Non-O in Vientiane- July 2015

Just did the non-o multiple entry last week at Savannakhet,

Exactly the document mentioned above are needed, original marriage cert just for a quick look and hands it back.

Because we couldn't take our car we had a bit of a laugh trying to get a sensible price from any of the "taxi drivers"...

One knobjockey said 3,000฿! We could only get the price down to 1,100฿ ONE WAY!

The 50฿ bus and tuktuks are the best way to go... There and back the next day for less than 1,000฿ for the wife & I

• 1 month later...

As of this past Monday the consulate were telling people to call 2 weeks before to make an appointment.

I wonder if that is for all applicants or only for Laotians. I suspect it is only for Laotians.

No info on consulate website.

A very good friend (Thai) called the consulate this past Monday for her husband (Italian) for information as he has do by the 25th October and she was told to call two weeks before and make an appointment. The Savannhket Consulate is swamped at the moment. I know individuals that have just returned and they say its a mob seen.

Wait, are appointments needed to apply for a visa at Vientiane now or Savannhket? This thread got a little confusing as to which consulate you are talking about.

I'm just about to buy a ticket up to Vientiane to do a first time Non-O visa. I turn 50 in a couple weeks.

I don't see anything about appointments on the Vientiane Thai Consulate webpage, but that page has been wonky for a little while.

• 3 weeks later...

The double entry non o visa would be based on marriage

There is no double entry non-imm 'O'. Either single or multiple entries.

So based on a non o marriage visa, I can get a multiple entry visa at Vientiane? I just want to make sure this is correct as in other posts it says they don't issue multiple entry visas at Vientiane

--------------------------------

But they were willing to do a single 90 day Non O entry for retirement?

The reason I ask that is that can be extended to an annual retirement at Chaeng Wattana if you have the funds.

• Like 1