• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's for real.

Taxsin declared state of emergency.

Army and Police have issued a public staement on TV and gagged all media in the country. TV showing a blue screen with Thai writing saying that the Police and Army have surrounded Bangkok and declared martial law.

Hope you are safe if you are in BKK right now!!!

Thailand declared state of emergency! News from all over the world including Singapore and USA!

:o Well, I just stood up in the internet place where I am now and stated there's a coup, and they all just laughed and went back to playing video games. All seems normal so far up at this end.

did you say it in english or thai?

It's for real.

Taxsin declared state of emergency.

Army and Police have issued a public staement on TV and gagged all media in the country. TV showing a blue screen with Thai writing saying that the Police and Army have surrounded Bangkok and declared martial law.

Hope you are safe if you are in BKK right now!!!

Thailand declared state of emergency! News from all over the world including Singapore and USA!

Troops seized PM's office!

Depends on where you work...doubt anyone of us living more then a couple of ston-throws away from the city will notice anything, just like with all the previous demonstrations.

The strictly political effect is chilling though...

Its being broadcasted all over the US right now

NO NOT TRUE What's Thailand to the USA No coverage of the ongoing bombings of banks/schools etc in the fxxxx'd up south. Besides Thailand's in 'their "pocket"', did anyone ever look into [t]sin's portfolio which holds a million plus in US debt/bonds/notes etc. AND BESIDES WHY DOES EVERYONE LOOK UPON [bADLY OR OTHERWISE] ON THE USA TO SOLVE/SAVE THE world??????????

All channels are blocked with music.......

Something is happening.

CNN in the USA is saying Thaksin is no where to be seen at the United Nations this morning. He was supposed to be seated at the Thai desk with the leaders of other nations.

Hola from Spain. Have been trying to open up the website for The Nation and the Bangkok Post but without success. Guess they have pulled the plug on them.

Medina

there is a guy on tv now explaining , as far as i can make out , that the army and the police have taken control of things in view of all the uncertainty and arguments going on in the country with the temporary government in place.

they will not form a government.

they will look after things until the election.

and have requested peacefulness and co operation from the population.

they didnt say who ordered it or who they represent.

my view is that thaksin did it to prevent demonstrations and opposition in the lead up to the election.

I just heard this on BBC, I know a lot of military guys on my street and they never mentioned this to me (only a few minutes ago). I'm going out for a beer, time someone did something about taksin.

As said before though, lets hope nobody gets hurt in all this.

Peace out people, keep safe.

OliG

From http://news.bbc.co.uk

Over ten tanks on the streets of Bangkok. Pictures are being shown of Government House, with a security cordon around the perimeter.

Some collusion alleged with the Royal Thai Police.

They are going to set up a commission to decide upon the future progress of democracy in Thailand. Latest reports.. from Shawn Crispin, Asia Times...

Foreign Office UK says expats should avoid crowds.

Thaksin sacks Army Commander.

there is a guy on tv now explaining , as far as i can make out , that the army and the police have taken control of things in view of all the uncertainty and arguments going on in the country with the temporary government in place.

they will not form a government.

they will look after things until the election.

and have requested peacefulness and co operation from the population.

Not sure...

From BBC

The announcement said the troops belonged to the "Council of Political Reform".

Thai media say that two army factions appear to be heading for a clash, with one side backing the prime minister and the other side backing military commander Lieutenant General Sonthi Boonyaratglin.

OK, I have been in contact with the daughter of one of the generals who's leading this.(currently in her very well guarded house)

All the armed forces are behind this, including the police. It's real, and it's happening right now. Everyone who is sided with Thuksin is being removed from office including any military officers.

There is a curfew in place, so dont go out unless you really have to, and stay well away from government buildings.

The chances of this ending without bloodshed are very very slim.

EDIT: Ill post updates as I get more info.

Cheers.

Edited by VanZam