What is this? Never saw before..and the ..head?..is strange..

What makes people want to kill another living creature...because it looks different? a help out to leave the immediate area or let it make it's own way off might be worth considering, it was just going for a "meander" on a wall and it got executed for doing so.

Edited by dotpoom

I've lived in the rice fields here for 13 years and never seen one but the wife is familiar with them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipalium

Looks like there's no reason to kill them except they prey on earthworms. We need all the earthworms we can get here to improve the soil in the garden so I think I'll kill them if I see one.

This oddity is an Arrow-Headed Flatworm, one of the Planaria, and we believe it is Bipalium kewensis. According to Charles Hogue in his landmark book Insects of the Los Angeles Basin: “the species was discovered in 1878 in the greenhouses of Kew Gardens near London, hence its scientific name. It has a wide distribution in warm climates. It needs a moist habitat and it is usually encountered near outdoor water faucets, where the soil often remains wet. It original home is unknown but is possibly the Indo-Malayan region. … These are benign creatures — they do not damage plants or cause any medical problems.” We suspect that populations of this species get established in new locations when plants are purchased from nurseries.

From WhatsThatBug?.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've lived in the rice fields here for 13 years and never seen one but the wife is familiar with them.

Looks like there's no reason to kill them except they prey on earthworms. We need all the earthworms we can get here to improve the soil in the garden so I think I'll kill them if I see one.

No need. Just leave Mother Nature alone and the environment balances itself perfectly. Killing an abundance of one species has a terrible knock-on effect for the entire ecosystem. When will humans learn. Such a dumb species.

Edited by kennypowers

What makes people want to kill another living creature...because it looks different? a help out to leave the immediate area or let it make it's own way off might be worth considering, it was just going for a "meander" on a wall and it got executed for doing so.

I tried your way with brother inlaw

It didn't work facepalm.gif

Maybe a big stick will rolleyes.gif

No need. Just leave Mother Nature alone and the environment balances itself perfectly. Killing an abundance of one species has a terrible knock-on effect for the entire ecosystem. When will humans learn. Such a dumb species.

I agree leave her alone. I had a green lizard appear in the bathroom last night. He came down onto the tiled part and did not move for some time which is unusual. They usually scurry away fast. I try and encourage them to come as they clean up on the insects inside my unit. He was a beautiful green with ruby red eyes. I nudged him gently and he did not move poor buggar was dead. They must be highly susceptible to household cleaners etc.which I try to keep to a minimum. We also had a beautiful green preying mantis fly in the other day. I gently encouraged him to crawl onto a newspaper and set him down out on the balcony and flew away. We must respect God's creatures even poisonous snakes they all served a purpose in the past and will long after we are gone. Unfortunately the tigers, lions, gorillias and sharks are in decline and might not make it. About 10,000 species go extinct every year. I wonder what year our number will be up?

Very few poisonous snakes in the world.

Species go extinct....so what? Others evolve and possibly our fate as well.

That's the way of nature with or without human interaction.

Charlie Darwin found this out quite a while ago.....I believe he made a few notes on the phenomena..

Charlie Darwin found this out quite a while ago.....I believe he made a few notes on the phenomena..

There are almost no poisonous snakes. Cobras, vipers, mambas are not poisonous. You can eat them quite safely.

They are, however, venomous and quite capable of killing.

There are almost no poisonous snakes. Cobras, vipers, mambas are not poisonous. You can eat them quite safely.

They are, however, venomous and quite capable of killing.

But I do prefer we go seperate ways without the need for antagonism. My wife likes to eat em if they are big enough. I do my best to discourage her.sad.png

If only Thais would learn to like to eat mosquito !tongue.png

Maybe someone could look at importing rattlesnake as a food supply./ hobby etc out in the wild they dine on rats, mice, etc so do help get rid of some of the grain eating varmints. They are not agressive as such but if stepped on , provoked, can/will srike and it can quite painful. few deaths are attributed to rattlesnake bite and there is antivenomous agents avaliable.

the meat is quite good right off the BBQ

I agree leave her alone. I had a green lizard appear in the bathroom last night. He came down onto the tiled part and did not move for some time which is unusual. They usually scurry away fast. I try and encourage them to come as they clean up on the insects inside my unit. He was a beautiful green with ruby red eyes. I nudged him gently and he did not move poor buggar was dead. They must be highly susceptible to household cleaners etc.which I try to keep to a minimum. We also had a beautiful green preying mantis fly in the other day. I gently encouraged him to crawl onto a newspaper and set him down out on the balcony and flew away. We must respect God's creatures even poisonous snakes they all served a purpose in the past and will long after we are gone. Unfortunately the tigers, lions, gorillias and sharks are in decline and might not make it. About 10,000 species go extinct every year. I wonder what year our number will be up?

Do you feel this way about Thai MPs.

• 2 weeks later...

BS pseudoscience.Populations of mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians and fish have declined on average by 52 per cent in the last 40 years. I don't see nature inventing even one new species over that time scale. Anyway you got hold of the wrong end of the sticK: what this planet needs is the extiction of human beings.