Suggestions for New Immigration Office Nickname...

bangmai

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif Waiting room for seating at Dukes.clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifsmile.png

Comfy place to hang out while waiting for the show.

The possibilities are endless. Make sure not to pick the winning name until after it has been open two months time to iron the kinks out.wai.gif

Edited by northernjohn

"SOAPIE" or "SAYURI"

Reminds me of an establishment in CNX.

We line up

Allocated a number

Sit patiently waiting for our number to be called

Polite at all times

Smile

Play with "tablet"

Customer is always right (even when they are wrong)

Difference - we pay the $$$

Well if it works out real good they could call it expedia.

Lets not go overboard here its more like an expedition. I get really grumpy (according to my g/f) about 3 days before I have to go for my 90 days. Its much like her monthly visit complete with stomach pains. I cringe when I haul out the paperwork packet once more. I always keep the white out handy as I usually need it a couple times. My annual visa extension is far worse. I break out into a cold sweat trying to remember what I missed. If I screw it up its back to the end of the line in the early morning. I was really lucky to get an online booking this year after 5 tries using two computers simultaneously. When I walk out of immigration on that once a year journey I have a smile on my face the sun seems to shine brighter and the birds seem to sing louder oh joy oh happiness for another whole year. It reminds me of my youth playing monopoly just after I bought Boardwalk and Park Place and filled them with hotels. Made me feel like John Beresford Tipton smiled upon me. Most of you old timers should recognize the name.

Well if it works out real good they could call it expedia.

Lets not go overboard here its more like an expedition. I get really grumpy (according to my g/f) about 3 days before I have to go for my 90 days. Its much like her monthly visit complete with stomach pains. I cringe when I haul out the paperwork packet once more. I always keep the white out handy as I usually need it a couple times. My annual visa extension is far worse. I break out into a cold sweat trying to remember what I missed. If I screw it up its back to the end of the line in the early morning. I was really lucky to get an online booking this year after 5 tries using two computers simultaneously. When I walk out of immigration on that once a year journey I have a smile on my face the sun seems to shine brighter and the birds seem to sing louder oh joy oh happiness for another whole year. It reminds me of my youth playing monopoly just after I bought Boardwalk and Park Place and filled them with hotels. Made me feel like John Beresford Tipton smiled upon me. Most of you old timers should recognize the name.

Elgordo -- I believe we live in the same condo building. If you'd like, please send me a PM 15 days before your next 90 day report is due, and you're welcome to come to my condo (or meet in the condo restaurant) with your passport and watch me try to do your 90-day report on-line.

A friend taught me a few tricks to doing the report on line -- like using Internet Explorer with a PC, typing in ALL CAPS, using the drop-down menu to select the province first, THEN using the drop down menu to select the amphur, THEN using the drop down menu to input the tambon. The only part of the address you type is your street address.

I used to get the dreaded message about "contact your local immigration office" when I tried to do 90 day reports on-line for Hubby and me, but now I'm successful thanks to these simple tricks.

Edited by NancyL