things that thailand does well

mmh8

I feel with all the face saving going on ,reports of students being arrested, innocent people being found guilty of crimes before trial, water mismanagement and all the incompetance that it would be nice to discuss the positive aspects of thailand. I don't want new visitors to think that are entering a place where all is bad.... so people what do you think Thailand does well?

to kick it off for me its those ladyboy shows like the one in pattaya - Tiffany's Show its great

in Bangkok its all the entertainment around soi cowboy and nana

QUOTE:

"to kick it off for me its those ladyboy shows like the one in pattaya - Tiffany's"

Hahaha - you're brilliant. What does Thailand do well? Ladyboy shows. :) :) :) You've brought such a smile to my face, I'm going to let the missus go shopping - oh wait! That was going to be my answer. Shopping.

- Having a society that doesn't judge or look down on gays, transsexuals, lesbians, etc.

- Gender equality

- Little to no tax at all

- You can live a life where the only expense is utility and food..

- Internet is second fastest in South East Asia. No data caps. Prices are fair.

- 7-Eleven

- McDonalds [delivery], Starbucks, Burgerking, Dunkin' Donuts, Sizzler, and many more.

- College tuition fees are not a scam.

- Student loans have fair interest rates.

- Unemployment rate is very low.

- Having a society that doesn't judge or look down on gays, transsexuals, lesbians, etc.

- Gender equality

- 7-Eleven

- McDonalds [delivery], Starbucks, Burgerking, Dunkin' Donuts, Sizzler, and many more.

I don't know where you get the "little or no tax" from.

VAT is higher than in Malaysia.

Excise duty is higher than Vietnam, Laos or Cambodia.

Income tax is higher than in Malaysia.

Perhaps you meant Thailand is good at failing to collect the tax that is due.

SC

- Gender equality

- 7-Eleven

My wife doesn't like lesbians, I think more than gays or transsexuals because she can't decide which is worse........................sad.png

tongue.png

- Gender equality

- 7-Eleven

And much much more if you get out of the tourist traps.

- Gender equality

- 7-Eleven

while i believe this is a genuine attempt at finding positives, i think it is quite mistaken.

gays are indeed tolerated, but there is still a fair amount of condescension if not outright negativity towards them.

gender equality has a very long way to go, women make less, have less chance at serious promotion (glass ceiling) and attitudes towards rape need serious revision.

taxes are quite high here, especially once your income climbs over a couple million per year. corporate taxes are painful.

internet is great, especially in the capital, but sporadic elsewhere.

7-11 is in so many countries its damn near universal

the last ones may well be true, but perhaps at the cost of a universally competitive education.

unemployment may be low, but so in many cases are what can only be considered subsistence wages with little to no social assistance.

i very much enjoy my life and the freedoms i enjoy here, but my financial position allows me to dictate my own terms. house in bangkok, house at the beach.

id be hard pressed to leave.

- Gender equality

- 7-Eleven

How do you get to know unemployment is so low when no one gets registered for the dole and as you know no dole in thailand so you are so wrong on unemployment.

Little or no tax come if Thailand keeps that up it will end up like Greeks no money that is the bad thing about thailand people not pay much tax

- Gender equality

- 7-Eleven

while i believe this is a genuine attempt at finding positives, i think it is quite mistaken.

gays are indeed tolerated, but there is still a fair amount of condescension if not outright negativity towards them.

gender equality has a very long way to go, women make less, have less chance at serious promotion (glass ceiling) and attitudes towards rape need serious revision.

taxes are quite high here, especially once your income climbs over a couple million per year. corporate taxes are painful.

internet is great, especially in the capital, but sporadic elsewhere.

7-11 is in so many countries its damn near universal

the last ones may well be true, but perhaps at the cost of a universally competitive education.

unemployment may be low, but so in many cases are what can only be considered subsistence wages with little to no social assistance.

i very much enjoy my life and the freedoms i enjoy here, but my financial position allows me to dictate my own terms. house in bangkok, house at the beach.

id be hard pressed to leave.

What a knob . Could you be any more negative at the same time as building yourself up ? Classic case of small d... Syndrome ! Thought the guy had made some valid points but Miss Debbie Downer here lashed all over his bonfire . Must be good to be a pretend millionaire (baht)

Promoting morons to top positions in the police mafia

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1436939696

BKK Police Chief Angered by Breathalyzer Test Requests

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1436963880&typecate=06&section=

Cop Hunts Webmaster for 'Mimicking' His Lottery Prophecies

Gen Prawit: Kamronwit will be dealt with in accordance with the law

- Gender equality

- 7-Eleven

Little to no tax???you must be living in another Thailand than me...I paid last year more than 200000thb on tax

Globally recognized, banana republic quality, third world buffoons. As per canman's post.

I'm rich and old and have thousands of women at my beck and call. The weather is wonderful. My yard is full of flowering trees and sweet smelling plants. My dog loves me and is my best friend. I just received a big increase in my pension and money is rolling in so fast it is hard to keep track of it all.

In the past couple of weeks I have learned so much on Thai Visa that has improved the quality of my life it is hard to thank them enough.

Life is good; Thailand is wonderful and all is right with the world.biggrin.png

- Gender equality

- 7-Eleven

How do you get to know unemployment is so low when no one gets registered for the dole and as you know no dole in thailand so you are so wrong on unemployment.

Little or no tax come if Thailand keeps that up it will end up like Greeks no money that is the bad thing about thailand people not pay much tax

What is supposed to be a Thai liking topic seems to have turned into a Thai bashing one.

Keeps sponging Immigrants from moving in.

You mean like all the Myanmari and Lao labourers? The Vietnamese kids selling flowers down Soi 4? The big African hookers that work the Arab quarter around Soi 3? Luckily most of the washed-up spongers in Thailand are living off the back of an actuarial fraud perpetrated against their own children before they were even born