• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

2. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

3. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

4. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

5. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

6. 563

White Culture

7. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

8. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

9. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

10. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

11. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

12. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

13. 125

Trump chickens out again.

14. 68

15. 68

Ex-separatist leader pledges to help Thai govt fight southern rebellion

webfact

Ex-Separatist Leader Pledges to Help Thai Govt Fight Southern Rebellion
Khaosod English

14372840521437284131l.jpg
Recently-released ex-separatist leader Haji Sama-ae Thanam, 63, speaking to reporters on 18 July 2015 in Pattani.

PATTANI — A former separatist leader recently freed from prison has vowed to assist the Thai government's effort to quell the secessionist movement in Thailand's southern border provinces.

Haji Sama-ae Thanam, 63, was released from prison on 17 July after spending 18 years behind bars on terrorism charges. His life sentence was reduced as part of a government policy to pardon former insurgents who have displayed good behavior and renounced the armed struggle.

Speaking to reporters at his home in Pattani province's Panare district on Saturday, Sama-ae thanked the government, the military, and the Southern Border Provinces Administration Center.

"From now on, I will be dedicated to solving problems and developing the border provinces," Sama-ae said, referring to the provinces of Pattani, Yala, and Narathiwat, which local Muslim insurgents are aiming to secede from Thai authorities.

"What I will do is coordinate, talk, and negotiate with different groups, especially groups of people who think differently from the state, and who are knowledgable about many things, so that they can join the effort to build peace in the region."

He continued, "This includes working to develop the quality of life and livelihood of the people. We will uphold the principle of Sufficiency Economy."

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1437284052&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-07-20

"From now on, I will be dedicated to solving problems and developing the border provinces. What I will do is coordinate, talk, and negotiate with different groups, especially groups of people who think differently from the state, and who are knowledgable about many things, so that they can join the effort to build peace in the region."

Anything but working for a living...