joke between Kerry and myself hiromj.

:D

How is your daughter BTW Kerry?

:o

Moon River Pub.

Then you can impress her even more by dancing with her ! (I hear that girls like that) :D

Yeah he is joking. We all went there for a night out, and all the wives had a great time dancing away and drinking cocktails :D but poor old jai dee didnt dance as they refused to play the village people ymca :o

Whoops seems like i have the let the private joke out of the bag :D

Edited by daleyboy

It is called The Swiss Sabai Lakeside Lodge...

Is it air conditioned? The missus will be wanting to look her best, and she's not too keen on sweating (or do women call it "glowing"?) in an outdoor restaurant... :D

Without a doubt my favourite restaurant has to be the Mata Hari which is now on Threppaya Road. Louis is definately one of the best "Mine Host's" around and he has great food and fine wine.

I thought that the Mata Hari had Indian cuisine? :D

No view though, althought the waitress had a hel_l of a pair of top <deleted> ! !

I'd better keep an eye out for a duck if I got caught checking out that kind of view...

JD

Definately not, Louie is Dutch and the food is cosmopolitan European with Thai food also. Similar style menu to Bruno's but not so expensive, and as I said I prefer it anyway. He does specials depending on what is available from overseas, personally I recommend the Oysters Kilpatrick and the Dover Sole with a bottle of Argentinian Malbec. His sweets are also excellent.

And just in case they normally do duck......and he won't play any Village People !

Moon River Pub.

That was a private joke between Kerry and myself hiromj.

How is your daughter BTW Kerry?

I know Jai Dee. Mine was a joke between Kerry and myself and I know Kerry so he will take it that way. Sorry I wasn't a little more clear.

It is called The Swiss Sabai Lakeside Lodge...

Is it air conditioned? The missus will be wanting to look her best, and she's not too keen on sweating (or do women call it "glowing"?) in an outdoor restaurant... :o

No it's not, but as I said, it was amazingly cool in the middle of a hot afternoon - the breeze was incredible. If you have 15 mins to spare tomorrow morning you could drive out there - 4 kms down Soi paradise (Soi 87) and it's well sign posted. See for yourself.

le saigon pattaya hill resort gets my vote for the view. eat there last week with my family, service excellent very friendly didn't look down on my thai sister in law nor would i expect anyone to, food excellent with a wide choice, not sure about the wine though just had the beer. i have been twice at the present location and i wasn't disappointed either time and when it was in jomtein it was equally as good but with out the view.

my second choice would be bruno's.

i am concerned about casa pascal as i was planning a visit there next time i am over in thailand in november. my thai sister in law usually joins us during our 'gourmet holidays' and i would hate to think anyone would look down on her. so now i am faced with the problem don't go at all or don't go with the sister in law.

enjoy

chez

Well, we ended up going to Mantra.

5 star service, 5 star food, 5 star wine list, 5 star ambience... we could not fault the place.

Of course, a 5 star check bill at the end of the night, but that was a given.

We had a very enjoyable evening there.

The coup de grace was when the service staff gathered around our table to sing Happy Birthday to my missus, and present her with a chocolate lover's dessert... complete with candles. She was made to feel very special, and she thanked everyone graciously.

I got an extra special thank-you after we got home... :o

Thanks for the recommendations everyone.

So that`s my two penneth on Casa Pascal :D

Well I won't go into details, but I too had a run in with Monsieur Pascal, and certainly won't be going back there.

We were a foursome and I have the feeling that they might just have been looking down on the Thai wives who accompanied us.

Some bad service and an arrogant attitude might sum it up. :o

Are they very Essan looking ?

or the manner of dress ?

Well I won't go into details, but I too had a run in with Monsieur Pascal, and certainly won't be going back there.

We were a foursome and I have the feeling that they might just have been looking down on the Thai wives who accompanied us.

Some bad service and an arrogant attitude might sum it up. :D

or the manner of dress ?

As it happens, they boith dressed absolutely impeccably, as beffited our wives and as befitting the establishment we were dining in. :D

And so what if they were Issan looking, and so what if they dressed like Issan girls. SO BLOODY WHAT!!!! :o:D

Are you suggesting that that gives some jumped up arrogant farang the right to look down on them?

This is their country you know :D:D

I really don't appreciate your insinuations. :D

Some bad service and an arrogant attitude might sum it up. :D

or the manner of dress ?

As it happens, they boith dressed absolutely impeccably, as beffited our wives and as befitting the establishment we were dining in. :D

And so what if they were Issan looking, and so what if they dressed like Issan girls. SO BLOODY WHAT!!!! :o:D

Are you suggesting that that gives some jumped up arrogant farang the right to look down on them?

This is their country you know :D:D

I really don't appreciate your insinuations. :D

Just wondering what may have given you that feeling about the place.

Thailand has a caste system.

Not my fault :D

Hardly, elsewhere in the world we call it racism.

The whole perceived , P'ea - Nong thing and who gets the higher wai.

Many people often hide their Issan roots when they feel they have attained some sort of status.

Some facial features are very telling - this is just one of those Thai facts.

Not Up To Me , but I have observed it.

Many people often hide their Issan roots when they feel they have attained some sort of status.

You are on the wrong track Vespa....I think that Pascal comes from Singapore if I am not mistaken and my wife is English....... so pick the bones out of that :o

You are on the wrong track Vespa....I think that Pascal comes from Singapore if I am not mistaken and my wife is English....... so pick the bones out of that :D

Yes. he's way off course for kinds of reasons but I won't bother to persue it.

Suffice to say both the owner and staff displayed an arrogance, and a a distinct reluctance to accept that they were anything but the most perfect people.

Let it rest there as it is off topic, and JD has had his anniversary dinner. :o