visa extensions and runs

Bonjour ?

As I understand it Thai visa rules have been changing a lot recently.

My wife and son and I just arrived in Thailand with a double entry tourist visa allowing us two two month stays. Is it at this time possible to extend each of our two month stays and if so for how long and where. Can we extend our first two months right away or does it need to be closer to the end of the two months. Also are there a lot of places to extend or only in major centres such as Bangkok and ChangMai. Any information will be most helpful. Also last time we were in Bangkok the immigration office had temporarily moved. What is its current location and times.

For our visa run what are the most hassle free and/or fun options in the north or south.

Thank you to anyone who may have up to date current info and experience to such questions.

There have been no rule changes.

Tourist visa entries are extendable for 30 days at any immigration office at a cost of 1900 baht. Application should be made 1-2 weeks prior to the permission to stay date being reached.

Make sure your second entry is made prior to "enter before" date which can be seen on the visa .

• Like 1

You can apply for your extensions at any immigration office. There are about 47 of them in all parts of the country.

In Bangkok you would apply for the extensions at Chaeng Wattana. (it has been open again for over a year).

Since all you have to do is cross a border and return on the same day to use the 2nd entry I am sure it is all that important where you go unless want to spend a day or so.

The primary consideration might be the cost of the visa for entering the other country. Laos will cost you $42 each since you are from Canada. Cambodia costs $30. Myanmar is 500 baht for a border pass. No visa is needed for entry to Malaysia so no cost for those crossings.