pigs killed by disease or unknow cause being sold into the consumer market?

JakeM

Hi ,

I am newbie here but I received a request for some financial support from who is buying up mainly dead pigs ? from local farms ,they die apparently daily from a disease or a hart attack or a unknown cause . How longer has died how cheaper they become.

But I understood that most of those pigs are just sold and go as it seems without a problem into consumer markets or they are being sold to restaurants for instance.

So this brings up for the question is this allowed ? are there no regulations for pigmeat .

To be honest I have no feeling with this market whatsoever so I can,t see my investing in it but after hearing this story I just want to find out more about this because I have the feeling that his business is not a legitimate one ? Or is it a common thing in Thailand ?

Thanks in advance for your replies

They had quite a discussion/condemnation of this type of thing on the poultry farms just a few months back.any7 large livestock operation have death loss, the why or how does not become of much concern unless the losses far exceeed expectioms budgeted.

the normal procedure is a truck comes by on a regular schedule , every couple of days or so, picks up the dead animals and sells them to a local butcher and he in turn does his thing with butchering and sells on for local consumption.by humans.. is there monitorning as to cause of death by authorties (NO) is it legal, probably not but that has not stopped much of the illegal activity that takes place in the sh,t holes of this country and the workd. There was mention w3hen the chicken situation was exposed that a shortage od people, lack of enforcement, non reporting of deaths, autyhorties unaware it was going on, basically it came down to more profit for chicken/pig farmer, more meat on market place, no complaints of people dieing from this practice, etc

otherwise beware of what you consume, and how it came to be where it is (Dead) AND CAUSE OF DEATH. veggies are much safer for those who worry about such matters, but if we knew what care was taken with a vast amount of drink and food that we consume we may look like the surviors of POW camps of the bad folks.

AS is often mentioned home prepration and cooking is much safer IF you have someone who understands handling and hygene of food but home ec. does not appear as a course offered at the modern school/education system (the fittest and the lucky ones are the ones who wake up in the morning) the human body can build a imune system the medical staff can only marvel at, but they manage to screw that self defense system up quite often as they claim expertise from their famous unique non education system.

Think I told the story on here a while back how my father in law was grazing his four buffalo's on the side of the road down in deepest Esarn, he had bought them for 10,000 baht each, one died on the side of the road for no apparent reason, someone came along and offered him 6,000 baht for it, they hauled it away unbled. At 6,000 you can bet where it went and I don't mean for dog tucker. Sorry for the underlining, don't know how it got there or how to get rid of it.