Inetrantional News Channels Disrupted ?

dutch

Since about 10 minutes no broadcast anymore . :o

Went off at 11:55pm here in Bangkok - at precisely the same time as the announcement being made on Thai tv.

I guess it a means of ensuring no mistruths are being published within Bangkok!

So much rumour & innuendo it's probably best to wait for the facts to come out.

If they ever do..... :D

All my UBC stations have been working fine for the past 1 hour +

BBC, CNN, Fox, etc. have not been interrupted for me. I'm in Bangkok

Local stations fine, too.

U must be watching something else to the rst of thailand then m8

Local Stations fine ???

BBC can be seen with live feeds on Panamsat 2, Panamsat 8 and other satellite channels

CNN on most paytv networks is up bar UBC

The best news feed about it is Sky News (UK) or for satellite users on the APTN feed on UP4 on Asiasat 2 here in Thailand, also note there are sky news screens dumps here as well http://www.jsat.tv/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1144549628 which dumps out every minute

Not so fast... as soon as they started talking about Thailand on CNN (just before 14:00), the picture quickly cut to a red screen and then was restored as soon as that report ended.

Apparently BBC is the same, dumb really, none of the BBC reports I've seen here in Holland have been negative, just (hopefully) factual :o

Not so fast... as soon as they started talking about Thailand on CNN (just before 14:00), the picture quickly cut to a red screen and then was restored as soon as that report ended.

Apparently BBC is the same, dumb really, none of the BBC reports I've seen here in Holland have been negative, just (hopefully) factual :o

I think it's on the mention of the name "Thaksin", not on the coup itself. The headline report was screened without problems, but when they came back to the subject later it was censored.

It is really good to hear that the reports have not been negative. Right now, the military can't take the chance that some well meaning Thai intellectual is going to voice their initial reactions on global TV, potentially giving Dr. Thaksin's people in the countryside verbal ammunition to create problems. The military needs to continue to quickly restore confidence and stabillity. From here in Bangkok, so far, they are doing a great job.