Ministers unfazed by prospect of reshuffle

Lite Beer

Ministers unfazed by prospect of reshuffle
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- CABINET members have denied there has been manoeuvring behind the scenes ahead of amendments to the interim charter taking effect and potentially paving the way for a reshuffle that could result in previously banned former politicians securing MP seats.

Deputy PM and Defence Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan said yesterday that any decision to shake up the Cabinet would be made by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha.

"If the PM thinks it's necessary he may consider it and judge the situation and appropriateness [of the move] to make sure that the change will not make things worse," he said.

Prawit insisted that "everyone in the Cabinet has good intentions and makes sacrifices to work for the people" when asked about the Cabinet's performance. However, he said he had not talked to Prayut about the matter. "We are working hard now, so why talk about a reshuffle?" he said.

Agriculture and Cooperatives Minister Petipong Pungbun na Ayudhya also said he had not talked about a Cabinet reshuffle, adding that he did not feel extra pressure at that possibility.

Amnuay Patise, deputy Agriculture and Cooperatives minister, said he was sure every Cabinet member was in good spirits, despite being tired from battling the country's chronic problems.

"I've never heard of anyone wishing to resign, though," he said. "All I've heard is that we have to continue working to our best."

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Ministers-unfazed-by-prospect-of-reshuffle-30264712.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-18

Of course there's no maneuvering behind the scenes as such things don't happen in LoS, just look how above board the annual military reshuffle is and with so many military men in the cabinet what could go wrong ? biggrin.png

" Everyone in the cabinet has good intentions and makes sacrifices to work for the people " so does this mean no one will be miffed and lose face if their services are dispensed with ?

By the way do all their ' sacrifices ' include being able to recruit unqualified family members as well paid ' aides and advisers ' ?

"everyone in the Cabinet has good intentions and makes sacrifices to work for the people"

Yeah, it's so self-sacrificing to receive so many brown paper bags and become far wealthier than any official salary warrants. Same goes in any branch of the Government, Police or Military.

I want to know where they find all these rich "wives" they marry ... I want one! :)

• 4 weeks later...