Corrupt politicians should face jail and lifetime ban: NLA deputy chief

Lite Beer

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just what the Junta should be doing. Changing the rules which politicians will NEVER do themselves because the reason Thai people go into politics (and the police) in the first place is because they think they can get rich through graft.

They should concentrate on this kind of thing and leave long term policy decisions (like railways and submarines) to an elected government.

I see the Pheu-Thai supporters are displaying their amazing hypocrisy once more. Glass houses and stones and all that. The Junta are certainly not ideal - but they are a lot better than the Parliament of dirty cronies they booted out.

I think you should speak to some people in the know to find out just why the junta is in power.....once you do this you may realise how wide of the mark your current perceptions of the junta are.

OOOOOH!! Some one again hinting that he is in possession of information that we do not have. OOOOOH! I'm jealous of these "people in the know." Only thing missing was telling us that he is not at liberty to tell us what it is that only he, and his his friends "in-the-know" told him. (Sarcasm intended) I do know that the coup & junta are not ideal but they are soooo much better than the Northern HiSo's (and LoSo's) that they replaced. They just need to work faster. Edited by The Deerhunter

Right off the Bat.

corruption

kəˈrʌpʃ(ə)n/

noun

noun: corruption; plural noun: corruptions

the process by which a word or expression is changed from its original state to one regarded as erroneous or debased.

"a record of a word's corruption"

synonyms: alteration, falsification, doctoring, manipulation, manipulating, fudging, adulteration, debasement, degradation, abuse, subversion, misrepresentation, misapplication;

rarevitiation

"these figures have been subject to corruption"

• the process by which a computer database or program becomes debased by alteration or the introduction of errors.

"this procedure creates a temporary file to prevent accidental corruption"

archaic

the process of decay; putrefaction.

"the potato turned black and rotten with corruption"

• Anyone who doesn't believe that corruption isn't still going on in Thailand today, is naive at best, ignorant at worst. The only time we get to hear about it, is AFTER someone's been caught out.Gee F.H Thanks for that. None of us knew that or your bottom line summary.

Fully agree

thumbsup.gif

I see a small flaw in your observations....... What happens after that is the corrupt avoid procpsecution and conviction...... by being corrupt.

Sorry, but I don't agree.

Surely if some of the "bent" politicians/police/Military started to cop long prison sentences, assets confiscated etc for being corrupt it would act as a deterrent to the others.

(But then again a leopard cannot change his spots and this is Thailand.)

so in fact you DO agree. How can the corrupt put the corrupt in Jail?

This is just what the Junta should be doing. Changing the rules which politicians will NEVER do themselves because the reason Thai people go into politics (and the police) in the first place is because they think they can get rich through graft.

They should concentrate on this kind of thing and leave long term policy decisions (like railways and submarines) to an elected government.

I see the Pheu-Thai supporters are displaying their amazing hypocrisy once more. Glass houses and stones and all that. The Junta are certainly not ideal - but they are a lot better than the Parliament of dirty cronies they booted out.

I think you should speak to some people in the know to find out just why the junta is in power.....once you do this you may realise how wide of the mark your current perceptions of the junta are.

OOOOOH!! Some one again hinting that he is in possession of information that we do not have. OOOOOH! I'm jealous of these "people in the know." Only thing missing was telling us that he is not at liberty to tell us what it is that only he, and his his friends "in-the-know" told him. (Sarcasm intended) I do know that the coup & junta are not ideal but they are soooo much better than the Northern HiSo's (and LoSo's) that they replaced. They just need to work faster.

It's quite simple; if you are going to take part in this discussion you should first get up to speed about what is happening in Thailand. No-one on this thread will spell it out and if you don't know why, you have a lot, and I mean a lot, to learn

it would appear too that you don't even know who has replaced who or what and what for.

Edited by cumgranosalum

clap2.gif Such energy put into defending the staus quo ! Displays of fear about change! Is true corruption has not ended. But why such adamant objections to the possibility and ongoing moves to minimize if not eradicate?

Vested interest or .....vested interest?rolleyes.gif

Wrong end of the stick......no one is defending the "status quo" as you call it....I can't even see how you rationally could get that impression..............the problem is that this is a typical "top-down" dictum and to suggest that one side of Thai politics is any less corrupt than the other displays a profound lack of understanding of the way Thai ruling classes work. In fact corruption graft and nepotism is ingrained and endemic so much that a dictum like the OP carries little or no weight in the eyes of most informed observers.

I for one would love to see corruption wiped out in Thailand but one thing I'm sure of is that this dictum won't do it.

Edited by cumgranosalum

clap2.gif Such energy put into defending the staus quo ! Displays of fear about change! Is true corruption has not ended. But why such adamant objections to the possibility and ongoing moves to minimize if not eradicate?

Wrong end of the stick......no one is defending the "status quo" as you call it....I can't even see how you rationally could get that impression..............the problem is that this is a typical "top-down" dictum and to suggest that one side of Thai politics is any less corrupt than the other displays a profound lack of understanding of the way Thai ruling classes work. In fact corruption graft and nepotism is ingrained and endemic so much that a dictum like the OP carries little or no weight in the eyes of most informed observers.

I for one would love to see corruption wiped out in Thailand but one thing I'm sure of is that this dictum won't do it.

And I would prefer support the attempt rather than regale and dismiss with assumptive failure.wai.gif

And I would prefer support the attempt rather than regale and dismiss with assumptive failure.wai.gif

you don't seem to get it...how can the corrupt get rid of corruption?

OOOOOH!! Some one again hinting that he is in possession of information that we do not have. OOOOOH! I'm jealous of these "people in the know." Only thing missing was telling us that he is not at liberty to tell us what it is that only he, and his his friends "in-the-know" told him. (Sarcasm intended) I do know that the coup & junta are not ideal but they are soooo much better than the Northern HiSo's (and LoSo's) that they replaced. They just need to work faster.

It's quite simple; if you are going to take part in this discussion you should first get up to speed about what is happening in Thailand. No-one on this thread will spell it out and if you don't know why, you have a lot, and I mean a lot, to learn

it would appear too that you don't even know who has replaced who or what and what for.

Sorry. Dead wrong on every count. I actually live here, unlike many of those posting. (PS I'm not really sorry.)

you don't seem to get it...how can the corrupt get rid of corruption?

Naivety is to ignore substantiated facts or factors which contradict an action or viewpoint. Accepted that Thai society has an ingrained history as suggested.

And the prior existing "system" was contrived to foster that at the expense of the majority. And achieved with absence of any transparency or accountability.

With the introduction of a constitutionally protected right of all Thais to scrutinize there comes with that an opportunity for real democracy.

Any "governance' can be described as a "top down" dictum. Democratically elected or not. That is the functional purpose of governance.

A perverse description of a democratically elected government could be that it is limited term fascist regime that has been given the right to do as it will.

This junta has assumed governance.

it's stated aim is to achieve a more level social opportunity.

No governance previous has seriously considered or attempted that in real terms.

And it is a very long time since any massive infrastructural developments on behalf of the general population have taken place such as they are now.

And it seems forgotten or ignored that the disruptions and associated killings and maimings of consequtive political stand offs in the streets have ceased and allowed people to concentrate on a more constructive life.

Alluding corruption on the basis that Thailand is corrupt therefore any individual is inherently necessarily corrupt ?

If I am naive I will remain optimistically so.

Pessimism is the basis of religion.

I don't follow any of them either.smile.png