New Bar On The Darkside

Aseansnow

hI all just tell to you all a new bars open on the darkside real good pub food and great thai food done by his Thai mrs, she has lived and worked in the UK, This a bar and cafe, plenty of banter and fun i recommend it. get ur toot there ;) located right up soi siam all the way to the major lights turn left about 200 yards on your left in that row of shop houses

Thanks for the good luck, I need it i had a stroke 2 months ago but hanging in there Im quizzed tho just had an email from thaivisa ? saying i cant advertise i went there for a drink <deleted> thats all i dont have interests in it at all ???

Edited by Aseansnow

rules is rules.

As it is not your bar, then I feel freer to say I give it 6 months.

Here is how is will be.

1 - Opening night with free food. Will be busy.

2 - Next couple of weeks a handful of people giving it a try.

3 - Next 6 weeks virtually empty.

4 - Big sign out front - a new one, promoting something that no one is interested in.

5 - next three months owner loses complete interest and the For Sale sign goes up.

If they are to have any chance, they should change the name to "Missus at the market? Come here for beer and a touch up by an middle aged bird"

One thing it may have going for it is location, as far as parking goes. As I only drive a car I find it almost impossible to find a park outside most of the bars on Nern Plubwan, and that road is so narrow you risk damage to your car as well.

One thing it may have going for it is location, as far as parking goes. As I only drive a car I find it almost impossible to find a park outside most of the bars on Nern Plubwan, and that road is so narrow you risk damage to your car as well.

With drink driving you risk damage to your car too. Beside of that you may risk the life of others.

If you just drink inside the legal limit, that would be different of course.

With drink driving you risk damage to your car too. Beside of that you may risk the life of others.

If you just drink inside the legal limit, that would be different of course.

Two beers is my limit these days.

I see them popping up in soi khao talo and khao noi all the time. Its quite sad as no one goes to them. U just hope the women who open them r using farangs money and not waisting there own life savings. If my wife ever came to me and said "i want to open a bar with international food" i would just laugh.

LOL Boldface yet another doom and gloom merchant, criticising anyone trying get on, Why are there so many farangs with an attitude problem here, , I have spoken to the owner, Really good guy with a 10 year old son and long term Thai wife, up to them what they do with there life. I only posted this to help people who wanted a change

Edited by Rimmer
Flame

LOL Boldface yet another doom and gloom merchant, criticising anyone trying get on, Why are there so many farangs with an attitude problem here, I have spoken to the owner, Really good guy with a 10 year old son and long term Thai wife, up to them what they do with there life. I only posted this to help people who wanted a change

I wish him luck but it is a struggle to survive in the bar business, especially on the dark side. There's a plethora of bars, new ones pop up like mushrooms and disappear as quickly. Personally I don't know why anyone would bother, you certainly aren't going to get rich, lucky if you can keep your head above water, but if he wants to give it a go, good luck.