Lottery vendors demand new ticket allocation

Lite Beer

Lottery vendors demand new ticket allocation

15-7-2558-14-02-53-wpcf_728x405.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Street lottery vendors rallied yesterday to demand that the Government Lottery Office (GLO) reviews its distribution quotas to enable them to make purchases directly with the office as opposed to buying from wholesalers.

The independent lottery vendors gathered before the GLO to submit a formal request to the Director to allocate a distribution quota for them.

According to these vendors, they currently purchase lottery tickets from wholesalers at 77 baht to 78 baht per ticket and are however required to sell them at the government control price of 80 baht per ticket to members of the public, resulting in insufficient income.

They are demanding that a pricing of quota for wholesaler prices to independent vendors be capped at no higher than 72 baht per ticket for the next round of the draw on 1 August 2015.

They also recommended that the GLO should print additional lotteries for the draw in order to accommodate these small time sellers and a different pricing be offered to them at 70.40 baht per ticket.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/lottery-vendors-demand-new-ticket-allocation

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-07-18

wow price in bangkok low when i in pattaya pay 120 baht per ticket from vendors lol.

120Bt, so once again the govt has failed in their attempt to curb corruption and control the lottery price.

Are they capable of achieving anything they set out to, perhaps they are but do they really try?

wow price in bangkok low when i in pattaya pay 120 baht per ticket from vendors lol.

Not anymore. I have seen them all over Chaiyaphum and Pattaya for 80 baht since the law has been enforced. However, the best way to win the lottery is to not play it.

As a ThaiVisa member suggested a long time ago; sell the main lottery tickets by ATM style machines at your local 7/11, Big C, fuel station, etc. Or even on-line. (As happens in most other countries) .

Let the disabled sellers sell the instant win scratch cards.

No Tigers, no warehouse, no corruption.......

How hard can this be organise?

If the story headline is true and the final distributors are paying 77 baht then it would be difficult to make a reasonable profit.

As an aside, I have made two complaints at the Koh Samui Tourist Police office (with photos) this month showing the Lottery vendor offering tickets for sale at 90 baht, and while on both occasions the Police said they would take action, the sale price remains.

This was INEVITABLE given the structure of the market as established by the GLO.

In addition to the "5 Tigers" there are many organizations that get a wholesale quota and resell to the street level vendors. This is a way for them to make money without much effort.

The government has capped the street price but not the wholesale price. Of course the little guy is getting squeezed.

Edited by phoenixdoglover

As a ThaiVisa member suggested a long time ago; sell the main lottery tickets by ATM style machines at your local 7/11, Big C, fuel station, etc. Or even on-line. (As happens in most other countries) .

Let the disabled sellers sell the instant win scratch cards.

No Tigers, no warehouse, no corruption.......

How hard can this be organise?

This is the sensible way to go, then not every Tom Dick n Harry is running about annoying everyone thrusting them under your nose , u could have outlets in newsagency also , the drawback to this system is outlets are controlled and regulated, not something that goes hand in hand in Thailand.

The lady at the local market buys tickets for 76.50. She makes 3.50 on each ticket sold. The stand at the market cost her 300. I am curious to see how long she can sustain

In the past she made about 10 baht per ticket.

The middlemen need to be cut out.

I like the ticket machine at 7 idea, but what would happen to the many individual sellers and the families they support?

If the story headline is true and the final distributors are paying 77 baht then it would be difficult to make a reasonable profit.

As an aside, I have made two complaints at the Koh Samui Tourist Police office (with photos) this month showing the Lottery vendor offering tickets for sale at 90 baht, and while on both occasions the Police said they would take action, the sale price remains.

Why don't you take a picture of real criminals not some poor peasant trying to make a living by charging 25 cents more a ticket. Because you wouldn't live another day that's why. It's funny how a bunch of Western capitalists don't like to see price gouging in a 3rd world country. It's capitalism. You have an option not to buy.