State Of Emergency In Thailand

Mobi

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Latest word from the the Beeb is that Thaksin is desperatly trying to arrange a plane back to LOS. Not suprisingly there are efforts in place to keep him out by the occupying Army/Government. Lets hope they keep him out. God knows what problems will erupt if the Toxin man returns and some of army throws their lot in with him!

Hopefully Thaskin is let back in so democracy can take its proper course.

I'd think if the King really wanted him to go, all he would have had to do is ask for his resignation publicly.

I disagree. Cos it would have madeToxic lose face. And H.Majesty surely wouldn`t be the one to cause him to lose face. Taksin does that well enough by himself.

so Taksin's wife, kids, and cronies just up and left town (a good number of them, at least from what it sounds) right before this all happened?

Believe they have a small mobile phone stall in one of the Singapores shopping malls.....nice little earner... :D

Did the Mrs ever get her handbag back after it was nicked in the emporium?..... :o

So right now, what do i need to get in ? I have a passport brand new. That's about it.

I have a new passport and the funds to fly there and try to find a apartment. how long can i stay now before i have to go home ? What if I'm travelling by foot and there's a curfew ?

the way things change so rapidly i don't know what to do. I'm just a normal guy who wants to enjoy, maybe find a lady to show me the country like waterfalls and rivers and mountains.

eat the food, play my guitar and have fun. I'm half native american so I'm different looking,

and my hair is long, they used to make you cut it at the airport long time ago when i was in a rock band. that was in the 70's and I havn't been back since. the police scared the hel_l out of me.

I want to come back but I'm afraid again what might happen to me

steve

so does this mean it's a bad time for me to come visit thailand ?

Anytime is a good time to visit thailand......just come...and worry not!

Oh, and one more thing about the coup.

Everyhting is being done, using the following words..

Administrative Reform Group under the Democratic System with the King as the Head of State,

On this page of A.R.G.u.t.D.S.w.t.K.a.t.H.o.S communiqués

On this page of A.R.Groups declarations

already mostly posted by George on previous pages on this thread.

These exact words are used eight times in the first four communiqués

Edited by kayo

anyone find it funny that thaksin and all his family were out of thailand when the coup happened? himself at the UN, his wife in singapore since monday (1 day before), his son reportedly flew out of thailand just a few hours before it happened and his daughters, well...no idea, likely outside thailand too.

Not funny at all. The best time to stage a Coup is when you know the guy your kicking out is not in country. It is much easier that way. Simple art of war. Cut communication lines first. And to assume Thaksin is a dunce that didn't sence this possibility and get his family out of harms way would also be a bad assumption. He is no dunce. He may not be the most scrupulous person on earth but he is no fool.

Latest word from the the Beeb is that Thaksin is desperatly trying to arrange a plane back to LOS. Not suprisingly there are efforts in place to keep him out by the occupying Army/Government. Lets hope they keep him out. God knows what problems will erupt if the Toxin man returns and some of army throws their lot in with him!

Hopefully Thaskin is let back in so democracy can take its proper course.

I'd think if the King really wanted him to go, all he would have had to do is ask for his resignation publicly.

I disagree. Cos it would have madeToxic lose face. And H.Majesty surely wouldn`t be the one to cause him to lose face. Taksin does that well enough by himself.

Not really this coup is a very big loss of face. It would have been much easier to ask for a resignation I'm afraid. Any rate hate speculating - hopefully the King will come out on television and make a statement. :o

So right now, what do i need to get in ? I have a passport brand new. That's about it.

I have a new passport and the funds to fly there and try to find a apartment. how long can i stay now before i have to go home ? What if I'm travelling by foot and there's a curfew ?

the way things change so rapidly i don't know what to do. I'm just a normal guy who wants to enjoy, maybe find a lady to show me the country like waterfalls and rivers and mountains.

eat the food, play my guitar and have fun. I'm half native american so I'm different looking,

and my hair is long, they used to make you cut it at the airport long time ago when i was in a rock band. that was in the 70's and I havn't been back since. the police scared the hel_l out of me.

