Radio operators in hot water for blocking Prayut's show

webfact

POLITICS
Radio operators in hot water for blocking Prayut's show

The Nation

30264541-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The National Broadcasting and Telecommunication Commission (NBTC) and the Second Army Region have threatened to severely punish 250 radio operators in the Northeast if they continue to block the broadcast signal of Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha's weekly radio programme.

The NBTC and the army discovered that 250 radio stations in Nakhon Ratchasima and Buriram provinces failed to relay the broadcast signal of Prayut's weekly show, called "Returning Happiness to the Thai People".

Asawin Mungkhunkamkhao, director of NBTC Region 2, said the station operators would be asked to sign a memorandum of understanding promising to strictly follow the instruction to relay the broadcast signal without any conditions and if they fail to carry out the task, they will be given a warning and then they will find themselves unable to renew their licenses or see them permanently revoked.

The National Council for Peace and Order may also take the operators inside military camps to have their attitudes adjusted.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Radio-operators-in-hot-water-for-blocking-Prayuts--30264541.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-16

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen to the man lose your radio station.

It is of course feasible as to why his show has not been aired in those provinces being that they are RED controlled. The reds would not want their people to see any kind of progress or hope unless it was them offering it.

Ha ha. Good for them trying to avoid the public brainwashing via airwaves.

Problem is they were brainwashing the reds long before Prayut ever came to be. So now that they have to air a show that will deprogram their minions they refuse.

It is of course feasible as to why his show has not been aired in those provinces being that they are RED controlled. The reds would not want their people to see any kind of progress or hope unless it was them offering it.

Progress like ...what, for example?

Perhaps you'd like to remember the public brainwashing activities of the udd / reds in the form of 'democracy schools' in the North East and other parts of Thailand.

Many reports of locals being afraid to not attend.

Edited by scorecard

You just have to love it when the champions of free speech come out in favour of a radio program being blocked. Nobody is forced to listen to it, but don't those who want to have the right to hear what their PM has to say?

BTW those who refuse to relay the program seem to share the same attitude as those who intimidate, attack and sometimes kill those wishing to express an opposing political viewpoint, in the name of democracy yet.

Problem is they were brainwashing the reds long before Prayut ever came to be. So now that they have to air a show that will deprogram their minions they refuse.

Deprogram or re-brainwash??

Would be interesting to read from you what progress you are talking about .

People should be able to listen yes... but not forced !

"The NBTC and the army discovered that 250 radio stations in Nakhon Ratchasima and Buriram provinces failed to relay the broadcast signal of Prayut's weekly show, called "Returning Happiness to the Thai People".

I wonder how they founded out,

do you think someone finally complained about not being able to hear the broadcast a year after they began?

I would say deprogram, takes far longer to brainwash. To brainwash you first have to deprogram (but that might be the ultimate goal).

But reds supporters should not complain too much as I never saw them make problems when they were in charge of the brainwashing.

Nobody is forced to listen to a radio program. That happens at 5am when the village loudspeakers start their daily propaganda session.

I would say deprogram, takes far longer to brainwash. To brainwash you first have to deprogram (but that might be the ultimate goal).

But reds supporters should not complain too much as I never saw them make problems when they were in charge of the brainwashing.

- You mean, like airing long programs on all TV channels daily, weekly for over a year?

- I'm not a red supporter. I'm just truly amazed at the group of westerners from democratic countries being cheerleaders for the current administration.

But you didn't mention the other angle - blocked from listening.

You just have to love it when the champions of free speech come out in favour of a radio program being blocked. Nobody is forced to listen to it, but don't those who want to have the right to hear what their PM has to say?

BTW those who refuse to relay the program seem to share the same attitude as those who intimidate, attack and sometimes kill those wishing to express an opposing political viewpoint, in the name of democracy yet.

(Thailand, Land of the free) as long as you do as I tell you, you are free to air my radio speeches or have your license pulled, Yu'p that's freedom isn't it.

Is it not the right of the owner of a radio/tv/media outlet to choose what they wish to air???

For me I think it would be better if they did put his speeches over the airwaves, people can listen or not.

"BTW those that refuse to relay the program seem to share the same attitude as those who intimidate,attack, and sometimes kill those wishing to express an opposing viewpoint, in the name of democracy". So do you mean the people that blockaded poling stations? or the ones attacking buses full people that want to vote? or do you mean the thugs that intimidated and bashed old men and women that wanted to express their opposing political viewpoint? are they the people your talking about? Or is it the people that agree with your political viewpoint that should be allowed to express their opinions and freedoms?

Ya think this intimidation would fly in your home country, PLAY MY SPEACH OR LOOSE YOUR LICENCE..........post-4641-1156693976.gif

the Reds would do whatever it takes to avoid there supporters to hear the truth, the government point of view.

Reds don't need reconciliation. they need people's hatred.

all red stations should be shut and there owners banned to take part in media business for life.

the Reds would do whatever it takes to avoid there supporters to hear the truth, the government point of view.

all red stations should be shut and there owners banned to take part in media business for life.

There you go. That's the attitude that will make this country move forward!!!

One side is bad and the other side is good - it's all black and white!blink.png

Why block it? If people don't want to listen to it because it is boring (unless you actively want to avoid people listening to it) just use the time to gain some knowledge by reading a book or spend quality time with your kids and family.

There you go. That's the attitude that will make this country move forward!!!

One side is bad and the other side is good - it's all black and white!blink.png

keep your moral relativism for yourself. "any conflict is a both side's fault" "world is not black and white" - we know this kind of ranting

in some situation one side is right and another is wrong. and only those indoctrinated by degrading left ideas would not admit this.

"wolfhound is right but man-eater is wrong"

whistling.gif Be realistic.

If I had a transmitter and deliberately jammed the British Prime Minister's speech to Parliament, I would face prosecution for interfering with that broadcast.

Same in Thailand, or any country in The Eurozone.

Interfering with a legitimate radio or television broadcast is an illegal act.

Edited by IMA_FARANG