I want to come back but I'm afraid again what might happen to me

steve

so does this mean it's a bad time for me to come visit thailand ?

Anytime is a good time to visit thailand......just come...and worry not!

Steve,

As of Oct 1, with just your passport,you can stay 90 days (boarder runs after each 30 days to get a new stamp) then you must leave for 90 days. You can then repeat the process for another 90 days.

I'd love some power now , to zap some of the shit posts.

Then I'd probably start my own coup and zap all of the Bastar............... :D

:o

Heee... :D n Thanks for that moment of light relief.

A klown needs a laugh from time to time too. :D

this is where you can pick up some nice cheap stocks if u like life in the fast lane.

U will be banned soon id that kind of chatter persists

I think womble was just teasing as humor is a method of dealing with stress but there is a note of truth to this(I could be wrong). In the US today on Bloomberg this exact stock purchasing was discussed from a serious point of view. Bloomberg is all about money. Them saying you can pick up stocks cheap is their job. But it is also a compliment to Thai businesses in that even with a coup you can still purchase these stocks for less and they are veiwed as a good investment.

It may seem like taking advantage of a bad situation during a bad time for Thailand. .... well it is taking advantage of a bad situation.... but I don't think the intent of his statement was malicious. I think most if not all of the people on this site love Thailand....there may be aspects we don't like....but overall we would not be posting here if we weren't interested.

They're replaying those dubious videos of their supposed audience with the King over again. It doesn't show anyone's face, just a few black mercedes driving, or HM himself. It seems they want to control all media to make us THINK that they have complete control.

I can tell you most of the Thai people in Bangkok are not happy with Sondthi, they might not like Thaksin due to his business dealings, but they absolutely despise Sondthi for trying to take over with force. And are pissed that their democratic rights have been overlooked, with the election coming up in months they had the power to choose who would run the country next, Thaksin was never going to run again.

this is where you can pick up some nice cheap stocks if u like life in the fast lane.

U will be banned soon id that kind of chatter persists

I think womble was just teasing as humor is a method of dealing with stress but there is a note of truth to this(I could be wrong). In the US today on Bloomberg this exact stock purchasing was discussed from a serious point of view. Bloomberg is all about money. Them saying you can pick up stocks cheap is their job. But it is also a compliment to Thai businesses in that even with a coup you can still purchase these stocks for less and they are veiwed as a good investment.

It may seem like taking advantage of a bad situation during a bad time for Thailand. .... well it is taking advantage of a bad situation.... but I don't think the intent of his statement was malicious. I think most if not all of the people on this site love Thailand....there may be aspects we don't like....but overall we would not be posting here if we weren't interested.

Then again there is the possibility you all know each other and are screwing with the rest of us to entertain yourself. Who knows. Mai Bpen Rai.

I am the first one to critisize my own country (US) but I will be the last to stick my nose in to What's going on here in Thailand. I live here and like Thailand and support the Thai's in figuring out how to deal with what is going on. As a guest here I am staying out of it. Of all the things that offend the Thai people the worst is the arrogant notion that farang know whats best for them. I hope we all support them by respecting them at this time.

rumors of a coup had been floating for weeks.

The caretaker took time to leave Bangkok for his world tour.

There was some doubt that he would return

Now it looks like he's on holiday for a while.

He's a copper not a soldier.

He'll get a nice place in Belgavia to spend his billions if he was able to get them out of Thailand.

Then again there is the possibility you all know each other and are screwing with the rest of us to entertain yourself. Who knows. Mai Bpen Rai.

Doh! Tv.com controls the Beeb too?

:D:o

I guess for the slightly less dense people a clown icon could be a clue but I generally am more apt to require a board to the forehead to get it. :D

He'll get a nice place in Belgavia to spend his billions if he was able to get them out of Thailand.

I've gotta assume that his money (or at the very least a large portion thereof) is already out of Thailand... that's prob the first thing he started working on after the sale of Shin Corp....